US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, Outsiders said:

Why would we want millions of illegal immigrants our country? 

Well, the US will grind to a halt without illegal immigrants.  I'm neither condoning or condemning them, but they are critical to the day to day running of the country

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

You are a good person my friend.

Why do you post information from sources like these.

It can't get any worse.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/breaking911/

The lowest factual reporting.

And listed as a questionable source, one that promotes conspiracy theories and publication of false information. 

• Thanks 1

Its wild this situation with Biden, I don't know if anyone has seen his most recent speeches but the one I saw (2nd to last I think) was another absolute trainwreck.

Its interesting how everyone could see for years that Biden was struggling with cognitive decline, yet the progressive media/establishment not only denied it but ensured us he was actually at his cognitive peak if anything.

So the party proceeds without a primary or any opportunity for the incumbent to be replaced despite clear reason it could be considered. Then Biden slides off another cliff to the point even they can deny it anymore, and now they are desperately trying to get him out. 

Think Biden said recently he would drop off if there was medical reason to do so, maybe they will jump on this case of him having covid & go hard to finally oust him. 

• Cheers 1
  • Desmenko 1

Just now, Ilunga said:

It can't get any worse.

And listed as a questionable source, one that promotes conspiracy theories and publication of false information. 

????

He posted a video of CNN's telecast & the tweet had the actual quote in the comment... there's nothing misinformative about it?

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Its wild this situation with Biden, I don't know if anyone has seen his most recent speeches but the one I saw (2nd to last I think) was another absolute trainwreck.

Its interesting how everyone could see for years that Biden was struggling with cognitive decline, yet the progressive media/establishment not only denied it but ensured us he was actually at his cognitive peak if anything.

So the party proceeds without a primary or any opportunity for the incumbent to be replaced despite clear reason it could be considered. Then Biden slides off another cliff to the point even they can deny it anymore, and now they are desperately trying to get him out. 

Think Biden said recently he would drop off if there was medical reason to do so, maybe they will jump on this case of him having covid & go hard to finally oust him. 

The problem is that the Republican's have run a criminally insane lunatic without a functioning brain for three straight elections.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'd rather have them than the vermin who are willing to vote for Trump and Vance.

I forgot your the one that hates Jim Rutherford right? All you do is call people names when you don't like something. 

• ThereItIs 1
  • Desmenko 1

Just now, Outsiders said:

I forgot your the one that hates Jim Rutherford right? All you do is call people names when you don't like something. 

Sorry you can't handle the opinions of others.  There's simply no excuse for pretending the crimes against humanity that Trump and the rest of the neo-Nazis who make up his base want to commit. They have lost the right to be treated the same as actual people.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Why would we want millions of illegal immigrants our country? 

Assuming you are American, cause US visa and legal immigration system is very outdated and frankly US need these black market workers to take jobs that Americans don't want.

Otherwise you will not have enough people to be productive as some border state business found out recently or inflation will go on turbo drive. 

Oh, gonvernment also get more tax revenue as these worker wages are withheld for tax but they do not file tax returns. 

US need immigration reform but so far no one wants to touch it. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Rep. James Comer said initially that the Secret Service committed to her attendance but that Homeland Security officials appeared to intervene and there has been no “meaningful updates or information” shared with the committee.

Comer said the “lack of transparency and failure to cooperate” with the committee called into question Cheatle’s ability to lead the Secret Service and necessitated the subpoena.

https://apnews.com/article/trump-assassination-attempt-inspector-general-secret-service-045449b3e8f3ab7326cb779f416f83fd

Interesting, not the first time this has happened either.

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Sorry you can't handle the opinions of others.  There's simply no excuse for pretending the crimes against humanity that Trump and the rest of the neo-Nazis who make up his base want to commit. They have lost the right to be treated the same as actual people.

I have no issue with the opinions of others. It is just that an opinion. While I respect others viewpoints, it doesn't mean I have to agree with them. However, you go around verbally attacking people for seeing things differently. I wish you well cause I've seen people like you angry at the world.

• Cheers 1
  • chaos 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

Interesting... I honestly can't say if I think that would hurt or help the dems chances.

If Biden steps aside, I foresee a renewed energy among Democrats, and a persuasive argument for many of the undecideds and never-Trump Republicans to cross the floor and defeat Trumpism. Maybe I'm wrong, but the big money donors who are holding back on Biden are likely to go all in on a new candidate. As much as I admire the work Biden has done and the legislation he's achieved, he needs to step aside. He has served his country a long time and another term would be hazardous to his health, and although many consider him an enfeebled old man, I believe history will look kindly on Biden's achievements. But it is time to go, Joe.

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 2

1 hour ago, stawns said:

I could see them going with two women on the ticket, her and Whitmer

Whitmer likely wouldn't play well with conservative leaning independents because of her COVID related controversies. 

Although, Whitmer has the potential to ensure that the Democrats take Michigan though so there's a chance that they'd risk it I suppose.  Then take the savings from less spending in Michigan and move that money to the next closest swing state in an effort to swing those electoral votes.

34 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

House committees can often be sideshows to smear people or agencies. Like those covid origin panels, trying to discredit scientists.  DHS might be doing that to protect SS from the same thing. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

House committees can often be sideshows to smear people or agencies. Like those covid origin panels, trying to discredit scientists.  DHS might be doing that to protect SS from the same thing. 

????

So you dont want elected officials to have the opportunity to question/investigate the bureaucracy after the country was millimeters from being thrown into complete chaos because of them.

Excellent endorsement of democracy! 

Like this isn't science, this is an incident that everyone is well aware of, it shouldn't be that difficult or unreasonable a request for them to explain how things happened truthfully from their perspective. 

Edited by Smashian Kassian
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

????

So you dont want elected officials to have the opportunity to question/investigate the bureaucracy after the country was millimeters from being thrown into complete chaos because of them.

Like this isn't science, this is an incident that everyone is well aware of, it shouldn't be that difficult or unreasonable a request for them to explain how things happened truthfully from their perspective. 

Honestly this probably have more to do with the Iran plot and DHS does not that info to be carelessly disseminated without further review. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

On its face, this is a legitimate argument, but it assumes an impartial body open to listening, learning and coming to a conclusion. But we all know that these committee hearings turn out to be political theatre with each side scoring points off each other and the witnesses being subjected to all kinds of insult, abuse and accusation. I also think that Homeland Security might be concerned that some overzealous committee member might pursue a line of inquiry that compromises operational intelligence. Maybe they remember that a committee member who displayed a poster sized picture of Hunter Biden's junk might not be the best equipped to investigate the incident.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

????

When should oversight be done?

1)  When an investigation is on going

2)  When the investigation is complete

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many conspiracy theories going around.  It would be in everyone's best interest for all the facts to be on the table before Gym and Gomer and Empty G and BoBo and co. can grandstand. 

Maybe the Jewish Space lasers were involved somehow.  Maybe they temporarily blinded the snipers from taking out the patsy before he got his shot off.  <-- about as likely as some of the conspiracy crap that has been posted in the last few days.

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Ilunga said:

It can't get any worse.

The CNN video is the source my friend.  Are you suggesting the CNN video in the tweet with Van Jones is fake?

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

????

He posted a video of CNN's telecast & the tweet had the actual quote in the comment... there's nothing misinformative about it?

It's amazing how some people don't understand that the actual video in the tweet is the source and it doesn't matter who recorded it and posted it on Twitter...

• Cheers 1
  • chaos 1

2 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

????

I use Media Bias and AllSides media as a fact checking sources.

They are totally unbiased. 

If you want to believe/trust the agenda of a source that is known for promoting conspiracy theories, and publishing fake information, respectfully, be my guest.

48 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The CNN video is the source my friend.  Are you suggesting the CNN video in the tweet with Van Jones is fake?

What I am stating is that I don't trust the agenda of a twitter source that is known for promoting conspiracy theories and fake information.

What I have also stated before is that I don't trust any twitter source full stop. 

As for CNN I don't trust them either.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/left/cnn-bias/ 

Anything less than a high factual reporting doesn't cut it for me. 

41 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

What I am stating is that I don't trust the agenda of a twitter source that is known for promoting conspiracy theories and fake information.

What I have also stated before is that I don't trust any twitter source full stop. 

As for CNN I don't trust them either.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/left/cnn-bias/ 

Anything less than a high factual reporting doesn't cut it for me. 

Not sure you fully understand Dave.  The Twitter source posted a video from CNN which showed Van Jones talking about Biden and Trump.  It was a video from CNN TV.  The Twitter source did not doctor the video or say anything differently in the tweet other than what was said in the video.  

I don't think you fully understand how Twitter works, so there is really no point in having me explain this further to you.