US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

41 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

If he screws something up or continues to peeve off the Democratic base with his handling of Gaza, that could hurt Harris.

21 minutes ago, 24K said:

Gaza is like the #1 issue for many young voters outside of abortion.

Not saying they want the perfect person. That would mean recognizing Palestine and cut Israel cold turkey. 

All Kamala have to do is not actively anger them. Just stay quiet at the very least. 

personally, I think the Youth of America realizes they need to focus on their own country first ,.   And do not forget that the Black Communities of America realize that more than any .

When the alternative is MAGA, you have to put YOUR Country first, before any other.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

personally, I think the Youth of America realizes they need to focus on their own country first ,.   And do not forget that the Black Communities of America realize that more than any .

When the alternative is MAGA, you have to put YOUR Country first, before any other.

Yes but my point is she needs to avoid at all cost giving them a reason not to vote for her and the Israel-Gaza issue is the easiest for her to f up just because it is filled with landmines figuratively.

Edited by 24K

44 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I would do a clean sweep if I were now in charge.  Dust for prints, if you were there and you had any kind of supervisory role, you are looking for a new job. 

I'd like to think that due process still has a place in this world. 

Sure, investigate them all to find out who knew what, saw what, heard what, did (or in this case, didn't do) what... but the only heads that should roll are those who were negligent or culpable, others who were there but wouldn't have been able to act anyways (because of upstream negligence) shouldn't have to lose their jobs because some schmoe who had eyes on the target didn't alert them to lead the action.

Conservatives should go back to the days of yore when they actually chose a half decent candidate like Ronald Reagan. That's how long it's been.

My Dad told me that.

Trump shouldn't even be aloud on any podium where he can be heard. Tanning salons like his business though...🤒

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

If this doesn't highlight just how screwed up mentally the US is I don't know what does.

Let's simplify this

Man wants to sue the sitting president because he bought an insane amount of garbage meant to literally insult and degrade him after years of saying he was unfit for office and wasnt the legal us president because he stepped down from the electoral race.

Like...do they not see how stupid they are at all?  Yes I know the answer but wtf

I don't think that is real. That template is really suspect as it is used a lot for parodies. 

Just now, 24K said:

Ronald Reagan? You do realize 90% ofnthe problem US face today is because of him. 

Every time something damaging happen in the US, you can usually trace the genesis to Reagan. 

“Raygun” wanted the best for the people. And he liked chimps. 

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I dunno.....I think she was always going to walk the plank....

When you let Waldo's evil twin take potshots from a rooftop at a political rally, heads are always going to roll. The Congressional grilling was just political theater, so scumbags like Jordan and Mace can express their "outrage" and suck up to their Dear Leader....

We'll never know for sure now unless she does an interview on 60 Minutes or something.

27 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

As long as they show up to the polls, they'll make a difference.  If they get offended at something/anything and decide to sit at home, they'll be pointless in this election.

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I'd like to think that due process still has a place in this world. 

Sure, investigate them all to find out who knew what, saw what, heard what, did (or in this case, didn't do) what... but the only heads that should roll are those who were negligent or culpable, others who were there but wouldn't have been able to act anyways (because of upstream negligence) shouldn't have to lose their jobs because some schmoe who had eyes on the target didn't alert them to lead the action.

When it comes to a total systemic breakdown, a clean sweep of those in charge is best as far as I'm concerned.  This stain will follow some of them so they'll likely leave the USSS on their own when/if they are sidelined.

6 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

As long as they show up to the polls, they'll make a difference.  If they get offended at something/anything and decide to sit at home, they'll be pointless in this election.

I think the existential threat to any voting is MAGA inspired poll blockades ..  

I would not put it past them to start calling for observers to “activate”  and  “stand by” !

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

39 minutes ago, 24K said:

Yes but my point is she needs to avoid at all cost giving them a reason not to vote for her and the Israel-Gaza issue is the easiest for her to f up just because it is filled with landmines figuratively.

Joessef Goebbels , beginning his spin .. 

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

People liked “Raygun”. 
image.jpeg.f8da611e73600bd8d0f179ebdfcead3a.jpeg

That still doesn't excuse the destruction he did to humanity.  Reagan was pure evil and the world is a better place with that piece of shit dead.

• Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I think the existential threat to any voting is MAGA inspired poll blockades ..  

I would not put it past them to start calling for observers to “activate”  and  “stand by” !

You just know that this is absolutely going to happen.

Yet, in Georgia, if you try and give a bottle of water to someone who's been standing in a voting line for 3 hours, they'll arrest you....:classic_dry:

• ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

You just know that this is absolutely going to happen.

Yet, in Georgia, if you try and give a bottle of water to someone who's been standing in a voting line for 3 hours, they'll arrest you....:classic_dry:

its already happening Rupert ,.

• Vintage 3