US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

3 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

mops the floor with Bone Spurs in a debate

I was thinking about that.

Trump would be nervous about that debate, I am sure. 

Smartess thing the DNC could do. If Harris can campaign well it should improve the polls. I don't know enough about her to have much of an opinion. She was so/so in the debates leading to Biden's nomination in '20. She has been in DC long enough that her learning curve should be minimal. It places Trump in a race against a woman which should auger well for the Harris. 

One thing I am chuckling about is that Trump no longer has the position against elitist hollywood, california, liberal types.

He is being endorsed by all of them.  SIlicon valley is in his back pocket, so he can't whine about that.  Twitter, Meta are in his back pocket.  Can't complain about that.  Has numerous individuals from hollywood at his nomination.

More so the "pedophile stuff.

He has the accusations against him all over social media.  Has roughyl a dozen important and essential people in or around his orbit arrested for crimes against youth and has endorsed matt gaetz.

A lot of the talking points about draining the swamp or about not being one of the washington elites is over.  All he can campaign on are his lies and the dislike of his opponent.

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

I think maybe it is both.

Joe has kicked ass. He should get cred for that. Joe is also really old, not just a perception, but reality.

I am really impressed that he finally came to this decision. He should be seen as a great POTUS. One that beat Trump when it was most needed.

Biden will be judged very kindly by history. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2

21 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I was thinking about that.

Trump would be nervous about that debate, I am sure. 

He wouldn't get free reign to lie his way through the entire thing again, that's for sure....

Kamala's an experienced prosecutor. She'll be armed with facts to shoot down every line of bullshit that Liar45 throws out there....

Edited by RupertKBD
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I wanna see it!!

A CIRCLE PIT OF HOLINESS!!!!

Mass Hysteria Show GIF by Deezer

Have you seen what mosh pits have become these days...

My old punk bones ache just looking at it...

9oLInh.gif.a17e541479a03182787b97bd8e8a6b29.gif

• Vintage 1

27 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

No, mine neither.

i use the fingers on my mitts. They hammer keys on this device for gathering info.

I mean, you coulda just said. ' oh yeah, there is like almost every leader on the planet wearing a mask at one time or another once I looked into it'...

Or not.  Yes, almost all of them have worn a mask at one time or other.  They have also not worn them at times when you think they should have. 

Will this debate go on much longer?  😉

• Huggy Bear 1

Petey can literally predict the future.  I remember when I said in FEBRUARY that Biden wouldn't make it to the convention and that they would do the switcheroo in June/July, I was mocked and laughed at.  I'd post all the retorts of these posts from the usual posters, but I don't want to embarrass them...

I also said it will be Michelle Obama or Hillary Clinton.  Let's see if I go 2 for 2...

On 2/25/2024 at 10:50 PM, Elias Pettersson said:

My friend’s father just turned 81.  He doesn’t talk or walk like Biden.  He used to be a banker and is still as sharp as ever.  He even helps my friend’s kids with their finances.  He gets up a 6am every day like he used to when he was a VP at HSBC.  

I don’t buy the bs that Biden is just old.  Old people can still form complete sentences.  That is the media spin they are putting on it.  But the Democrats aren’t that dumb.  They know they can’t run Joe for the next election as he may not win.  So that is why the switcheroo will happen in 3-4 months.  If I am wrong on the switcheroo I will gladly say I was wrong…

On 2/25/2024 at 8:36 PM, Elias Pettersson said:

Biden doesn’t even know he’s alive. Even the Italians are mocking him. They will do the switcheroo in 3-4 months. Biden won’t even make it to the DNC convention. 

On 2/25/2024 at 8:46 PM, Elias Pettersson said:

The answer to that question is yes. Barack Obama and his advisors are the string pullers for Biden. The Obama’s live only two miles from the White House. So they are close by to make sure everything is running smoothly. 

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2017/06/02/photos-of-the-obamas-8-point-1-million-washington-d-c-house.html

Barack apparently is already starting Michelle’s campaign. Raising money with donors. In 3-4 months they will do the swicheroo IMO. By August Michelle Obama will be the nominee for the Democrats. 

There is no way we are going to have two 80 year olds with dementia running for President at the same time. 

1 minute ago, Satchmo said:

Or not.  Yes, almost all of them have worn a mask at one time or other.  They have also not worn them at times when you think they should have. 

Will this debate go on much longer?  😉

I think you are a smart guy.

So, it's only a matter of time until you realise I am correct. 😉

• Haha 3
  • Huggy Bear 1

Kama is not my first choice and honestly is probably the worser choice between her and Trump fir me.personally due to green card issue but Kamala is the most logical choice to be the nominee. 

The whole campaign donation transfer for one and the fact the Dem can sidestep the while refusing the primary voters issue and the general lack of chaos. 

Dem went from impossible with Biden to hard mode with Kamala. 

Whitmer or Pritzker would have been on the easy mode choice. 

I wouldn't worry about the while black/women thing as those who were not gonna vote for her because of that are already on the MAGA cult.

4 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Soooo  Harris/Shapiro, Harris/Newsom, or Harris/Random Democrat?

You can count Newsome out. Don't think it is even legal to have president and vp from the same state.

Harris/Shapiro is the most beneficial choice as Penn is crucial to this election. 

If that doesn't come about. Harris/Kelly is also a good choice. 

Harris/Buttigeg would be playing on legendary mode. Not sure US will stand for the holy trinity of women/black/gay. 

Edited by 24K

46 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

leaders dont wear masks? I havent heard that before, I am sure I have seen leaders during the pandemic masked up...?

Anyway, nobody was wearing a mask, He hung out with a bunch of people ( while sick with Covid)  before boarding his plane.

Edit: google 'leaders wearing masks'.....purty much errrbody has donned them.

Me and you both know he didn't have COVID.  I'm starting to think you are just as smart as I am...   😉

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Soooo  Harris/Shapiro, Harris/Newsom, or Harris/Random Democrat?

The DNC picks a smart young candidate for VP and they could edge back into this race. JD Vance has a nice resume but I am questioning his messaging. Harris will draw women back to the DNC. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, 24K said:

You can count Newsome out. Don't think it is even legal to have president and vp from the same state.

Are you being facetious or are you thinking of the 12th amendment which has to do with electors from the same state?

President and VP can be from the same state.

16 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Smartess thing the DNC could do. If Harris can campaign well it should improve the polls. I don't know enough about her to have much of an opinion. She was so/so in the debates leading to Biden's nomination in '20. She has been in DC long enough that her learning curve should be minimal. It places Trump in a race against a woman which should auger well for the Harris. 

Asst DA

Deputy DA

AG

Senator 

VP

Though I'm not a huge fan, it's incredibly important they give those looking for a competent candidate, who isn't Trump, a viable option.

I think she can beat Trump handily if she runs a good campaign 

2 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

The DNC picks a smart young candidate for VP and they could edge back into this race. JD Vance has a nice resume but I am questioning his messaging. Harris will draw women back to the DNC. 

Vance has almost no resume at all 

• Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, 24K said:

Harris/Shapiro is the most beneficial choice as Penn is crucial to this election. 

If that doesn't come about. Harris/Kelly is also a good choice. 

Harris/Buttigeg would be playing on legendary mode. Not sure US will stand for the holy trinity of women/black/gay. 

I think you can cough newsome out as VP because it's not really a step up for him.  I'm betting, even if Harris wins, they'll have a full primary campaign in 2028, and I'd think Newsome is looking at that.

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Me and you both know he didn't have COVID.  I'm starting to think you are just as smart as I am...   😉

I might not be too impressive.

For example, I may have watched too much WWF as a kid. 

When I hear 'Kamala'.... somewhere in my noodle a question pops up asking ...."The Ugandan headhunter?"

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Are you being facetious or are you thinking of the 12th amendment which has to do with electors from the same state?

President and VP can be from the same state.

12th amendment. 

It may be fine but let's not tempt the GOP into more lawsuits. 

So we have Biden and Clintons endorsing Harris while Pelosi had not. 

Harris is an Obama endorsement away from sealing this. 

Edited by 24K