US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

4 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

The Epstein files are verboten because both parties want that to go away asap.  Too many big names are involved to keep dredging that up.

He's scared because he can't debate from a position of strength, especially with someone with formal training like Harris has.

I do wonder what it's going to take for his idiot brainwashed base to realize how much of a piece of trash he is and that he couldn't give any less of a shit about them. 

Just now, the destroyer of worlds said:

Local PD supplement USSS security details all the time.  So them being delegated by USSS is totally standard and means that they have some responsibility. 

Since I know eff-all about security, I've been reading what the experts have been saying.  According to plenty, the PD never should have been used on that building.  They should have been used further out in the perimeter according to them.

Also, TRUMP doesn't get unlimited resources.  So the USSS detail HAS TO supplement and delegate.

According to the USSS, TRUMP was given enough agents to do the job properly.  Her words, not mine. 

It wasn't a staffing issue according to the USSS director. 

You keep bringing the staffing issue up.  Staffing wasn't a problem if you believe the USSS director.  Unless you think she's lying about that.

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

He was practically forced to withdraw from the race only a few months before the election, leaving the Dems in a really tough place. Not sure I would call that putting your country first.

4 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Ah Megyn Kelly! Attractive blonde who rose to prominence with Fox News, surrounded by the likes of Roger Ailes and Bill O’Reilly.

What could she possibly know about sleeping your way to the top?

At least you didn't bring up Roger Ailes like someone else!  😂

I did not need another mental picture of a wrinkly old man on top of her... 😂

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Conclusion:  The VP's polling cannot escape that of the POTUS.  If the POTUS is polling well, then the VP's numbers will be good.  Thing is, there is no way she is more unpopular than Dick Cheney.  Especially 2nd term Dick.  He shot a guy and was seen as the puppet master behind an unpopular war.  

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/election/presidential-election/article277246198.html

Fact check: Is Kamala Harris the most unpopular vice president ever?

Spiro Agnew says "hold my beer" 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pears said:

I do wonder what it's going to take for his idiot brainwashed base to realize how much of a piece of trash he is and that he couldn't give any less of a shit about them. 

They know, but don't care.  I remember when one of the news organizations had Trump voters in 2015-16 lined up in chairs and told them how some of his policies were going to hurt them.  They said that he must have a good reason for those policies. 

I was flabbergasted.  I could have caught many flies with how wide open my mouth was.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

He has a history of "trading in for a younger version" so that's a likely possibility.  Won't affect his base as it's a cult.

Trump is 78 years old, probably bald, wears lifts in his shoes, wears diapers, is clearly overweight, uses way too much makeup, lies virtually every time he opens his mouth, has a history of infidelity and is profoundly stupid about a whole lot of things. I really doubt there is a younger version of Melania who would want to be anywhere near him, and especially if he had no clothes on and has to pay up what he owes. No, if any woman wanted to go after Trump, it would likely be a Kari Lake or a Kelly-Anne Conway or MT Greene, or some other MAGA woman way past her best-before date.

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

That's a terrible take.  He's still a current presidential candidate and former president.  The USSS screwed up bad and she doesn't deny that.

He was not a presidential candidate at the point, he was the presumptive candidate......ie, a private citizen.

Former POTUS, absolutely 

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

They know, but don't care.  I remember when one of the news organizations had Trump voters in 2015-16 lined up in chairs and told them how some of his policies were going to hurt them.  They said that he must have a good reason for those policies. 

I was flabbergasted.  I could have caught many flies with how wide open my mouth was.

True. I don't understand it and never will. All I know is they run away with their tails tucked between their legs when facts are presented to them. 

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

That wasn't his point. 

You guys keep arguing that the USSS wasn't responsible.  Yet even Biden's Secretary of Homeland Security said the USSS failed.  Even the Director says that they failed.  She has said it a few times even today.

That was exactly my point actually

3 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

He was practically forced to withdraw from the race only a few months before the election, leaving the Dems in a really tough place. Not sure I would call that putting your country first.

Biden realized the State his country is tied to between the battle of 2 old men.

That ,  as he knows,  is not what would be right for his country .. 

and it’s wrong around the World.

Trump is about to get walloped..

He is the last OLD man standing in the bid for the presidency.

The Youth of Democracy in America will finally be heard if the Dems get in..

They will vote ,.  Watch the turnout in early poles and balloting .. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Pears said:

True. I don't understand it and never will. All I know is they run away with their tails tucked between their legs when facts are presented to them. 

I would have understood if they tucked tail and run.  Blind acceptance was just unbelievable to me at the time.  Then MAGA took shape over the next 4 years and then it made sense.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Then I misunderstood your post.  Apologies.  Then my response to that post is for you to.

No worries atoll!

I wanted to add as well, I do think the USSS is ultimately responsible because they're the umbrella agency that coordinated it all.  My original stance was that though everyone played their part, that zone was generally the responsibility of local law enforcement to cover.

Still, it's ultimately a USSS failure, I agree

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Biden realized the State his country is tied to between the battle of 2 old men.

That ,  as he knows,  is not what would be right for his country .. 

and it’s wrong around the World.

Trump is about to get walloped..

He is the last OLD man standing in the bid for the presidency.

The Youth of Democracy in America will finally be heard if the Dems get in..

They will vote ,.  Watch the turnout in early poles and balloting .. 

I desperately hope so.  As someone who has been working with young people for 30 years, this is the generation I have been most optimistic about

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Pears said:

It's going to take a full denazification process including education programs and putting the entire MAGA leadership group in prison.

2 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

'Blatant criminal forgery!' Maga conspiracists doubt Biden's signature on withdrawal

https://www.rawstory.com/joe-biden-signature/

Between things like this and the rumored legal challenges from entities like the RNC and Project 2025, you have to believe that MAGA world is worried....:classic_cool: