US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

10 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I just read an absolutely wonderful story and I hope sharing it here won’t upset the balance of mayhem and chaos 😉  

A funny and true story about the late Queen:
Around 2005, the Queen and her Personal Protection Officer, Dick Griffin, were walking alone one afternoon in the hills near the Scottish royal castle, Balmoral.
Two tourists approached them, and engaged in conversation. Griffin recalls:
“There were two hikers coming towards us, and the Queen would always stop and say hello.

"They were two Americans on a walking holiday.
"It was clear from the moment we stopped that they hadn't recognized the Queen, which was fine.
"The American gentleman was telling the Queen where they came from, where they were going next, and where they'd been in Britain.
"I could see it coming, and sure enough, he said to Her Majesty: 'And where do you live?'
"She replied: 'Well I live in London, but I've got a holiday home just the other side of the hills.'
"He said: 'How long have you been coming up here?'
"She replied: 'I've been coming up here ever since I was a little girl, so over 80 years.'
"You could see the cogs whirring, so he said: 'Well, if you've been coming up here for over 80 years, you must have met the Queen.'
"Quick as a flash, she said: 'I haven't, but Dick here meets her regularly.'
The hiker then asked Griffin what the monarch was like in person.
"Because I was with her a long time, and I knew I could pull her leg, I said: 'Oh, she can be very cantankerous at times, but she's got a lovely sense of humour.'
The next thing I knew, this guy comes round, puts his arm around my shoulder, and before I could see what was happening, he gets his camera, GIVES IT TO THE QUEEN, and says: 'Can you take a picture of the two of us?'
"Then we swapped places, and I TOOK A PICTURE OF THEM WITH THE QUEEN.
"And we never let on, and we waved goodbye.
"Afterwards, Her Majesty said to me: 'I'd love to be a fly on the wall when he shows those photographs to his friends in America, and hopefully someone tells him who I am'."
The World Misses You Greatly
Rest in Peace Your Majesty 

She did her part in WWII. She was trained as a driver and a mechanic. Story goes she would fix and diagnose her own Range Rovers on occasion even in to her 90's.

The interesting part, she never had nor needed a drivers licence. She was exempt for needing a driver's licence as she was the sovereign. Other interesting fact, she is the only member of the Royal Family to serve in the Army.

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

She did her part in WWII. She was trained as a driver and a mechanic. Story goes she would fix and diagnose her own Range Rovers on occasion even in to her 90's.

The interesting part, she never had nor needed a drivers licence. She was exempt for needing a driver's licence as she was the sovereign. Other interesting fact, she is the only member of the Royal Family to serve in the Army.

I know this is the US Politics thread, so I know I shouldn't perpetuate thread tangents, but I can't help but ask: when she worked on her Range Rover, did she swear like every other one of the mechanics that I know (both weekend warrior and professional)?  🫅🤬🔧

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I know this is the US Politics thread, so I know I shouldn't perpetuate thread tangents, but I can't help but ask: when she worked on her Range Rover, did she swear like every other one of the mechanics that I know (both weekend warrior and professional)?  🫅🤬🔧

She probably didn't swear in front of her corgi's. 🙂 But fixing a Range Rover, it would be totally understandable. And to hear it would have been awesome.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

yes,    I believe the “F Bomb” was her War Time favorite 😉 

lol.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

these loudmouth fucks have NOTHING on Harris ! Lol

It’s like listening to SNL ,.  But it’s better because their just fucked up for real !!

Bob Belcher Grasping At Straws GIF by Bob's Burgers

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

When did she become like this? Yikes.

She talks about Harris being unqualified........yet she ran for POTUS and she barely has a resume

14 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

She probably didn't swear in front of her corgi's. 🙂 But fixing a Range Rover, it would be totally understandable. And to hear it would have been awesome.

A Christmas Story Fudge GIF

*whew*

not that Harris is a homerun vs Trump either, but she’s the better candidate.  Havnt heard from her too much in my limited US politics viewings but hoping she has the charisma and cojones to swat away Trump.  man that would be terrible