US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Just now, Bob Long said:

If he manages to lose, he'll 100% try again to cause riots, get GOP states to refuse to certify, etc etc. We can all see it coming.

Maybe a few dummies suit up and try to cause violence, thats probably going to happen as well, but thats on them. 

The cult is real tho. I saw someone go off the rails about 2 weeks ago at an event when someone made a Trump joke. 

He will be thrown in the slammer before the election ,.  
if MAGA republicans don’t get trump to step down ,  they risk losing any say at all in US politics.

Trump should keep a briefcase close that has a D-Fib in it.

9 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I would think most Military leaders ,vets those active must be shaking their heads..

Real warriors , soldiers , troops do not want War,  they want to keep Peace .

They would defend against any incitement domestically.

trumps next move, would be to push people into power to take over command of the Millitary .     … that’s when the shooter does not miss.

Going to be tough for them to forget Tommy "I stick crayons in my ears" Tuberville holding up a ton of military promotions.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, kilgore said:

Trump is now demanding a refund!

Because they spent so much on attacking Joe and now he pulled a fast one on them!  Not fair! Whaaaaaaaa!  :classic_laugh:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/trump-demands-refund-on-funds-spent-campaigning-against-biden/ar-BB1qpJD9

Donald Trump has demanded compensation for funds spent campaigning against Joe Biden after the US president pulled out of the race for the White House.

Republicans should be “reimbursed for fraud”, Trump said, as the vice-president Kamala Harris emerged as the frontrunner to be the Democrat candidate.

Hey Donnie, maybe if you didn't spend all that money attacking one person and their mental decline, and instead spent it on attacking Democratic policies in general, you'd be in a better position.

.....except I guess, its tough to criticize one of the strongest economic growths ever, record job creation, the Inflation Reduction Act that helped US manufacturers, getting out of Afghanistan, first 100 day vaccine rollout, senior drug price reductions....etc

Whats your next move old man?

Unfortunately for the Repugs, this is what happens when you blow your wad on attacking the other guy, instead of coming up with valid reasons that people should choose you instead.

Bone Spurs spends a lot of time talking about how great everything will be once he's back in the OO, but he never actually explains what he's going to do to make that happen, other than dopey soundbites, like "Drill baby drill" and "mass deportations".....

• Cheers 3

7 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Bone Spurs spends a lot of time talking about how great everything will be once he's back in the OO, but he never actually explains what he's going to do to make that happen, other than dopey soundbites, like "Drill baby drill" and "mass deportations".....

Sounds strangely familiar in the Canadian context, something something axe something tax... 🤔

...and oddly enough, with no explanation as to what sort of concrete policy actions to be taken, or plans thereof.

26 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

he’s fine, at home working ,

it’s just grandfather time for Biden and he has excepted that,.  Don’t doubt he will used as a consultant for any President.

His career in politics domestically and globally might be the most outstanding in the entire world .

He has mentored and tutored many on both sides of the aisle on their approach to matters , and how other leaders and lawmakers should make positive changes.

"Joe I know your still on the reco.. the call"

Well, she slipped up there. Rumours of Joe being on his last legs may true.

4 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

"Joe I know your still on the reco.. the call"

Well, she slipped up there. Rumours of Joe being on his last legs may true.

‘I’m Not Going Anywhere’: Biden Calls In To Harris Campaign Rally and Vows To Help Defeat ‘Danger to the Country’ Donald Trump

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/im-not-going-anywhere-biden-calls-into-harris-campaign-rally-and-vows-to-help-defeat-danger-to-the-country-donald-trump/

The albatross that hung around Biden's neck until he tapped out is now owned 100% by Trump.

There is now only one old incompetent man in this race. If the Dems are smart and there is no guarantee of that they will beat him down with that label.

I thought I heard some of Biden's upper campaign management have been added by Harris. If so, that is the first massive blunder of her campaign.

Edited by nuckin_futz

In Private Speech, J.D. Vance Said the “Devil Is Real” and Praised Alex Jones as a Truth-Teller

Vance gave the speech to the secretive Teneo Network. The GOP vice presidential nominee has been a member of the Leonard Leo-backed group, which seeks to cultivate conservative influence in business and culture.

https://www.propublica.org/article/jd-vance-alex-jones-leonard-leo-teneo-maddow-video

9 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

The albatross that hung around Biden's neck until he tapped out is now owned 100% by Trump.

There is now only one old incompetent man in this race. If the Dems are smart and there is no guarantee of that they will beat him down with that label.

I thought I hear some of Biden's upper campaign management have been added by Harris. If so, that is the first massive blunder of her campaign.

I mean she kinda have to add them at this point for the transition and not ruffle feathers immediately.

Things may change real fast once she has the nomination locked down and official. 

Edited by 24K

49 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

nobody hid anything ,  everybody has watched him age for the last 1-2 years..

including yourself .

or have  you only just realized it because it’s a MAGA talking point.

Biden will finish his term,  he’s presently at home with Covid but still working.

Nothing has changed , except he’s decided not to run for another term.

Uhhh this is completely not true. Yes some of us could see that he was in decline for a few years now, but there was absolutely an effort to not just deny it but also attack the idea as pure lunacy.

This was just a matter of months ago:

This was less than a year ago:

Alot has changed. The debate & subsequent performances demonstrated to the public he could no longer communicate clearly, which tanked any possibility of him winning.

If the Dem establishment could've dragged his corpse across the finish line, they would've done so and avoided this mess of having to force him out + replace him this close to the election. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Uhhh this is completely not true. Yes some of us could see that he was in decline for a few years now, but there was absolutely an effort to not just deny it but also attack the idea as pure lunacy.

This was just a matter of months ago:

This was less than a year ago:

Alot has changed. The debate & subsequent performances demonstrated to the public he could no longer communicate clearly, which tanked any possibility of him winning.

If the Dem establishment could've dragged his corpse across the finish line, they would've done so and avoided this mess of having to force him out + replace him this close to the election. 

If you are being honest, trump has also declined.

10 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

‘I’m Not Going Anywhere’: Biden Calls In To Harris Campaign Rally and Vows To Help Defeat ‘Danger to the Country’ Donald Trump

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/im-not-going-anywhere-bide

Lots of rumours/speculation going around right now, Biden releasing a statement rather than making a video/a news conference didn't help. 

Personally I don't believe he's dead or anything, but I'm very interested to see Biden's next appearance & if he's still fine. 

57 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

Thanks for the insight.  It will be interesting to see if the convention is a meaningful competition and who the contenders will be.

There are no contenders left. Everyone that could already endorsed Harris. 

Like I said, no one has the time to put together a campaign at this point or have the money to do so. 

Besides this is the 2nd in command taking over and not like air dropping Hillary into it. 

6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

If you are being honest, trump has also declined.

Non-sequitur, but yes I agree.

When you watch videos of him in 2015-16 where he was comedically wrecking his opposition from the RNC primary thru to the presidency he's clearly not as sharp. He's not near Biden's level yet though. 

Edited by Smashian Kassian

5 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Lots of rumours/speculation going around right now, Biden releasing a statement rather than making a video/a news conference didn't help. 

Personally I don't believe he's dead or anything, but I'm very interested to see Biden's next appearance & if he's still fine. 

Dude the guy have covid and isolating. Why is it that hard to accept. 

Edited by 24K
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

This is inciting a revolution, 

how hard is it not to hear this coward speak?

at least Subpoena this traitor of   US !

How is this anything other than domestic terrorism?

3 minutes ago, 24K said:

Dude the guy have covid and isolating. Why is it that hard to accept. 

Nothing is hard to accept?? I literally said I don't think some of the rumors of him being dead or whatever are true.

It'll still be interesting to see him & the address he gives next time he's available, given you know, he just relinguished the nomination.

And also wasn't he already out in public after that diagnosis?