US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

9 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Do you underline your name, even on a bad day?  That’s what stuck out the most to me. 

On an official statement document like that, it's very common

• ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Do you underline your name, even on a bad day?  That’s what stuck out the most to me. 

If it was my last day as President I would,.

Or signing a statement of that magnitude in my life.

It really is thought going into the subject he has written.

It’s an affirmative line on his decision to step down from running for the POTUS ..  

just my thoughts 

• Cheers 1

Major plot twist. I indicated in February they would switch Biden with Michelle Obama. 

However, I heard a new one today. Kamala Harris will pick Barack Obama to be her VP. Yes, apparently he can be a VP. And apparently he can even take over as President if Kamala can’t fulfill her duties. He just can’t be elected to a 3rd term. 

Hmmmm…

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Major plot twist. I indicated in February they would switch Biden with Michelle Obama. 

However, I heard a new one today. Kamala Harris will pick Barack Obama to be her VP. Yes, apparently he can be a VP. And apparently he can even take over as President if Kamala can’t fulfill her duties. He just can’t be elected to a 3rd term. 

Hmmmm…

Michelle Obama has stated as nauseum that she has no desire to get into politics

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

On an official statement document like that, it's very common

Do you have some examples of people underlining their name within their signature?  Also, where is the Presidential seal on this “official document”?  Even his doctor used a letterhead with a Presidential seal on it. 

That letter could have been done at Staples…

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

The Spin-O-Rama !!!

He’s got nothing!

No platform.        No Brains .

He really is Putins Starfish !

Notice everything he says the other party would do, is stuff he wants to do?

• ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Do you have some examples of people underlining their name within their signature?  Also, where is the Presidential seal on this “official document”?  Even his doctor used a letterhead with a Presidential seal on it. 

That letter could have been done at Staples…

It's used as a way to emphasize stature and indicate formality.  It's also probably indicative of an older generation where cursive was the script of the well educated.

Most notably, the Queen famously underlined her signature

Edited by stawns

8 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Notice everything he says the other party would do, is stuff he wants to do?

exactly,   It’s all him and his entourage have ever done ,.   GREIVANCE , Complain, Conspire , make up …

I’ve have not heard of one bill, proposal , or plan ,  I have neither seen one in writing.

It’s all a big fucking joke that’s disrupted Democracy in the USA .…. It’s Putin doing what he’s been doing to the Democracies Globally.

Putin has been doing this since the 90’s , and with the invention of the www. / internet/ social media ,  he destabilizes the World .

This Planet has lost 30 years to that RuZ bastard in forward thinking For Mankind.

I have no tolerance for these manipulators, terrorists, and murders…

all of us should not .

It is Sinister .

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, flat land fish said:

That's like getting in a car with a drunk driver because I'd have to wait an hour for a cab.  

Yeah but it is like waiting for an hour where your wedding start in 30 min. 

Edited by 24K

8 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Deciding not to run as President, is not a decision of the Presidency, but rather of Joe Biden.

Not sure why a presidential seal would be necessary.

also not sure why I bothered responding, as in 3-4 hours-at most, there will be yet another bit of irrelevance being brought up.

They should probably focus more on the laundry list of crazy coming out of the Republicans and Trump. 

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Oooooo. A Body slam from the top rope !

about time Dems attacked with the truth instead of sitting on the fence .

I am not sure why Harris didn't request to vet Beshear. He is like the perfect running mate for her. 

Straight white male as you can get from the Midwest that had success in a red state. Most popular gonvernor in the country and the looks doesn't hurt either. 

Clearly articulate to boot.

Edited by 24K
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Curmudgeon said:

You can have charisma; I'll take competence.

Too bad your typical voter takes charisma over competent all day every day and a little extra on the side just in case. 

How else did Trump win in 2016 and winning atm. Trump ozzes charisma that the right loves for whatever reason. 

8 minutes ago, 24K said:

I am not sure why Harris didn't request to vet Beshear. He is like the perfect running mate for her. 

Straight white male as you can get from the Midwest that hadssuccess in a red state. Most popular gonvernor in the country and the looks doesn't hurt either. 

Clearly articulate to boot.

Perhaps he didn't want to give up his governorship or maybe the party feels he's more influential in his position than he would be as vp.  A Dem gov in a deeply red state is a pretty powerful gig

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Gurn said:

I'd like to have seen Katie Porter get an honourable mention, though I admit she is still a bit light on experience.

Maybe next time.

Of this list- I'd lean to Gretchen Whitmer- after the grief she went through, she would be very, very, highly motivated to keep Drumpf out of office.

Whitmer took herself out so no go there. 

Shapiro is the obvious choice for Pennsylvania but that might be sacrificing Michigan in the process with his gaza talk and how he dealt with the student protestors. 

I personally love Pritzker out of the list but Illinois is solid blue. 

Guess I'll have to settle for Tim Wolz from that list. God that guy is 60 and only a year older than Harris? He looks like a decade older. 😳 

• Cheers 1

Just now, stawns said:

Perhaps he didn't want to give up his governorship or maybe the party feels he's more influential in his position than he would be as vp.  A Dem gov in a deeply red state is a pretty powerful gig

He definitely welcomes it from that interview. If anything it might he the latter. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, DSVII said:

My money is on Kelly. Veteran. Astronaut. Battle ground state. But Shapiro and Whitmer aren't bad either. Nice field to chose from.

Problem for Kelly is he is from the senate. Dem are already in tough this cycle to retain the senate so not sure taking him out is gonna help that cause. 

Not to mention he is probably the most conservative out of all of them so I guess millage varies there. 

Edited by 24K
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Where is Joe?

Delaware where he is isolating with coivd. Returning to white house tomorrow.

Why isn’t the Presidential seal on his letterhead?

This isn't Presidential business. SCOTUS has made very clear that the presidency and campaign related endeavors must be separate. 

It is inappropriate if not illegal to use the presidential seal for announcements regarding a political campaign. 

Who forged Joe’s signature?  

No one. People already explained the underlining.

When was the last time a President made such an important decision using Twitter?  

Again the guy has covid and is isolating. He can't bring a production team in and expose them to covid.

So many questions, so little answers. It’s almost like everyone forgot about Joe. Like he doesn’t even exist anymore. Just moving on to the next candidate. No big deal. 

More like so many conspiracy theories and so little logical explanations you want to listen to. 

Besides, Joe called in to Harris conference with the camapign team today and make a short speech. So not exactly nowhere to be found.  

The voters voted for Joe not Kamala. Interesting that the Democratic “elites” put their own person to be the nominee, superceding the will of the people. Truly some shady stuff going on.

I can guarantee you that Harris is not the elites pick. She is the worst alternative to run against Trump. They didn't have a choice given the timeline and the fact only she can inherit Biden's campaign and, most importantly, money. 

Also, the delegates are loyal to Biden, and where he tells them to go, they go. 

Edited by 24K
  • Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, 24K said:

Problem for Kelly is he is from the senate. Dem are already in tough this cycle to retain the senate so not sure taking him out is gonna help that cause. 

Not to mention he is probably the most conservative out of all of them so I guess millage varies there. 

Doesn't the governor just pick a replacement for him?

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Doesn't the governor just pick a replacement for him?

I guess but said person need to run again in the midterms which given a Harris win would mean a red wave year. 

Good thing the governor is Dem or else a GOP governor is gonna pick the worst Dem imaginable in this case. 

• ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

The Spin-O-Rama !!!

He’s got nothing!

No platform.        No Brains .

He really is Putins Starfish !

This is Projection to the next level

John Oliver from Sundays show- that was taped on Saturday- so is a bit out of the loop; however his main story is the bullshit "Migrant Crime Wave'

The thing I love about his show is they fact check the stuff John says

• Haha 1