US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

37 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

He has a history of "trading in for a younger version" so that's a likely possibility.  Won't affect his base as it's a cult.

I thought the funniest and Trumpiest thing to come out of his election fraud trial was that when the Stormy Daniels thing came out and people were worried about Melania’s response, his was “It’s alright, how long do you think I would be on the market”.

Basically who cares I will find another vapid model who only sees money. 

Edited by DrJockitch

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Let's be real though, though he's a former vp, he was otherwise a private citizen holding a rally

And he was holding these rallies in outdoor locations because of his long track record of stiffing bills.  Had he not been a crook and actually paid bills, he probably holds the rally inside or at a better location.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Let's be real though, though he's a former vp, he was otherwise a private citizen holding a rally

That's a terrible take.  He's still a current presidential candidate and former president.  The USSS screwed up bad and she doesn't deny that.

5 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

He'll cave.  He was likely the impetus behind Biden finally accepting that he needed to drop out.

Obama ,  will be “fashionably late”..

it’s his style not to overreact,  but timely to “Trump” his card.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

And he was holding these rallies in outdoor locations because of his long track record of stiffing bills.  Had he not been a crook and actually paid bills, he probably holds the rally inside or at a better location.

Now that's a valid take, however that doesn't absolve the USSS of their failure.  It just would have saved his ear from a scar if he paid his bills.

Edited by Sabrefan1
moved comma to correct spot

Just now, SilentSam said:

Definitely a chicken shit move, but a smart chicken shit move.  He'll avoid a likely public spanking.   Harris needs to lean hard into that fact.  If it affects his numbers, he'll cave and have no choice but to debate her.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Conclusion:  The VP's polling cannot escape that of the POTUS.  If the POTUS is polling well, then the VP's numbers will be good.  Thing is, there is no way she is more unpopular than Dick Cheney.  Especially 2nd term Dick.  He shot a guy and was seen as the puppet master behind an unpopular war.  

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/election/presidential-election/article277246198.html

Fact check: Is Kamala Harris the most unpopular vice president ever?

I wouldn't hold much stock in polling right now. 

It will probably take a couple of weeks for polling and other predictors to uncompleted from Biden. 

Just now, Sabrefan1 said:

Now that's a valid take however, that doesn't absolve the USSS of their failure.  It just would have saved his ear from a scar if he paid his bills.

As a former POTUS he doesn't get unlimited USSS security details at the level the the POTUS gets.  Period.  That is kinda the point that @stawns was making.  That plus my point is a major contributing factor.  Once you throw in the mistakes by the local PD and the USSS, then you get what happened.  

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Definitely a chicken shit move, but a smart chicken shit move.  He'll avoid a likely public spanking.   Harris needs to lean hard into that fact.  If it affects his numbers, he'll cave and have no choice but to debate her.

Harris needs to use him backing out to make him look weak. Hit hard on that as looking strong is pretty much all he has.

11 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

He'll cave.  He was likely the impetus behind Biden finally accepting that he needed to drop out.

According to this article from Politico, it was two long time Biden aides that finally convinced his to drop out:

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/07/21/why-biden-dropped-out-00170106

Steve Ricchetti, who’s been with Biden since his days in the Senate, drove to see the president at his house on the Delaware shore on Friday. Mike Donilon arrived on Saturday. The two men, both of whom had been by Biden’s side during key decisions about whether to seek the presidency in 2016 and 2020, sat at a distance from the president, still testing positive for Covid, and presented damning new information in a meeting that would hasten the end of Biden’s political career.

In addition to presenting new concerns from lawmakers and updates on a fundraising operation that had slowed considerably, they carried the campaign’s own polls, which came back this week and showed his path to victory in November was gone, according to five people familiar with the matter, who, like others interviewed for this article, were granted anonymity to discuss private conversations.

Just now, the destroyer of worlds said:

As a former POTUS he doesn't get unlimited USSS security details at the level the the POTUS gets.  Period.  That is kinda the point that @stawns was making.  That plus my point is a major contributing factor.  Once you throw in the mistakes by the local PD and the USSS, then you get what happened. 

That wasn't his point. 

You guys keep arguing that the USSS wasn't responsible.  Yet even Biden's Secretary of Homeland Security said the USSS failed.  Even the Director says that they failed.  She has said it a few times even today.

6 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

According to this article from Politico, it was two long time Biden aides that finally convinced his to drop out:

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/07/21/why-biden-dropped-out-00170106

impetus means hurried up.  There was speculation that when it became public that Obama was against him, he got angry but then started asking his aides if they thought Harris could do the job.

Edited by Sabrefan1
typo
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

His only “voice” will be social media ,

and the odd Circus / campaign rally ..

May I suggest hacking his accounts,  and fire crackers for live events .

Perhaps his next appearance is at the 11th circuit ?  ..  might get a gift ?..

Handcuffs.

96B24F6C-C9D0-48CA-A5C5-9D1475C4AEB1.thumb.jpeg.014269d64259a13a670536587abcbcc7.jpeg

Edited by SilentSam
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

That wasn't his point. 

You guys keep arguing that the USSS wasn't responsible.  Yet even Biden's Secretary of Homeland Security said the USSS failed.  Even the Director says that they failed.  She has said it a few times even today.

I said:

"Once you throw in the mistakes by the local PD and the USSS"

So ya, I do give responsibility to the USSS.  They delegated the coverage of the building area.  They failed to react to the assassin.  I point out that there were contributing factors.  Not the least of which is venue choice.  

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

His only “voice” will be social media ,

and the odd Circus / campaign rally ..

May I suggest hacking his accounts,  and fire crackers for live events .

That's why I think it's silly that he isn't also using Twitter on a time delay on top of using Truth Social.  Truth Social is just a giant echo chamber.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

He's scared because he knows she's going to go hard into the fact he's plastered all over the epstein files. 

3 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

I said:

"Once you throw in the mistakes by the local PD and the USSS"

So ya, I do give responsibility to the USSS.  They delegated the coverage of the building area.  They failed to react to the assassin.  I point out that there were contributing factors.  Not the least of which is venue choice.  

The local PD in podunk, PA never should have been responsible for that building.  Placing them entirely inside the building was also a stupid move by the USSS.

I don't blame the local PD, and neither has much of anyone.  They were waaay out of their depth.

This is all USSS screw-ups.

1 minute ago, Pears said:

He's scared because he knows she's going to go hard into the fact he's plastered all over the epstein files. 

The Epstein files are verboten because both parties want that to go away asap.  Too many big names are involved to keep dredging that up.

He's scared because he can't debate from a position of strength, especially with someone with formal training like Harris has.

• Like 1

Just now, Sabrefan1 said:

The local PD in podunk, PA never should have been responsible for that building.  Placing them entirely inside the building was also a stupid move by the USSS.

I don't blame the local PD, and neither has much of anyone.  They were waaay out of their depth.

This is all USSS screw-ups.

Local PD supplement USSS security details all the time.  So them being delegated by USSS is totally standard and means that they have some responsibility.  

Also, TRUMP doesn't get unlimited resources.  So the USSS detail HAS TO supplement and delegate.

2 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

The Right is still going to hit her with it.

Megyn Kelly is already stumping on the idea that she "slept her way to the top".

Ah Megyn Kelly! Attractive blonde who rose to prominence with Fox News, surrounded by the likes of Roger Ailes and Bill O’Reilly.

What could she possibly know about sleeping your way to the top?

• Haha 2