US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

24 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I think the existential threat to any voting is MAGA inspired poll blockades ..  

I would not put it past them to start calling for observers to “activate”  and  “stand by” !

Lara Trump already tipped their hand on that strategy

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Biden is addressing the nation from the Oval Office tomorrow.  

Impressive that the Dems were able to find a body double so quickly....

Unless, they're going to use animatronics.....I mean....who'd know the difference?

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

its already happening Rupert ,.

Not sure how many saw it, but Larry David riffed on the GA law in one of the final episodes of CYE.....

He ended up getting arrested for the water bottle and word was, the Georgia officials who came up with the law were not impressed with being mocked on a highly rated Sitcom.....

51 minutes ago, stawns said:

Reagan set the US, the world, on the course it's on and screwed over anyone who isn't rich.  He was a disaster 

I love seeing all these quotes that reflect what I thought of Reagan as the republicans have deified him and he was probably the second worst President they ever had.  He destroyed the American economy and put them on the austerity path they have been on for decades.  Corrupt, racist and unqualified, though imminently more qualified and capable than Trump. 

Trump n Vance are going to collapse before November..

it’s ALL dissipating hot air,

No substance .      Paper Baggifists.

Not even a peanut under a cup.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

Biden gave a lifeline to the Dem and Trump give the best gift the Dem could ever hope for with a Vance VP pick. 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, 24K said:

Good. That only helps Kamala.

watch her show up fashionably late ..

Johnson : “your late , this is important.”

Harris :  “so was the meeting I just had about you” .

lol 😉

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Is this guy the male version of the Alaskan dingbat? 

• ThereItIs 2

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

Is this guy the male version of the Alaskan dingbat? 

smaller wingspan,.  
 shorter flight time,.  

easy prey.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, 24K said:

Biden gave a lifeline to the Dem and Trump give the best gift the Dem could ever hope for with a Vance VP pick. 

I was reading somewhere today that Trump thought he was going to win in a landslide and decided on Vance to "rub it in". He figured it would turn an easy Ohio victory into an absolute rout and that it would be hugely popular with the MAGA base.

Basically, a wasted opportunity. He had Byron Donalds (among others) who would have been far better choices strategically....

"4D chess".....:classic_rolleyes:

• Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Wait, is that recent footage?

Where did the blood come from?

i think this is going to get deeply investigated,  

my thoughts last week were , how could a young republican ever come to do that?

it’s really Fkn strange .

autopsies and forensics need to establish the shooter..    

people are asking questions as to the depth of Trumps despair, and what might he be capable of .

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I was reading somewhere today that Trump thought he was going to win in a landslide and decided on Vance to "rub it in". He figured it would turn an easy Ohio victory into an absolute rout and that it would be hugely popular with the MAGA base.

Basically, a wasted opportunity. He had Byron Donalds (among others) who would have been far better choices strategically....

Trump would never put anyone smarter in front of him ..

that’s the problem,   Every one is smarter than him.     He’s just a Monster Mobster 

Reuter/Ipso Poll: Harris 44% Trump 42% among registered voters

• Within 3% margin of error

A Reuter/Ipsos poll (get used to them), has Harris leading Trump in a two way race 44% to 42%:

• Democratic presidential candidate Kamala Harris leads Republican Donald Trump 44% to 42% among registered voters, within 3-point margin of error, Reuters/Ipsos poll finds.
  • 56% of registered voters in Reuters/Ipsos poll consider Harris 'mentally sharp'; Trump seen as sharp by 49% of voters.
  • In a three-way matchup including Independent Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Harris leads Trump 42% to 38%; Kennedy supported by 8% - Reuters/Ipsos poll.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Apparently Jr pushed hard for his buddy Vance. I can't see what he brings to the ticket to be honest. Ohio is in the bag for them. He really should have gone with someone to balance the ticket like Pence did, perhaps a Doug Burgum. The ticket definitely didn't need someone to play the role of 'attack dog' as that's Trump's shtick and he does it well.

Vance is a boring tool. He's basically a flip flopping, lying version of Tim Kaine who was about as exciting as a glass of milk. The tweet is correct, they have a Palin problem they just haven't realized it yet.

Even the people behind him are already bored to death of him.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

She’s a beauty.. from a few years ago.

I especially enjoyed watching Cory Booker trying to keep from smirking, or even laughing at the ass-whooping Barr was taking.....:classic_laugh:

• Cheers 1

Fox resorting to the 'greatest hits' to console themselves.

GOP Nominee Trump: I will go ahead and debate Harris. Happy to do more.

• GOP nominee Trump changes tune, now willing to face off against Harris in debate. Willing to do more debates in the future.

Former Pres. Trump and GOP nominee Trump initially said he would not debate Harris but has changed his mind. Says that he will be happy to do more.

• Like 1