US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, 24K said:

Well out of all the replacement Kamala is probably the best outcome for Trump. 

Still I think there is a major gap between Biden and Harris for Trump's fortune.

I think it will come down to the debate(s).  As long as Trump doesn't get roasted, Kamala may run into the same problem as Hillary.  Neither is popular.

Just to defend the guy that recieved a knuckle sandwich from Buzz...

What are you saying here Buzz?  Oh a fake moon landing is crazy talk but this is fine?... no wonder Elon is egar to get to Mars...

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

So, are you saying that the US is, in essence, a misogynist nation?

As @stawns said, I think there is the Republican base, (who wouldn't vote for the second coming of JFK or FDR) and a small percentage of dinosaurs who don't believe a woman is capable of being POTUS, but the majority of voters will see no issue with two women on a Presidential ticket.

That being said, I think the Dems probably hedge their bets and go with someone like Shapiro.

US has always and still is in essence a misogynist and racist state. 

It has gotten better with the costal elites but still a very long way to go with the confederate states. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I think it will come down to the debate(s).  As long as Trump doesn't get roasted, Kamala may run into the same problem as Hillary.  Neither is popular.

Harris deserves to lose if she can't run circles around Trump. 

• chaos 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I think he's such a hard core misogynist, that he's going to automatically dismiss her at every turn.  I feel like she will trigger him and bring out the real ugliness that hits hard at middle class Americans families.

The tables are about to be turned and the campaign is about to be about trump

We'll see soon enough.  I'd imagine that she'll call for a couple of debates shortly after she is nominated.

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think he's such a hard core misogynist, that he's going to automatically dismiss her at every turn.  I feel like she will trigger him and bring out the real ugliness that hits hard at middle class Americans families.

I'd like to think this would make a difference but this is the 'grab'em by the pussy' guy

And still a ton of women in the US support him.

but you are right in that he will not respect  a thing a black women has to say. 

1 minute ago, 24K said:

Harris deserves to lose if she can't run circles around Trump. 

I think that's where her best, and maybe only, chance to win is.  She just can't edge him out in a debate(s), she needs to clearly beat him.  As a trained litigator, she has the tools to do it if she doesn't let him get to her.

He better not agree to the same debate rules that he did with Biden though.

4 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I'd like to think this would make a difference but this is the 'grab'em by the pussy' guy

And still a ton of women in the US support him.

but you are right in that he will not respect  a thing a black women has to say. 

Women in the cult.......the Dems aren't looking at converting those people

Just now, stawns said:

Women in the cult.......the Dems aren't looking at converting those people

Welp. I like all you are saying today.

If that country elects Kamala I will be very impressed. 

Just kinda dont feel that they will. 

The delusion in here is out of control lol 

If you guys think kamala has any chance you are out to lunch! How did she do in the primaries? Didnt even make it to cali and dropped out because he numbers were so terrible. 

Saying she would mop the floor with trump is actually laughable. Shes a terrible politician and an even worse person. The only hope the dems had was with senile old biden and even that was laughable, that guys brain has been  pudding for like 3 years now.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Welp. I like all you are saying today.

If that country elects Kamala I will be very impressed. 

Just kinda dont feel that they will. 

In a different situation, I might agree.  This election is to block trump and project 2025, not "for" the other candidate.

And harris has been a good vp, working hard behind the scenes.

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, Joe-Kerr said:

If you guys think kamala has any chance you are out to lunch! How did she do in the primaries? Didnt even make it to cali and dropped out because he numbers were so terrible. 

Saying she would mop the floor with trump is actually laughable. Shes a terrible politician and an even worse person. The only hope the dems had was with senile old biden and even that was laughable, that guys brain has been  pudding for like 3 years now.

You're not including me in this blanket statement. i have little faith in Kamala but saying that, I know little about her other than she must be smart. She has held some decent jobs. 

However, are you saying nobody can beat Trump? 

6 minutes ago, Joe-Kerr said:

People said mop thd floor with him in a debate.  She will, if they follow the same rules as debate #1.

Those undecided people (pre-debate people) are looking for any viable alternative to trump, imo.  Harris is smart, accomplished, articulate and now experienced in foreign affairs.  She doesn't piss off allues and she doesn't kiss ass on foreign dictators.

Imo, she is a strong candidate to appeal to centre right voters who want nothing to do with trump, but couldn't stomach voting for a feeble, 81 year old man

30 minutes ago, stawns said:

People said mop thd floor with him in a debate.  She will, if they follow the same rules as debate #1.

Those undecided people (pre-debate people) are looking for any viable alternative to trump, imo.  Harris is smart, accomplished, articulate and now experienced in foreign affairs.  She doesn't piss off allues and she doesn't kiss ass on foreign dictators.

Imo, she is a strong candidate to appeal to centre right voters who want nothing to do with trump, but couldn't stomach voting for a feeble, 81 year old man

I agree. People ain't voting for Biden or even Harris, they are voting against Trump. That is what make 2020 and this election so different from previous elections. 

So far those not in the MAGA cult are looking for permission to vote for anyone that is not Trump and does not looks to maybe die in the next second. 

You remove Biden and his age and the voters that don't think too hard with these things, and a lot of voters are this way, will swing to Harris providing she doesn't drop the ball and be even more non sensical than Trump or the ticket being too extreme. 

Edited by 24K
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

And she isn't:

Convicted felon.

3 more indictments

un-indicted co-conspirator in multiple other criminal cases

Name all over the Epstein files

Civilly liable sexual assaulter

multiple time fraudster (University, foundation, his own company)

OLD and losing marbles

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Are you ready to be unburdened by what has been lol 

She got crushed in the primaries by tulsi gabbard wait till trump unleashes on her

Shes so smug and self righteous with a horrible record. Just wait till they bring up her past. 

Terrible politician. If people didnt like Hillary they are going to hate kamala

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

You're not including me in this blanket statement. i have little faith in Kamala but saying that, I know little about her other than she must be smart. She has held some decent jobs. 

However, are you saying nobody can beat Trump? 

I would be surprised if trump didnt dominate the election. Not totally surprised though because there are a lot of people who hate trump and will "vote blue no matter who"

1 minute ago, Joe-Kerr said:

She got crushed in the primaries by tulsi gabbard wait till trump unleashes on her

Shes so smug and self righteous with a horrible record. Just wait till they bring up her past. 

You could end up being correct.  May I suggest being less smug though if you want people to engage with you?  No shade.  Just some un-asked for advice.  Take it or leave it.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Joe-Kerr said:

Dems are holding onto any hope they can🤣 Harris has no chance 

20 minutes ago, Joe-Kerr said:

You really don't think Harris, a trained litigator, can wipe the floor with a mentally handicapped  bigot who has proven himself to be incapable of acting like an adult?  She'll expose Trump as the Nazi piece of shit that he is.  Kamala may not be a great person, but Trump is subhuman vermin.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Joe-Kerr said:

Again, this isn't about who they are voting for, it's about who they are voting against

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

A relative of mine just said in our friend group chat that Trump was the lessor of 2 evils between him and Biden.  🤦🏽

Does right wing propaganda media work that well?  I am always impressed with how good they are at their job. Probably got a lot of help from Putin.

Biden, a corporatist, who actually fought for Thomas to be on the supreme court.  Who was rushed into the primaries last time by the elites because there was a threat that Sanders was going to win if he didn't.

Biden, who turned the economy around to one of the strongest ever, got the US out of Afghanistan, beat his own first 100 days plan to get out a working vaccine for everyone in the country, reduced senior prescription prices, passed the Inflation Reduction Act that helped manufacturers. Passed new gun legislation, weak though it is. Brought world leadership back with leading NATO against old communist KGB official Putin's desires to bring back the USSR and rape and pillage Ukraine. 

What exactly can they honestly attribute "evil" in what he's done?  I don't get it.  Other than that brainwashing works. Repeating something over and over to a willing audience that is told not to trust any of the established news sources.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 2