US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

13 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

She should be desperate.  She has 4 months to do 18 months of work. 

Isn't much of that fundraising and name recognition? She's pretty much there 

One good debate can really make things interesting.

Just now, Bob Long said:

I wonder what the fallout would be if DT backs out of a debate

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I wonder what the fallout would be if DT backs out of a debate

Might be the smartest thing he can do.

He wont lose his minions if he backs out, he can just tell them its rigged or something.

But if he goes up there and she smokes him as she probably would, maybe some of those minions start feeling it and stay away from the ballot box. 

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

The funds will always be there.  That takes minimal time for a candidate these days.

They need to spin a narrative and try to introduce it into the public zeitgeist.  They need to do an abbreviated version of that now, especially since the Biden Admin. let it known over time that they had sidelined her for much of the last few years.

37 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

True. It is a certainty that the DNC will bear the brunt of the border situation. IMHO Biden should have moved the army in to stabilize the situation. It would have allowed the government to show definitive action even with GOP non co-operation. I suspect the Republican governor of Texas would have supported such a move.  

Upon reflection, the cynic in me tells me the Dems in the Senate knew the GOP in Congress wouldn't let that legislation pass no matter how "good" it was (giving the Dems a 'talking point').  Politics...

Just now, bishopshodan said:

He wont lose his minions if he backs out, he can just tell them its rigged or something.

But if he goes up there and she smokes him as she probably would, maybe some of those minions start feeling it and stay away from the ballot box. 

He already did that. Will only debate if it is on Fox Propaganda which is a non starter. 

9 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

As much as I wouldn't touch Melania with a stranger's dangly bits let alone my own, I don't blame her for trying to get a better life for herself and her family.  That she had to sleep with Trump to do it, is a job in and of itself.

I can't put her down for it.

She's no better then a $20 hooker working the corner though.  History will look on her the same as Eva Braun.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, 24K said:

What do you when? He already did.

I thought he was, so far, just trying to move it to Fox...But it does sound like he wants out.

He's scared, and he should be.

Edit: just saw your response, were on the same page

Edited by bishopshodan

Just now, King Heffy said:

She's no better then a $20 hooker working the corner though.  History will look on her the same as Eva Braun.

She'll just be a footnote in history.  She never did anything noteworthy as a first lady.  50 years from now, her name will be all but forgotten.

Just now, bishopshodan said:

I thought he was, so far, just trying to move it to Fox...But it does sound like he wants out.

He's scared, and he should be.

Edit: just saw your response, were on the same page

It effectively is backing out cause Harris would be really dumb to debate Trump with Fox News. It effectively kills it. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

She'll just be a footnote in history.  She never did anything noteworthy as a first lady.  50 years from now, her name will be all but forgotten.

Publicly supporting the subhuman vermin she calls a husband is enough.  Braun never really did anything either but we still know who she was.

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I agree, but his minions aren't enough to win him an election.  I honestly wonder if he even actually wants to win

• Cheers 1

Just now, stawns said:

I agree, but his minions aren't enough to win him an election.  I honestly wonder if he even actually wants to win

He's going to die in prison if he doesn't, so I suspect that he does.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, 24K said:

It effectively is backing out cause Harris would be really dumb to debate Trump with Fox News. It effectively kills it. 

She'll be fine no matter who holds the debate.  She's a trained litigator.

Trump just needs to not agree to the same rules as the debate he had with Biden.  His only good chance is to knock her off-balance throughout the debate with interruptions and whatnot.

3 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

She'll be fine no matter who holds the debate.  She's a trained litigator.

Trump just needs to not agree to the same rules as the debate he had with Biden.  His only good chance is to knock her off-balance throughout the debate with interruptions and whatnot.

Well I guess after that CNN debate holding them accountable to facts ain't a thing anymore so I guess you're right. 

Edited by 24K
  • chaos 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I honestly wonder if he even actually wants to win

You're on to something there.

If you rememeber the debate Trump said he was only running because Joe was incapable.

Cant see him folding but he did make that point. 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

I would wager he flees to Russia before the election if it look dire for him. 

If not immediately after if he loses. 

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Her name might dissapear- but this pic, will likely live forever:

OIP.jpg.e3058ea03f914d769d4b67ab3d5f87d9.jpg

• Cheers 2

Just now, 24K said:

Well Inguess after that CNN debate holding them accountable to facts ain't a thing anymore so I guess you're right. 

That debate didn't hold either of them to facts.  The networks won't make the same mistake twice.  That's why it would be unwise for Trump to agree to a strictly structured debate again.

Just now, 24K said:

I would wager he flees to Russia before the election if it look dire for him. 

If not immediately after if he loses. 

Might need the USAF to shoot his plane down if he tries.  It's time to revoke his passport to minimize the risk.

3 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Her name might dissapear- but this pic, will likely live forever:

OIP.jpg.e3058ea03f914d769d4b67ab3d5f87d9.jpg

Not just that, her make up style will too.

Have you seen the women at the RNC. They all have the same makeup style as Melania. Actually made all of them look worse than just simple makeup. 

Edited by 24K

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

You're on to something there.

If you rememeber the debate Trump said he was only running because Joe was incapable.

Cant see him folding but he did make that point. 

I don't think he'll fold, but I also don't think he actually wants the job.  He's a megalomanic, so he wants the adoration.  He's power hungry, so he wants the fealty.  And, he's a pure con man, so he wants their money.

• ThereItIs 1