US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

31 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Facts don't matter!

just feels.

this is why people up here should be concerned about PP, he uses the same playbook. Just fluff the hate and feels and you don't have to even make a real election promise. 

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

this is why people up here should be concerned about PP, he uses the same playbook. Just fluff the hate and feels and you don't have to even make a real election promise. 

At least there's the silver lining of Trudeau Jr. being forced to find another line of work.

16 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

At least there's the silver lining of Trudeau Jr. being forced to find another line of work.

Who are all the morons going to be if he doesn't run a good?  Their entire identities rely on JT.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, stawns said:

I can't stand BM, but he's pretty good at putting these lunatics on the spot 

He bugs me too lately but last night was pretty good.

There was a part betwen the two guest about abortion. 

It was interesting as one of the guests ( Wilmore) was pointing out that being pro-choice really should be a conservative postion, if there was no religion involved. 

It represents less government interference to stay out of a womens reproductive rights. That sounds conservative. 

Worth a watch.

Edit: Another small highlight ( lowlight) to me was the other guest ( Donalds) blurting out something like.." we're under the governance of god before we are under any laws' Wish they would have pushed to pause button and focused on that. Separation of church and state is eroding under the US right wing. 

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Pee-pee.  He's got all that real world experience after all.🤪

But those people are only against something, not for.  What are they going to do when there's no JT to focus their hate on?

• Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, stawns said:

But those people are only against something, not for.  What are they going to do when there's no JT to focus their hate on?

They'll think of something.  Mention the words "National Energy Program" & many Albertans will get triggered (a good number I'd wager weren't even born when that legislation by Justin's dad was put in place).

• Vintage 1

On 7/17/2024 at 8:09 PM, Sabrefan1 said:

I hate to join in with the conspiracy theorists about Biden not really having COVID, but now that I've seen a picture of Biden's doctor, my spidey sense is tingling.

Picture of the doctor in the hidden box below.

Hide contents

GSuuPt-XIAEtb9j.thumb.jpeg.a847a1531df0810b8bdee7d42a2d4094.jpeg

This is proof positive that Hillary and David Spade are in fact, the same person....

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Man, the US must have added a bunch of new states.

RDT_20240720_1351424931162513902634370.jpg

They are looking ahead to RNC 2032 when RNC will stand for Resources in Northern Canada.

3 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Ukraine isn't having a dispute with the United States.  Twitter's pretend lawyers should at least read Wikipedia before they post. 

Now if he talks to Putin, things could get hairy for him if he loses the upcoming election.

The Logan Act (1 Stat. 613, 18 U.S.C. § 953, enacted January 30, 1799) is a United States federal law that criminalizes negotiation by unauthorized American citizens with foreign governments having a dispute with the United States.

• ThereItIs 1

27 minutes ago, samiamnot said:

Rumours Hillary is replacing Biden

Oh ffs PLEASE let that happen.

Every single statement Trump could make against it about her would easily be laughed at when she reminds him

Hey didn't you do this?

What about your kids doing that?

But didn't you manage to

It's funny how you did this exact thing

28 minutes ago, samiamnot said:

Rumours Hillary is replacing Biden

Everything I've seen has said Harris if Biden steps down.  A few think there will be an open nomination.  If it does end up being Hillary, I'm going to meme the heck out of it...  😂

To nobody's surprise, the Secret Service has been caught in another lie.

US Secret Service says it previously denied Trump requests for additional resources, New York Times reports

The U.S. Secret Service said it had turned down requests from Donald Trump's security detail for additional resources in the two years leading up to his attempted assassination last week, the New York Times reported on Saturday, citing a spokesman.

This is a reversal from earlier statements by the agency denying that such requests for the former president and Republican presidential nominee had been rebuffed, the newspaper said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us-secret-service-says-it-previously-denied-trump-requests-for-additional-resources-new-york-times-reports/ar-BB1qlqxH?