US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

What's scary is in the 1959 Richard Condon wrote "The Manchurian Candidate". Basically using right wing slogans, the Communists planned using hypnotized US Soldiers and corrupt officials that were actually to take over the US for the Communists to take over.

Now 75 years later Russia has helped corrupt the US, UK, and other nations even worse than Condon could ever have dreamed.

I came across this book in the politics section of my favourite second hand book shop.

Rigged 

America Russia and Over One Hundred Years of Covert Electoral Interference

Written by David Shimer 

This article gives a good overview of the book. 

https://news.yale.edu/2020/08/20/rigged-details-long-history-russian-and-us-electoral-interference

As you will note Russian electoral interference began when Lenin set up Comintern over 100 years ago. 

Highly recommend this book for anyone that is interested in Geopolitics.

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Gurn said:

counter point- Barack would not be serving a 3rd term, but rather the remainder of Kamala's term.

1- not his term

2 only part of a term.

But the concern about the Supremes is warranted. Maybe Joe appoints 5 more judges to the Supreme court- iirc there is no actual limit on how many Supremes there can be.

EP is reading right wing conspiracy sites.  Nuff said.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Trump is now calling himself  on Lie Social a brilliant young man with great "pole" numbers.  A smart black woman has sent him even more down the rabbit hole.

Because all he had was pushing that Biden was too old. Now he's the old git.

So where's the media jumping all over this?

5 hours ago, Ilunga said:

I came across this book in the politics section of my favourite second hand book shop.

Rigged 

Written by David Shimer 

https://news.yale.edu/2020/08/20/rigged-details-long-history-russian-and-us-electoral-interference

As you will note Russian electoral interference began when Lenin set up Comintern over 100 years ago. 

llunga ,  please, and if your good with it,  I’d like to carry your quote into the RuZ / UKR thread ,.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I think you nailed it Stawnzy ,.

Why give up or mess with a good base for the Dems ,   Also where your excelling as a Governor cutting your teeth.

This entire move (Joe stepping aside) ,  has actually happened because of what was perceived to be a weakness that “Clown Party” was trying to exploit ,.

has blown up in their faces.

Anyone know how much they’ve spent attacking Biden/ Bidens to date ?

classic tv television GIF by TV Land Classic

Dems were always going to pull this at the 11th hour. It's more like the 10th hour but still, the repubs have focused their time, energy and resources attacking Joe Biden. All of that is now moot. Though I didn't have an understanding of the funding angle so I actually didn't think Kamala would be the dem nominee.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, SilentSam said:

This is what I mean when the Dems are capturing the Youth of American votes..

it bigger than what I initially thought , and I didn’t think about the age and demographic that has “passed” .. literally.

This is something I've been preaching to young kids (including my pissed off daughter) for about 5 years now, at least.......be patient, the world is about to start going through a change unlike anything we've seen seen since the 1960's.  The largest, most influential generation in human history is about to disappear........gen Z is going to change the world

Edited by stawns
  • Vintage 4

4 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Dems were always going to pull this at the 11th hour. It's more like the 10th hour but still, the repubs have focused their time, energy and resources attacking Joe Biden. All of that is now moot. Though I didn't have an understanding of the funding angle so I actually didn't think Kamala would be the dem nominee.

I actually think the old bait and switch might have been planned all along

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

that’s an incredible amount of money invested in such a short period of time .

of the last total I heard 88mil of 250mil within 72 hrs was from private citizens.

that category (88m) is small amounts per head ,. Hard to understand the average donation ,  but even at $200. per person..

Wow!

5 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Rigged 

Written by David Shimer 

Do you follow Peter Zeihan?

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Trump is now calling himself  on Lie Social a brilliant young man with great "pole" numbers.  A smart black woman has sent him even more down the rabbit hole.

Ya this is quite funny to watch. Trump must be in a real knot over what he wants to say vs what he can say. If he does his usual attack on women of colour he will lose a lot of support.

6 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Rigged 

Written by David Shimer 

I remember reading a while back too that the Comintern had links with and funded the Communist Party of USA (CPUSA) who had influence over several US Unions. And back when Hitler and Stalin were buddies after carving up Poland, the CPUSA were pulling strings to organize labor strikes in critical war industries so the US couldn't arm Britain as effectively when they were alone against Germany.

Then the Invasion of the USSR happened and suddenly the orders from Moscow were to stop striking and start building Ford Trucks for the war effort. (Gross simplification)

But imagine telling the MAGA far right wing nut that they have something in common with the far left activist unions of the 1940s. 

Edited by DSVII
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

10 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Ya this is quite funny to watch. Trump must be in a real knot over what he wants to say vs what he can say. If he does his usual attack on women of colour he will lose a lot of support.

Misogyny is already out of the gate

"DEI hire"

• Cheers 1

I'm hoping this article is poorly written, otherwise it seem an Arizona politician can actually kill  deliberately someone, and not be charged, until after the legislative session is over.

would give plenty of time to flee to a non extradition country.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/political-persecution-az-republican-makes-excuses-following-criminal-speeding-ticket/ar-BB1qqziF?ocid=00000000&pc=U531&cvid=ada83f835a52417f86bb148f6939ad96&ei=6

"

Arizona State Senator Justine Wadsack, a Republican from the Tucson area, is claiming "political persecution" over a criminal speeding ticket she received in March, according to the Tucson Sentinel.

On the evening of March 15, Tucson police officer Ryder Schrage clocked Wadsack driving her Tesla Model S at 71 mph in a 35 mph zone on Speedway Boulevard. When pulled over, Wadsack identified herself as a senator and told the officer she was "racing home" because her car's battery was low. The officer did not issue a citation at the time due to Wadsack's claim of legislative immunity, which protects lawmakers from arrest or legal action while the legislature is in session.

This immunity is intended to prevent authorities from interfering with a lawmaker's ability to vote and participate in debates. However, charges can be filed once the legislative session ends.

After the session adjourned on June 15, police attempted to have Wadsack sign the criminal speeding citation, but she refused and accused the department of "political persecution."

Exceeding the speed limit by more than 20 mph in Arizona is a class 3 misdemeanor, punishable by up to 30 days in jail, probation, a fine and points on the driver's license.

Wadsack's claim of "racing home" because of a low battery does not hold up, according to a former Tesla engineer, who stated that speeding is inefficient and drains the battery faster due to increased wind resistance.

Tucson city officials have pushed back on Wadsack's "political persecution" claim, stating that prosecution for dangerous driving is not persecution. The police department has prioritized addressing traffic safety and dangerous driving behavior regardless of the driver's status.

The Tucson Police Department has filed a summons in Tucson City Court for the criminal speeding citation against Wadsack, and she is expected to be served within a week. In addition to the speeding charge, she faces a civil traffic violation for not providing proof of insurance during the traffic stop.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

I see your point, but if those voters are turned off Harris, do you really think they're going to run towards Trump? Trump has been a vocal supporter of Netanyahu, while the Biden administration (including the VP) has tried to make him accountable for ending the conflict in Gaza. I could be wrong, but I don't see Biden or Harris conducting a love-in with Netanyahu. 

They are not gonna run to Trump, they are just not gonna vote. 

Without the youth turnout, Dem have zero chance of beating Trump.

Not trying to cross thread ..

and this might go against the grain of some..

but I hold more hope that change will come for those in Russia who are powerless and worthless to a murderous, Terroristic , Dictator who inflicts his sinister ways on the World every day.

Those here in CDC who have known me long enough in this dimension realize I dislike BS , and Will give back harshly to bully and harassment to those who come into these forums exactly what they give.

But I am dearly Empathetic..

I do care about Humanity,

Human Kindness,

and a hope one day, we ALL share the same values and respect for each other.

Realizing yesterday that we may be witnessing the rise of something special in US politics ,  I smiled and laughed knowing that the Bully’s realized their time has come to go back to their holes and die infamously.

I don’t doubt that others here ,.  .. and around the World , we’re feeling the same way.

Trump be gone ,  and his existential threat to Democracy on this continent.

I’m hopeful a day will come,

That as a generational League of Democratic Nations,

We can rid of Putin and his War of Global disruption.
Perhaps humanitarinly, we can install some hope into that Dark part of the World .

“cut the head off the snake and the body dies”.      One shot ,  Ten shooters.

• Like 1