US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, stawns said:

No worries atoll!

I wanted to add as well, I do think the USSS is ultimately responsible because they're the umbrella agency that coordinated it all.  My original stance was that though everyone played their part, that zone was generally the responsibility of local law enforcement to cover.

Still, it's ultimately a USSS failure, I agree

The congressional representatives left no doubt of that today.  Cheatle got raked over the coals once the "A" team took over questioning.

• Cheers 2

23 minutes ago, Pears said:

I do wonder what it's going to take for his idiot brainwashed base to realize how much of a piece of trash he is and that he couldn't give any less of a shit about them. 

im going to go with "never". 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

It's going to take a full denazification process including education programs and putting the entire MAGA leadership group in prison.

I honestly don't know what the MAGA end game is..........mass emigration to Argentina?

19 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

He was practically forced to withdraw from the race only a few months before the election, leaving the Dems in a really tough place. Not sure I would call that putting your country first.

He did put his country first knowing he will lose to Trump that along with Project 2025 will severely hurt American democracy and not to mention his disastrous economic proposals. 

Biden could have easily been stubborn and stayed in the race as he has the delegates and they are legally obligated to vote for him as the nominee had he not dropped out and released them from their obligations. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Trump Wants to Take Kim Jong-Un to a Yankees Game to Get Him to ‘Relax’: ‘All He Wants to Do Is Buy Nuclear Weapons!’

https://www.mediaite.com/sports/trump-wants-to-take-kim-jong-un-to-a-yankees-game-to-get-him-to-relax-all-he-wants-to-do-is-buy-nuclear-weapons/

Fuck, that man is an idiot....:picard:

Hope hope the "4D Chess" crowd realize how stupid they look for buying into that theory.

BTW: Hair Gropenfuhrer might want to wait until the Yankees are visiting the Rays, before showing his ugly face at a Yankees game....

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

The congressional representatives left no doubt of that today.  Cheatle got raked over the coals once the "A" team took over questioning.

And well they should.  When you're at the top, you're the one that is ultimately responsible

• Cheers 1

I honestly don't know what the MAGA end game is..........mass emigration to Argentina?

I think El Savadore. Crypto bro, dictatorial arrest without legal process, and pretty much 0 regulations. Florida like climate and coast to boot. Sounds like a utopia for the MAGA types. 

1 minute ago, 24K said:

I think El Savadore. Crypto bro, dictatorial arrest without legal process, and pretty much 0 regulations. Florida like climate and coast to boot. Sounds like a utopia for the MAGA types. 

Or show them that life under Putin isn't super awesome

• Like 1

And well they should.  When you're at the top, you're the one that is ultimately responsible

That was a huge sticking point with them.  She claims that the buck stops with her but they had to subpoena her to show up and she refuses to do what her predecessors did in similar circumstances. 

I get that she doesn't want to hurt her future employment chances post-SS though.  If Harris wins, I'd be curious if she gets replaced by the new president.

• Cheers 1

All they do is talk about what the Dems Will, or What the Dems won’t do ..

No platform or plan to run a Country JD?

.. He is another one  just someone looking to exploit power for personal gain.

….  AND he has no experience in  ANYTHING 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Didn't he call HerrSh*tsHisPants a fraud not THAT long ago?🤣

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I know this will sound biased as I am obviously a leftie, but the right rarely has any real policy ideas and get by, almost exclusively, by feeding into angst.  That's their bread and butter.  And when theh do get power, they almost always cause a disaster which a centrist/leftist govt had to come in and spend most of their time cleaning up.  Then the right crows about how they can't get anything accomplished etc etc

Rinse and repeat

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I see many ppl criticizing the Democrats forcing Joe out & hand selecting the replacement

But in fairness, Joe did leave Democrat voters with both of his VPs to choose from

Explain?

12 minutes ago, stawns said:

I know this will sound biased as I am obviously a leftie, but the right rarely has any real policy ideas and get by, almost exclusively, by feeding into angst.  That's their bread and butter.  And when theh do get power, they almost always cause a disaster which a centrist/leftist govt had to come in and spend most of their time cleaning up.  Then the right crows about how they can't get anything accomplished etc etc

Rinse and repeat

Their policy is just tax cuts and whatever right wing social issue is in flavor at that time.  I guess anti immigration now. 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I see many ppl criticizing the Democrats forcing Joe out & hand selecting the replacement

But in fairness, Joe did leave Democrat voters with both of his VPs to choose from

I wouldn't say they hand picked his replacement as she isn't the nominee yet and it's been people endorsing her and bowing out of the race.......like a mini primary.  She will still have to win delegates and challenges can still plead their case at the DNC

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

I wouldn't say they hand picked his replacement as she isn't the nominee yet and it's been people endorsing her and bowing out of the race.......like a mini primary.  She will still have to win delegates and challenges can still plead their case at the DNC

I'd be surprised if there isn't a push within the party to replace her, as Kamala is a terrible candidate who got next to 0 support in the 2020 primary, but it might be too late to completely overhaul the campaign. Plus she could apparently hold on to the campaign money Biden has already raised which isn't insignificant.

Either way voters aren't likely having much influence, though to be fair they probably just happy Biden is out & don't care anyways.

28 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Conservatives with no plan and only lefty complaints?

Was this a NAFTA requirement or something?

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

I'd be surprised if there isn't a push within the party to replace her, as Kamala is a terrible candidate who got next to 0 support in the 2020 primary, but it might be too late to completely overhaul the campaign. Plus she could apparently hold on to the campaign money Biden has already raised which isn't insignificant.

Either way voters aren't likely having much influence, though to be fair they probably just happy Biden is out & don't care anyways.

I don't disagree she isn't going to be the nominee, she almost surely is.......and she should be.  She's very qualified, very experienced and very smart.

I wouldn't put much stock in her "likeability" polls, they don't mean squat

22 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

9edit:odd, that isn’t the post I was responding to but will just leave it)

Where they are running into issues is most of what they run on is meant to be that, what they run on. 
When people have to live under their policies they don’t like it. 
They were never supposed to ban abortion it is what they run on.  
‘Most of their positions are terrible policy but decent campaigning as they sound like there is some reasoning behind them in a 10s clip but they are non-sense in the bigger picture.

Trump didn’t have the brains to realize he was supposed to make gestures towards implementing policies and then blame the democrats for them not happening and now people are having to live under some of those long standing Republican election priorities and they don’t like it. 

Edited by DrJockitch