US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

29 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

thanks, I think trump might be stronger than ever.

He can literally claim he took a bullet for his country.

That alone is a powerful statement. 

I still hope that the dems can put someone strong in to save the states though

Personally, I think this mythologizes him within his cult, but I think their increased craziness over it is going to turn everyone else off

Edited by stawns
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I said he 'might' be stronger than ever.

Do you think his popularity is better or worse these days?

Dodging bullets like an oblivious Muhammad Ali is pretty cool.

And I think Trump is the worst thing to happen to the states in my lifetime

I think it made no difference. 

Those already never Trump wouldn't be swayed and Trump's base is already with him.

You have some that may lean towards him harden toward him but at the same time those that lean against him also move more away from him as it solidify their belief Trump brings chaos. 

In the end it is a wash. 

Had he been actually been shot through, he may actually gain more sympathy vote or had the shooter been clearly die hard Dem, then you have people blaming the Dem for political violence. 

It is a bad ass picture. I have to give him that but I doubt it will sway many just on that especially after knowing it was barely a flesh wound.

Edited by 24K
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, 24K said:

Like I said, it moved on cause it really didn't do anything. 

If the shooter was clearly MAGA or Dem then it will have a bigger impact. If Trump actually got any significant injury from it, it will still be a huge story. 

Getting to the bottom of such an improbable failure is the story, and then there are plenty of questions to pose in the aftermath.

But apparently it's time to forget & move on!

Just now, stawns said:

Deputy DA

Asst DA

DA

AG

Senator

VP

In what world isn't she qualified?

She is qualified. People just don't like her for whatever reason maybe she will do better unburdened by Biden. 

All I know is east Asians despise her cause their dislike against Indians. I know people that are never Trumpers that just went full Trump cause of that. 

Just now, stawns said:

Deputy DA

Asst DA

DA

AG

Senator

VP

In what world isn't she qualified?

'MOST qualified' Sure she is qualified, and honestly I forgot about the 4 years as a senator, but you said MOST. 

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Getting to the bottom of such an improbable failure is the story, and then there are plenty of questions to pose in the aftermath.

But apparently it's time to forget & move on!

Well hard to beat Biden dropping out unless the story is Trump in a comma. 

1 minute ago, Gnarcore said:

'MOST qualified' Sure she is qualified, and honestly I forgot about the 4 years as a senator, but you said MOST. 

Of the realistic dem choices?  Who's more qualified?

Just now, 24K said:

She is qualified. People just don't like her for whatever reason maybe she will do better unburdened by Biden. 

All I know is east Asians despise her cause their dislike against Indians. I know people that are never Trumpers that just went full Trump cause of that. 

Her time as a DA had some questionable shit...but also she is A) a woman and B) of colour. Two things that for some out there will be issues. She legit put parents in jail cuz their kids missed school...I am sure that helped them attend more 😄 

My fave US politician these days is Jasmine Crockett. Smart, witty and god damn gorgeous 😄

• Cheers 1

Just now, 24K said:

Well hard to beat Biden dropping out unless the story is Trump in a comma. 

I actually think this is a great point.......the Dems just stole the headline from the repugs

Just now, stawns said:

Well maybe not more qualified but equally qualified.

Whitmer, Pritzker, Newsome.

Just now, stawns said:

Now you're adding a new qualifier to it 😉 Of the realistic choices? Newsome and Shapiro as qualified if not more. But if I am those two I sit this out and take on whomever in 2028 at this point. However, all the media play this will get..who knows some might see this as a prime opportunity. 

6 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

2 minutes ago, 24K said:

Well maybe not more qualified but equally qualified.

Whitmer, Pritzker, Newsome.

You think? Which of them was Vice President of the United States?

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

VP rarely ever win the presidency. 

I'm not gonna put being vp being more qualified than gonvernor.

Edited by 24K

3 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

What did she do of note as VP? Seriously, it is pretty much a ribbon cutting job. We're not talking Dick Cheney here. 

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

Well, to be fair . 

That guy would have loved Buzz if he would have just admitted that the moon landing was fake!

New movie coming out, plot is that the landing was fake.

10 years from now half the American population will believe it WAS fake.-- cause they saw it on t.v.

F in stupid people, everywhere, more and more every freaking day.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, 24K said:

I'm not gonna out being vp being more qualified than gonvernor.

Governor of CALIFORNIA is a by far bigger gig experience wise than VP I'd say...but I've done neither so what do I know? 😄

Just now, The Arrogant Worms said:

JD Vance is one cheeseburger away from becoming president of Trump wins.  He has 0 qualifications and experience.

While true that is relevant to the topic of conversation how? 😄

2 minutes ago, 24K said:

I'm not gonna out being vp being more qualified than gonvernor.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that.

4 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Now you're adding a new qualifier to it 😉 Of the realistic choices? Newsome and Shapiro as qualified if not more. But if I am those two I sit this out and take on whomever in 2028 at this point. However, all the media play this will get..who knows some might see this as a prime opportunity. 

Newsome.....ran a winery, board of supervisors on the parking and traffic commission of san fran, mayor of San Fran, Lt gov of Cali, gov of Cali

Shapiro - penn house of reps, Montgomery board of commissioners, chairman of the board on the commission on crime and delinquency, penn ag, gov of penn

Though Shapiro has a good resume, not as qualified to be president as Harris, imo.  Solid pick for VP though

4 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

What did she do of note as VP? Seriously, it is pretty much a ribbon cutting job. We're not talking Dick Cheney here. 

I can't say that I know what the day today duties of a Veep are, but I'd say the job itself is indicative of qualification.

Remind me, what job Biden had before becoming POTUS?

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Newsome.....ran a winery, board of supervisors on the parking and traffic commission of san fran, mayor of San Fran, Lt gov of Cali, gov of Cali

Shapiro - penn house of reps, Montgomery board of commissioners, chairman of the board on the commission on crime and delinquency, penn ag, gov of penn

Though Shapiro has a good resume, not as qualified to be president as Harris, imo.  Solid pick for VP though

Gov of Cali is a bigger job than anything Harris has. She is not unqualified but I was responding to the assertion she was the most of all possible options. Compared to other side, even with 4 years experience as Pres,  she is by far more qualified than the opposition.