US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Listening to this oversight committee & boy Cheatle is not helping herself.

I didn't realize they had assigned 'temporary' agents on that day, nor that the shooter used a drone earlier in the day.

Again, he was a private citizen holding a rally.  Sure, he's a former POTUS, bit I'm not sure why people think he'd get top notch treatment at that point

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

Again, he was a private citizen holding a rally.  Sure, he's a former POTUS, bit I'm not sure why people think he'd get top notch treatment at that point

Because he's a former president, current presidential candidate, and likely one of the biggest targets for would-be assassins in US history.

People have only been predicting this for over 8 years now. 

Besides it's not even as if this is necessarily a situation that required a bunch more agents, just the basic protocol/common sense to be followed

Edited by Smashian Kassian

3 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Because he's a former president, current presidential candidate, and likely one of the biggest targets for would-be assassins in US history.

People have only been predicting this for over 8 years now. 

Besides it's not even as if this is necessarily a situation that required a bunch more agents, just the basic protocol/common sense to be followed

He wasn't a current candidate, he was a presumptive candidate at that point.  He's entitled to security as a former POTUS, but otherwise, he's still a private citizen until his official nomination I believe.  RFK jr did not get usss protection until Biden officially assigned it after the trump shooting.

Really starting to like Beshear for VP. 

Had a very good interview on msnbc.

Hard to see how he brings Kentucky with him but I guess Midwestern enough to help I guess. Definitely lock up that 1 Kentucky ec vote that could be pivotal. 

I've posted this before but it deserves a repeat as it shows how a right wing dictatorship willingly without military force gave up it's power for the sake of democracy (and fairly successfully):

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

According to reports it looks like there's a very good chance Biden is terminal or dying.   I'm supposed to believe his last action was a tweet to declare he's no longer running and to now donate to Kamala?  What a joke, but get behind Kamala to protect democracy?...

Has there been any sign of him being responsive?  Pretty convenient time for the Democrats to pull this off.

Edited by bolt
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bolt said:

According to reports it looks like there's a very good chance Biden is terminal or dying.   I'm supposed to believe his last action was a tweet to declare he's no longer running and to now donate to Kamala?  What a joke, but get behind Kamala to protect democracy?...

Has there been any sign of him being responsive?  Pretty convenient time for the Democrats to pull this off.

And which reports are those? Besides ones catering to the right. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, bolt said:

Pretty easy to bust that right wing conspiracy. 

Why would the democrats hide that. Heck you can't even hide that with the President being comatose. 

Utter nonsense. If true Dems are gonna run hard on it to get sympathy. It only benefit the Dems. 

Heck Biden speaking right now on the phone. 

Edited by 24K
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, bolt said:

That's a rumour started by LVMPD (though they never saw him, just cleared the way to the hospital) and furthered by Charlie Kirk.

It's a very shaky rumour unless proven otherwise.

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Kamala Harris Suffers Double Polling Blow Against Donald Trump

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/kamala-harris-suffers-double-polling-blow-against-donald-trump/ar-BB1qq2de?

It's polls taken in the last 3 days.  Glean from it what you will.

I won't take any poll seriously until 2 weeks later. 

Need time to settle down and decouple from Biden. 

3 minutes ago, Gurn said:

I would not be surprised if Joe did pass away in the next couple of weeks.

retirement is tough on some people, and great for many people.

Dude the guy still has a job. Maybe a few months into 2025 but not the next couple of weeks. 

Edited by 24K
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, 24K said:

I won't take any poll seriously until 2 weeks later. 

Need time to settle down and decouple from Biden. 

I'm more curious to see what the money that she's gathering now will do for her.  She's raking in donations from small donors and she'll take over $200-300 Million from Biden.

She's gonna go on an advertising blitz I'm sure.

• Vintage 1

I'm taken aback by the anointing of Harris without some sort of vote by the democrats to select a new presidential candidate.  Given today's level of skepticism towards institutions the Dems will fail to build trust with the voters if they Don't use a process.

4 minutes ago, 24K said:

Dude the guy still has a job. Maybe a few months into 2025 but not the next couple of weeks. 

Yeah, but I'd say a lot of the 'zest' for the gig, is now gone.

I'm hoping to be wrong, but...

2 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

Oh fucking piss off with your bullshit conspiracy theory, innuendo and outright lies. You've got NOTHING...absolutely bloody NOTHING to back this up, not a single fact and as such, your posting privileges should be curtailed.

The only time I see those posts, are when someone else quotes them. 🙂

2 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Yeah, but I'd say a lot of the 'zest' for the gig, is now gone.

I'm hoping to be wrong, but...

I don't think he is gonna go anywhere till he sees Trump lose at the very least. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

I'm taken aback by the anointing of Harris without some sort of vote by the democrats to select a new presidential candidate.  Given today's level of skepticism towards institutions the Dems will fail to build trust with the voters if they Don't use a process.

Most Democrats, but not yet all, are backing her.  I have no idea who would pop up at this point to credibly challenge her though.  All the name recognized people have fallen into line.

Some poor sacrificial lamb will pop up sooner or later, if for no other reason, than to avoid the appearance of an anointing.

29 minutes ago, bolt said:

If he's terminal, your calling this convenience is kind of ghoulish.

If he's terminal, it's gonna be really fucking hard for Trump and his lackies to walk back the shit they've said about him the last year or so and the Dems will make hay with it