US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 hour ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Ukraine isn't having a dispute with the United States.  Twitter's pretend lawyers should at least read Wikipedia before they post. 

Now if he talks to Putin, things could get hairy for him if he loses the upcoming election.

Orban was just here at Marlogo ,.

NATO is in dispute / disagreement with Hungary .

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Orban was just here at Marlogo ,.

NATO is in dispute / disagreement with Hungary .

Unless Congress changes the Logan Act to include NATO, Hungary can meet with any citizen or politician, current or former, that they choose to.

• Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Many people are saying it 

Saying what?  Hillary replacing Biden?  That recent article in The Hill has stirred up that particular hornets nest.

Edited by Sabrefan1

With the rumours of Hillary replacing Biden, this came across my timeline.

I have to say its fascinating & striking to see the hosts of a 'democratic' debate jumping in so quickly to try shutting down the live voting populace from expressing a visceral opinion/reaction.

Very anti-democracy from the corporate press then, just they continue to be now.

The other interesting thing is Trump was far sharper then than he is now. And I don't think anyone really knows how sharp Hillary is today, but I imagine like Trump it hasn't increased with age.

Shes been mostly in the shadows for 6-8 years, now remarkably she could be reappearing & cutting the line ahead of a person of colour in Officer Harris. Im fascinated to see how the Democrats play this out ahead of their convention. Seems like no good options. (If I was Newsome or Buttigeg, I'd wait till '28 or '32 when the prospects don't look so bad)

8 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Saying what?  Hillary replacing Biden?  That recent article in The Hill has stirred up that particular hornets nest.

I don't believe it, why would the party want to go back to her? 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

Right?

Hey lets replace the guy that is too old with the lady that already lost...

Sound strategy  /s

23 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Right?

Hey lets replace the guy that is too old with the lady that already lost...

Sound strategy  /s

To be fair, she beat him pretty soundly in the popular vote, and likely would again........I just don't think she plays well in the swing states.

That said, she was polling very well until all the email bs dropped right before the election and I don't see people falling for the Cons disinformation again

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

With the rumours of Hillary replacing Biden, this came across my timeline.

I have to say its fascinating & striking to see the hosts of a 'democratic' debate jumping in so quickly to try shutting down the live voting populace from expressing a visceral opinion/reaction.

Very anti-democracy from the corporate press then, just they continue to be now.

The other interesting thing is Trump was far sharper then than he is now. And I don't think anyone really knows how sharp Hillary is today, but I imagine like Trump it hasn't increased with age.

Shes been mostly in the shadows for 6-8 years, now remarkably she could be reappearing & cutting the line ahead of a person of colour in Officer Harris. Im fascinated to see how the Democrats play this out ahead of their convention. Seems like no good options. (If I was Newsome or Buttigeg, I'd wait till '28 or '32 when the prospects don't look so bad)

I wonder if the time is perfect for 2 like Newsome and Buttigeg ..

The topic / issue is age and decline of politicians ..

Going with younger , experienced, intelligent democrats would be a rally call for many on both sides to support.

…. besides I’d love to see either one of those 2 fore mentioned rip Trump apart and bag him ..

state champs GIF by Pure Noise Records

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I wonder if the time is perfect for 2 like Newsome and Buttigeg ..

The topic / issue is age and decline of politicians ..

Going with younger , experienced, intelligent democrats would be a rally call for many on both sides to support.

…. besides I’d love to see either one of those 2 fore mentioned rip Trump apart and bag him ..

state champs GIF by Pure Noise Records

I don't see anyway, where women's rights are the biggest issue by far, that the Dems go with two men.  I don't think that man is the POTUS candidate........in fact, I think it's possible they run two women on the ticket 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

To be fair, she beat him pretty soundly in the popular vote, and likely would again........I just don't think she plays well in the swing states.

That said, she was polling very well until all the email bs dropped right before the election and I don't see people falling for the Cons disinformation again

Thats true but the Don seems to have more momentum this time around with him being God's pick, taking a bullet for the country, all that... and popular vote doesnt get you the jorb.

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

They shouldn't.  She has issues of her own since suffering from her own TBI.  Going from one candidate with mental issues to another with past brain trauma wouldn't be the wisest move to make.

• ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

This is more likely now than ever, imo.

With people who are already in the grip of the cult, I'm sure.  For the people still on the fence, I think they've got their eyes open and dont buy the lies anymore.

That said, there's plenty of other reasons they wouldn't vote Clinton

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

With people who are already in the grip of the cult, I'm sure.  For the people still on the fence, I think they've got their eyes open and dont buy the lies anymore.

That said, there's plenty of other reasons they wouldn't vote Clinton

I think the Trumpers would love to face Hillary.

Orange clown has to be careful attacking Harris tho, he could really alienate black voters i would think

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, stawns said:

I don't see anyway, where women's rights are the biggest issue by far, that the Dems go with two men.  I don't think that man is the POTUS candidate........in fact, I think it's possible they run two women on the ticket 

The Democrats will go with a woman for DEI reasons.  Women's issues aren't even in the Top 3.

Screenshot2024-07-21131202.thumb.png.d85f65bfb508fd526aa8aa36338699d7.png

4 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

The Democrats will go with a woman for DEI reasons.  Women's issues aren't even in the Top 3.

Screenshot2024-07-21131202.thumb.png.d85f65bfb508fd526aa8aa36338699d7.png

I call bs on that.  On every ballot that abortion has been on, including in red states, it wins overwhelmingly and brings out the democrat vote more than anything else 

Edited by stawns

Just now, stawns said:

I call bs on that.  On every ballot that abortion has been on, including in red states, it wins overwhelmingly and brings out the democrat vote more than anything else 

This isn't the only one that says the same thing.

Abortion access keeps winning in each state it's voted on so there's less urgency.  That was the whole point of SCOTUS sending it to the states.

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

This isn't the only one that says the same thing.

Abortion access keeps winning in each state it's voted on so there's less urgency.  That was the whole point of SCOTUS sending it to the states.

It's not just about abortion......it's about contraception, it's about no fault marriage, it's about a 4 year assault on women's rights.

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

It's not just about abortion......it's about contraception, it's about no fault marriage, it's about a 4 year assault on women's rights.

Right now, it doesn't crack the Top 3.  People are way more concerned with the economy, especially inflation. 

It's cyclical.  Maybe by the mid-terms in 2 years that will be the #1 issue.

Edited by Sabrefan1
Grammar

12 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Right now, it doesn't crack the Top 3.  People are way more concerned with the economy, especially inflation. 

It's cyclical.  Maybe by the mid-terms in 2 years that will be the #1 issue.

Guess it's a good thing that inflation is dropping, fuel prices are dropping, prices are coming down and the economy is dong well in the US.