US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Here is a sickening fact: 722 people in America were shot by police already this year. The overwhelming majority of them were not white.

https://www.aljazeera.com/program/newsfeed/2024/7/23/video-shows-us-shooting-of-black-woman-by-police-she-called

This woman was gunned down in cold blood by a cop who was being meanspirited to her and she said "i rebuke you in the name of jesus christ", causing him to boil and shoot her multiple times. 

• Sad 5

5 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Fox resorting to the 'greatest hits' to console themselves.

GOP Nominee Trump: I will go ahead and debate Harris. Happy to do more.

• GOP nominee Trump changes tune, now willing to face off against Harris in debate. Willing to do more debates in the future.

Former Pres. Trump and GOP nominee Trump initially said he would not debate Harris but has changed his mind. Says that he will be happy to do more.

Trump campaign is doing a Biden. 🤣

Lol about time we heard from old reliable from the GOP. Caravan time baby. 

Edited by 24K

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

I was reading somewhere today that Trump thought he was going to win in a landslide and decided on Vance to "rub it in". He figured it would turn an easy Ohio victory into an absolute rout and that it would be hugely popular with the MAGA base.

Basically, a wasted opportunity. He had Byron Donalds (among others) who would have been far better choices strategically....

"4D chess".....:classic_rolleyes:

And Vance is not even liked by his base given his Indian wife. 

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

i think this is going to get deeply investigated,  

my thoughts last week were , how could a young republican ever come to do that?

it’s really Fkn strange .

autopsies and forensics need to establish the shooter..    

people are asking questions as to the depth of Trumps despair, and what might he be capable of .

As I said before, I do t think it was politically motivated......just another lonely incel wanting posthumous fame and suicide by cop

• ThereItIs 1

So this is good, I was hoping she'd be focusing on these kinds of real issues. This plus beating the drum of "prosecutor vs felon" is a good tack.

“Building up the middle class will be a defining goal of my presidency,” she said as she highlighted certain issues.

Here’s what they are:

1. Workers’ freedom to join a union
  2. Affordable health care
  3. Affordable child care
  4. Paid family leave
  5. Retirement with dignity
  6. Every American’s right to vote
  7. Safety from gun violence: red flag laws, universal background checks and assault weapons bans
  8. Restore reproductive freedom

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/kamala-harris-biden-trump-election-07-23-24/index.html

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

Impressive that the Dems were able to find a body double so quickly....

Unless, they're going to use animatronics.....I mean....who'd know the difference?

😂🤣

-----

I wanted to use the Weekend at Bernies picture, but that was ruined by the conspiracy theorists on social media.

I got ignored when I kept telling people where that stupid rumour came from (LVMPD, Charlie Kirk) so I gave up trying to convince anyone.

Edited by Sabrefan1
  • Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, 24K said:

Trump campaign is doing a Biden. 🤣

Lol about time we heard from old reliable from the GOP. Caravan time baby. 

Do you think Trump even remembers he said no to the debates at first? Man's pretty senile.

• ThereItIs 1

59 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Here is a sickening fact: 722 people in America were shot by police already this year. The overwhelming majority of them were not white.

https://www.aljazeera.com/program/newsfeed/2024/7/23/video-shows-us-shooting-of-black-woman-by-police-she-called

This woman was gunned down in cold blood by a cop who was being meanspirited to her and she said "i rebuke you in the name of jesus christ", causing him to boil and shoot her multiple times. 

In many states, it takes longer to become a hairdresser than a cop.

I've seen a few different news/sites covering this; and it seems this cop was moving from one police dept to another.

Just move the problem down the road, and let someone else worry about him. 😞

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Wait, is that recent footage?

Where did the blood come from?

This was all a set up by the Russians. Remember the Russian government jet sitting on the runway beside Trumps jet a few weeks ago. Likely they hid a movie style blood pack on Trumps ear and detonated it by remote with receiver hidden in his shoe hence why he didnt want to leave them behind. Shooter was hired to miss. Any SS willing to take a bullet for someone like Trump are clearly MAGA and are in on it hence why they never took out the shooter until after he shot. Now they are covering up the medical records.

🤣

• Confused 1
  • ThereItIs 1

17 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

Do you think Trump even remembers he said no to the debates at first? Man's pretty senile.

I'm looking forward to him bragging about how much better his golf game is than Kamala's.....

4 hours ago, King Heffy said:

That still doesn't excuse the destruction he did to humanity.  Reagan was pure evil and the world is a better place with that piece of shit dead.

I respectfully disagree.

Ronald destroyed USSR and Warshav block.

Because of him, my family and hundreds of millions people got a chance for better life.

Just mine $0.02

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Optimist Prime said:

The US has a cop problem, and a gun problem. They should really take a feather out of Germany's cap when it comes to cops, my understanding is that the process is quite a bit more extensive there. 

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

So this is good, I was hoping she'd be focusing on these kinds of real issues. This plus beating the drum of "prosecutor vs felon" is a good tack.

“Building up the middle class will be a defining goal of my presidency,” she said as she highlighted certain issues.

Here’s what they are:

1. Workers’ freedom to join a union
  2. Affordable health care
  3. Affordable child care
  4. Paid family leave
  5. Retirement with dignity
  6. Every American’s right to vote
  7. Safety from gun violence: red flag laws, universal background checks and assault weapons bans
  8. Restore reproductive freedom

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/kamala-harris-biden-trump-election-07-23-24/index.html

That's a good place to start, all of these things would benefit lower class Americans as well. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

I respectfully disagree.

Because of him, my family and hundreds of millions people got a chance for better life.

Just mine $0.02

Well that happened for a multitude of reasons but yes he was a factor. That said he crushed the middle class, ramped up mass incarceration sold out the country to corporate interests. Overall Reagan is a piece of shit. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

I respectfully disagree.

Just mine $0.02

But also brought in trickle down economics, the war on drugs, and revoked the fair news doctrine which led to the partisan news of today. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

I respectfully disagree.

Just mine $0.02

I am happy for your family and all others who were able to escape from oppression.   I think though that Reagan was just there when it happened and made a speech or two.

Chernobyl destroyed the USSR just at the time that glasnost and perestroika had made it possible for it to be destroyed. 

Sorry to be in disagreement with you, but I think Reagan get's too much credit.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I am happy for your family and all others who were able to escape from oppression.   I think though that Reagan was just there when it happened and made a speech or two.

Chernobyl destroyed the USSR just at the time that glasnost and perestroika had made it possible for it to be destroyed. 

Sorry to be in disagreement with you, but I think Reagan get's too much credit.

Spending way too much of their GDP on defence to match the Americans was crippling for them.  Plenty of factors, nearly all of them internal.

• Vintage 1

23 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Well that happened for a multitude of reasons but yes he was a factor. That said he crushed the middle class, ramped up mass incarceration sold out the country to corporate interests. Overall Reagan is a piece of shit. 

I also believe that he might have had a much tougher time with the Soviets, if someone less progressive than Gorbachev had succeeded Chernenko....

That being said, at least Ronnie didn't fuck it up. I don't have a lot of confidence that someone like Dubya or Trump would have been able to pull it off.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Not trying to cross thread ..

and this might go against the grain of some..

but I hold more hope that change will come for those in Russia who are powerless and worthless to a murderous, Terroristic , Dictator who inflicts his sinister ways on the World every day.

Those here in CDC who have known me long enough in this dimension realize I dislike BS , and Will give back harshly to bully and harassment to those who come into these forums exactly what they give.

But I am dearly Empathetic..

I do care about Humanity,

Human Kindness,

and a hope one day, we ALL share the same values and respect for each other.

Realizing yesterday that we may be witnessing the rise of something special in US politics ,  I smiled and laughed knowing that the Bully’s realized their time has come to go back to their holes and die infamously.

I don’t doubt that others here ,.  .. and around the World , we’re feeling the same way.

Trump be gone ,  and his existential threat to Democracy on this continent.

I’m hopeful a day will come,

That as a generational League of Democratic Nations,

We can rid of Putin and his War of Global disruption.
Perhaps humanitarinly, we can install some hope into that Dark part of the World .

“cut the head off the snake and the body dies”.      One shot ,  Ten shooters.

Just want to say this is a great post.  I agree with it.  I have high hopes. 

I was worried about Joe stepping down and replaced.  That Dems would drop down from even in the polls in swing States, to irreversibly behind, no matter who they picked or how.  Either way a backlash.....if there was infighting about who would take over....or if Kamala was crowned without a primary.  They wouldn't be able to recover in time. But they are moving forward quickly.

I am happy to say I was wrong.  Kamala is such a breath of fresh air.  A much better communicator than the media give her credit for. The new younger energy and intelligence.  Now the contrast is monumental.  Before the MSM could define the election as old man vs old man. (And only showing stories about calls for Biden to drop out, not the rapist, insurrectionist, fraudster)

Now they can't use that meme anymore.  I'm sure they'll find some past scandal that the R's will dig up and gift to them to use to even out the horse race and keep it close.

But I'm optimistic. I think more of the youth vote and woman's vote and black Americans vote will create a big Blue Wave in November.

I really was not looking forward to a Poilievre/Trump North America block to deal with, but bracing for it.  Pierre can't wait to lick the orange convicted felon's shoes and give him whatever he wants from Canadians.  Poilievre will win no doubt.  (Unless Justin has the same grace and humbleness to bow out as Joe did, which I don't think he has).  But at least Prime Minister PP will have President Harris there to not help him MAGAfy Canada.

• Vintage 1

4 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Wait, is that recent footage?

Where did the blood come from?

Edit: To confirm and clear any speculation, the Break 50 video with President Trump was filmed during the first week of July, before I traveled overseas and prior to the incident that occurred in Butler, PA.

• Thanks 1