US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

4 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I doubt very much that Pete B. will be picked. Much more likely to see someone that has been selected to head an important portfolio such as Jim Himes (ranking member of the House Intelligence committee) another one to consider is Brendan Boyle (Ranking member of the House budget committee) IMO, pick will be a white male with experience in politics and a good track record of winning in a critical swing state.

I like Kelly. Former military, astronaut, family has had real issues to face. Plus the VP gets to run NASA and I don't think he'd pander to Elon. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Dude she was a District Attorney, an Attorney General....

She sounds here like she is trying to simplify and dumb it down for the US people. Remember , for example, Trumps speeches are at about a grade 6 level

To be fair, Trump can't read a higher level.

6 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I doubt very much that Pete B. will be picked. Much more likely to see someone that has been selected to head an important portfolio such as Jim Himes (ranking member of the House Intelligence committee) another one to consider is Brendan Boyle (Ranking member of the House budget committee) IMO, pick will be a white male with experience in politics and a good track record of winning in a critical swing state.

The benefit to Pete B.  Is his success and foresight with infrastructure.

The Build Back Better or whatever plan under him would be great.  He went out loud and long about the issues with Texas' infrastructure and was ignored and then everything he said would happen or could happen did.

He actually has a mind and brain for this and for a team that ran on or is running on finishing the job and infrastructure he'd be a good call to bring along.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

I like Kelly. Former military, astronaut, family has had real issues to face. Plus the VP gets to run NASA and I don't think he'd pander to Elon. 

Great guy but I think they will be looking for someone in the 50 to 65 age range with experience.

Just now, Kootenay Gold said:

Great guy but I think they will be looking for someone in the 50 to 65 age range with experience.

he's 60, and a very highly qualified guy. He's only been a senator since 2000, but Vance has only had what, a year? 

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

The Build Back Better or whatever plan under him would be great.  He went out loud and long about the issues with Texas' infrastructure and was ignored and then everything he said would happen or could happen did.

He actually has a mind and brain for this and for a team that ran on or is running on finishing the job and infrastructure he'd be a good call to bring along.

I don't think he will be picked as a VP running mate but will stay on in his current role.

7 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Oh look.  Someone did it for you @bolt

So in essence, she was asked to explain it to people like they were 5, or Trump supporters and she did and now they're using it against her.

Seems about par for the course.  Maybe another opinion column would help?

The whole clip. plus a bunch of the mean tweets that followed it, can be found here:

https://www.mediamatters.org/russias-invasion-ukraine/deceptively-edited-viral-video-watch-vp-kamala-harris-and-ukraine-edition

Just now, Satchmo said:

The whole clip. plus a bunch of the mean tweets that followed it, can be found here:

https://www.mediamatters.org/russias-invasion-ukraine/deceptively-edited-viral-video-watch-vp-kamala-harris-and-ukraine-edition

I loved the way she descibed the UKR war.

'Small European country. Big neighbour invaded. That's wrong.'

I mean, that's clear and concise. love it. 

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

he's 60, and a very highly qualified guy. He's only been a senator since 2000, but Vance has only had what, a year? 

My mistake. I was thinking of Mike Kelly not Mark Kelly; and yes; he might be a good choice to run as VP.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

This. 

Dems need to run with this ‘younger’ person and his incredibly high policy acumen and track record with ‘on the ground’ accomplishments, and ensure a debate happens between Petey and Drumpfy. 

Checkmate. 

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

This. 

Dems need to run with this ‘younger’ person and incredibly high policy acumen and track record on ‘on the ground’ accomplishments, and ensure a debate happens between Petey and Drumpfy. 

Checkmate. 

And the fact that Pete served, went to Afghanistan...

Would love to see him mop the floor with the draft dodging waddlehump. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

And swing state factor as well

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

And the fact that Pete served, went to Afghanistan...

Would love to see him mop the floor with the draft dodging waddlehump. 

I honestly think they like PB as an attack dog more than a VP, imo. 

Edited by stawns
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Satchmo said:

Me neither but it sounds like all the most likely candidates are sitting governors.

Not of the 5th largest economy on the planet.  I also don't think they run two candidates out of cali

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

dunno, are we really there yet? Seattle is a pretty chill city, my favourite US one along with Austin. I wouldn't be concerned about going there. 

Im not overly concerned, it just takes away any worry about going there since our plans had to change anyway

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

I just read Pete speaks 8 languages...

Jeepers, that's like 7.5 more than me.

I'm in Mexico right now fumbling through spanglish, remembering how illiterate I am as most of the Mexicans are quite bilingual.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

I like Pete best but I'm worried about all the hate speech that is going to come with a black woman and a gay man on the ticket.

On the other, talk about a dagger to the heart of MAGA if they won