US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I hated being a 'conspiracy' guy but when he 'got covid' then proceeded to walk around his people... without a mask. Seems small maybe , but after all this time...people mask up when they are symptomatic. Too timely, writing was on the wall. Just disappointing that Joe and the dems tried to pretend he has covid.

It was over. 

Newsom time. 

Welcome to the dark side my friend.  It's much more fun and entertaining over here...   😉

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

why not?  I think when she's the one out front, people will see her differently.  She's, by far, the most qualified

Cuz she's unpopular.

But i hope you are right. I dont hate her, i actually have barely seen her around during Joes run. 

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Welcome to the dark side my friend.  It's much more fun and entertaining over here...   😉

I said I hate it!  😂

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

why not?  I think when she's the one out front, people will see her differently.  She's, by far, the most qualified

She's never been popular and she polls poorly.  There are also the reports over the last few years that the Biden admin. had her sidelined.

There's a lot that they need to overcome with her in the next 4 months.

On the bright side, she has a lot more energy and wherewithall than an octogenarian with age related mental issues.

Just now, Sabrefan1 said:

She's never been popular and she polls poorly.  There are also the reports over the last few years that the Biden admin. had her sidelined.

There's a lot that they need to overcome with her in the next 4 months.

On the bright side, she has a lot more energy and wherewithall than an octogenarian with age related mental issues.

thta's as VP........no one cares about the VP and all that is is a reflection of the SCOTUS.  I'll bet if shes the nominee, that once she gets out there and people actually get to see her, that'll change.  Furthered to that, she isn't Trump and shes a capable legislator and I think there's a lot of people where that's more than enough

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

My head is not connected to google.

No, mine neither.

i use the fingers on my mitts. They hammer keys on this device for gathering info.

I mean, you coulda just said. ' oh yeah, there is like almost every leader on the planet wearing a mask at one time or another once I looked into it'...

1 minute ago, stawns said:

thta's as VP........no one cares about the VP and all that is is a reflection of the SCOTUS.  I'll bet if shes the nominee, that once she gets out there and people actually get to see her, that'll change.  Furthered to that, she isn't Trump and shes a capable legislator and I think there's a lot of people where that's more than enough

We shall see soon enough if you're correct.  The election is only 4 months away.

Just now, Sabrefan1 said:

Wow.  The Muslims are tearing into Biden on social media right now.  They got "Genocide Joe" trending pretty quickly and are really going to town on him.

lol, imagine endorsing Trump by extension because you're mad at the current guy.

Genocide Joe!!!

Oh wait what, what do you mean a full travel ban?  I have to get home from mecca.  Im not allowed because president trump has a travel ban on muslims and muslim countries?

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Warhippy said:

lol, imagine endorsing Trump by extension because you're mad at the current guy.

Genocide Joe!!!

Oh wait what, what do you mean a full travel ban?  I have to get home from mecca.  Im not allowed because president trump has a travel ban on muslims and muslim countries?

Bullet meet foot.  🤣

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Genocide Joe!!!

He can just build a wall around Mecca and make them pay for it…

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Wow.  The Muslims are tearing into Biden on social media right now.  They got "Genocide Joe" trending pretty quickly and are really going to town on him.

there's talk that Harris wasn't as bullish on Israel as Biden was

Just now, stawns said:

there's talk that Harris wasn't as bullish on Israel as Biden was

I have no idea on that.  I wonder if she'll throw Biden under the bus if it becomes an issue for her.  Although I doubt that it will be an issue for her.  NYC has the most Jewish people in the country and they always vote Democrat.

Sad day- not that Biden stepped down; but rather despite the fantastic work, and accomplishments Joe managed to do--perception got the best of reality.

Same thing going on in Canada, to a slightly lesser extent.

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I have no idea on that.  I wonder if she'll throw Biden under the bus if it becomes an issue for her.  Although I doubt that it will be an issue for her.  NYC has the most Jewish people in the country and they always vote Democrat.

They're going to vote Dem anyway, as there's no way they vote for trump.  I also think they're not keen on the way Israeli is behaving or on the extreme right netanahyu government there.  There are many Jews who want to see a different path between Israel and Palestine 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Gurn said:

Sad day- not that Biden stepped down; but rather despite the fantastic work, and accomplishments Joe managed to do--perception got the best of reality.

I agree, but Biden is clearly not physically capable anymore

20 minutes ago, stawns said:

I agree. VP's numbers are never all that impressive and IMO, she's shtill being dragged by the fact that Biden stuck her with the Border issue right off the hop....

Once she has a chance to get her message out as the candidate, I think her numbers get better. Especially after she goes out and mops the floor with Bone Spurs in a debate. A lot of independents and moderates were looking for an alternative to Trump and Biden. Now they've got one....

• Cheers 1
  • Wiener 1

3 minutes ago, Gurn said:

I think maybe it is both.

Joe has kicked ass. He should get cred for that. Joe is also really old, not just a perception, but reality.

I am really impressed that he finally came to this decision. He should be seen as a great POTUS. One that beat Trump when it was most needed.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1