US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

My money is on a divorce, either next year or 4-5 years from now depending on the election result.  That relationship has obviously become purely transactional.

He has a history of "trading in for a younger version" so that's a likely possibility.  Won't affect his base as it's a cult.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

To be fair, the Dems *did* manage to secure an agreement with the GOP in the Senate to enact some kind of legislation on that but the GOP in Congress voted it down.

....and Trump told the Repugs to reject the bill, because it would be a "win" for the Biden campaign.....basically proving that it has nothing to do with actual border security and everything to do with political gamesmanship....

1 hour ago, Sabrefan1 said:

The Right is still going to hit her with it.

Megyn Kelly is already stumping on the idea that she "slept her way to the top".

That's kind of ironic coming from Megyn....considering what we know about Roger Ailes' criteria for hiring female on-air personalities....

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

My wife never goes to a beauty salon. Never gets her nails done or anything. I cut her hair.

She wears very little make up. 

She is the most beautiful person in the world to me. 

Start a my spouse is better than your spouse thread because my wife is the most beautiful person in the world 😛 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Sapper said:

Biden did what Trump , truduea and PP don't have the balls to do

He stepped down from running as he faced the reality that his presence and a potential win would not help the USA and with other world leaders seeing his decline it could lessen the USA's global standing 

Trump if he had any morals or balls should have also bowed out. Let 2 younger candidates in Kamala and Vance run ..... Neither are so hated that they couldn't unit the country if they won

Same for Canada - Truduea is past his best before date and PP has farmed so much hate in Canada that we are at breaking point ( he and not truduea broke Canada )

Imagine if both PP and Trudeau agreed to step down and give each party 6 months to elect new leaders then go to the polls 

In world of far right extremests hate farming politicians ... Biden is the first to actually have the Balls to put his country before his wants 

I know this will be off topic.

But one HAS to wonder with 14 months or so before our next election.  If Harris starts polling better, starts mopping Trump up in debates etc or starts generating clear and vibrant support across the aisle if this will push the Libs to move Trudeau out.

The party HAS to be watching this very closely.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Ohh.  The gloves are off ,  and MAGA/ Rep’s

aren’t going to have time to answer too or create bullshit quick enough !  Lol

And the youth is realizing they can have a say !

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

He has a history of "trading in for a younger version" so that's a likely possibility.  Won't affect his base as it's a cult.

Not sure anyone is willing to do that though.

At this stage he is so fucking visible and toxic ANYONE entering in to that arrangement will be persona non grata immediately to the general public and he wont have the power clout or time left to improve their status enough to make it worth it.

Ohh.  The gloves are off ,  and MAGA/ Rep’s

aren’t going to have time to answer too or create bullshit quick enough !  Lol

And the youth is realizing they can have a say !

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

I know this will be off topic.

But one HAS to wonder with 14 months or so before our next election.  If Harris starts polling better, starts mopping Trump up in debates etc or starts generating clear and vibrant support across the aisle if this will push the Libs to move Trudeau out.

The party HAS to be watching this very closely.

It probably will. We have to live in the reality that incumbancy is not the advantage it once was. 

If anything it is a drag now.

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Not sure anyone is willing to do that though.

At this stage he is so fucking visible and toxic ANYONE entering in to that arrangement will be persona non grata immediately to the general public and he wont have the power clout or time left to improve their status enough to make it worth it.

I wouldn't worry about that. He won't have any issue finding a younger model in Russia. 

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Sorry, what's this?

Is he trying to get back in to the party?  I had heard he had debated entering a nomination race but if he's an independent he'd HAVE to get democratic party status.  Him and that gal Sinema caused the Dems NOTHING bu problems and are a major part of the reason that their current run in the senate has been stonewalled by the GOP after their vote currying for clout and favour

Both have be following the “Trend” of politics on both sides for their personal existence.

It’s time for personal records to matter in politics.      It should be easier to lose ,  than to “hold on to” a position.

MAGA / Republicans don’t have the IQ to stand up OR react to the Tsunami that’s coming …

.. and now Youth ,  realizing they have a voice and will be heard . .… that’s a massive Vote !

10 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Start a my spouse is better than your spouse thread because my wife is the most beautiful person in the world 😛 

😂 ...I did say 'to me'

Pretty sure I remember pics of your beautiful partner. You are also a lucky man.

2 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

USSS director hearings.  They're digging in on her.

She’s getting hammered. They asked her what happened to the head of the USSS when Reagan was shot. She said he continued his job. Stuart Knight actually resigned a few months after Reagan got shot. She doesn’t even know her history. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

She’s getting hammered. They asked her what happened to the head of the USSS when Reagan was shot. She said he continued his job. Stewart Knight actually resigned a few months after Reagan got shot. She doesn’t even know her history. 

I noticed that they started out with the "B" team questioning her.  The "A" team has been hitting her hard. 

5 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

MAGA / Republicans don’t have the IQ to stand up OR react to the Tsunami that’s coming …

.. and now Youth ,  realizing they have a voice and will be heard . .… that’s a massive Vote !

Oh what sweet poetic justice it would be to see an actual prosecutor beat a convicted felon and adjudicated r*pist. 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I noticed that they started out with the "B" team questioning her.  The "A" team has been hitting her hard. 

Considering all the conspiracy theories floating around out there (and in here, as well) I guess the question is, did she fuck up by allowing the shooting to happen, or by not making sure the target was eliminated? :classic_unsure:

One thing's for sure though.....James Comer and Gym Jordan will definitely get to the truth of it all......:classic_rolleyes:

• Haha 2

Just now, RupertKBD said:

Considering all the conspiracy theories floating around out there (and in here, as well) I guess the question is, did she fuck up by allowing the shooting to happen, or by not making sure the target was eliminated? :classic_unsure:

One thing's for sure though.....James Comer and Gym Jordan will definitely get to the truth of it all......:classic_rolleyes:

She screwed up bad but won't accept the consequences like her predecessors have done, such as Reagan's USSS director.  She didn't look good before today and it got a bit worse today.  Though most of the public won't be aware of today most likely.

Jordan though is another matter.  Thank God there's no sex crime component to this.  He wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

3 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

She screwed up bad but won't accept the consequences like her predecessors have done, such as Reagan's USSS director.  She didn't look good before today and it got a bit worse today.  Though most of the public won't be aware of today most likely.

Jordan though is another matter.  Thank God there's no sex crime component to this.  He wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Let's be real though, though he's a former vp, he was otherwise a private citizen holding a rally

Conclusion:  The VP's polling cannot escape that of the POTUS.  If the POTUS is polling well, then the VP's numbers will be good.  Thing is, there is no way she is more unpopular than Dick Cheney.  Especially 2nd term Dick.  He shot a guy and was seen as the puppet master behind an unpopular war.  

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/election/presidential-election/article277246198.html

Fact check: Is Kamala Harris the most unpopular vice president ever?