US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

30 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

That makes sense if the bullet is going into the body but dont you think an AR bullet could not just clip the ear as it whizzes by?

i've got a few gun nuts and hunters in the fam, maybe I'll see what they think.

Of course could just graze his ear but I'd think if it clipped it decent could blow most of your ear off. 

12 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Of course could just graze his ear but I'd think if it clipped it decent could blow most of your ear off. 

AR 15 typically uses a .223 caliber bullet. It is slightly larger than the common .22 that used to be the ammo of choice for shooting Gophers. If it only barely grazed the ear it probably would look like what we saw of Drump's ear. If it had been through the lobe of the ear it would have made  for a nice piercing. There are other versions of AR 15 that use a much larger caliber bullet .45 mm in size. Many farmers and ranchers down South use the larger AR 15 bullet size  with night vision for taking out Coyotes and / or feral pigs in the fields at night. There are many videos in YouTube of them doing this.

Edited by Kootenay Gold
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

The bullet in an AR-15 is a .223.  It's not a large caliber but it's long and fast.  The M-16 military version, the closest comparable, uses a 5.56.  Again, not huge but still long and fast with impressive penetrating power.

Edited by Sabrefan1
Added 2nd video. It hits targets.
  • Thanks 1

Lol. Elon know he backed the wrong horse and Tesla is tanking thanks to it to some degree. 

Elon Musk backs down from $45 million a month pledge to Trump, says he doesn’t ‘subscribe to cult of personality’

https://fortune.com/2024/07/23/elon-musk-backs-down-from-45-million-a-month-pledge-to-trump-says-he-doesnt-subscribe-to-cult-of-personality/

• Haha 3
  • Cheers 1

Just now, 24K said:

Lol. Elon know he backed the wrong horse and Tesla is tanking thanks to it to some degree. 

Elon Musk backs down from $45 million a month pledge to Trump, says he doesn’t ‘subscribe to cult of personality’

https://fortune.com/2024/07/23/elon-musk-backs-down-from-45-million-a-month-pledge-to-trump-says-he-doesnt-subscribe-to-cult-of-personality/

Watch him rename "X" to "coconut tree" 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 24K said:

It's earnings call was today.  Overall revenues were up, but net earnings per share were down.  It had nothing to do with politics.

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

It's earnings call was today.  Overall revenues were up, but net earnings per share were down.  It had nothing to do with politics.

then why did he mention "cult of personality?"

57 minutes ago, stawns said:

By completely selling our the foundation of the American economy and giving a big fu to middle class for the next 40 years.  He was one of the worst presidents in recent memory for the American people

He made a big contribution in making the US the powerhouse it is today both economically and military prowess. Widely regarded as one of upper tier presidents in US history. Took less in taxes in the short term and some pain that comes along with it, to invest in the long term future of the country. Him and Clinton both did great jobs growing US real GDP during their tenures allowing the US to separate themselves from the pack.   

3 minutes ago, 24K said:

Also, he talks out of his ass sometimes before he runs it through a filter.  That's how he got in trouble with the SEC.

Just now, Bob Long said:

then why did he mention "cult of personality?"

Because he says stupid things for being a smart guy.  He also realized that selling $180 Million in shares for someone who may lose now is a bad idea.

2 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Because he says stupid things for being a smart guy.  He also realized that selling $180 Million in shares for someone who may lose now is a bad idea.

true.

I wonder if RFK, Jr. is going to cost Trumpy the election? I would imagine most of that 8% is the anti-vaxxer crowd.

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

true.

I wonder if RFK, Jr. is going to cost Trumpy the election? I would imagine most of that 8% is the anti-vaxxer crowd.

Actually he could cost Harris.  I figured he'd bleed off slightly more Republican votes, but the last time I checked pre-debate a few weeks ago, he was bleeding more Democrat votes.

That could change though now that the geriatric is solely on the GOP ticket now.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

The bullet in an AR-15 is a .223.  It's not a large caliber but it's long and fast.  The M-16 military version, the closest comparable, uses a 5.56.  Again, not huge but still long and fast with impressive penetrating power.

That’s what she said. 

I’ll see myself out now. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ilunga said:

I know of him.

I haven't read any of his books.

Id suggest following him on YouTube if you like geopolitics.  He's an absolute egomaniac, but he's a pretty smart guy

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Also, he talks out of his ass sometimes before he runs it through a filter.  That's how he got in trouble with the SEC.

I wish nothing but bad for him and nothing but my best for his employees. 

Also wishing my best for his ‘dead son’. 

May they live their best life away from Elon’s disgusting influence. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, DSVII said:

Says the guy that put national security at risk by stalling on all those military appointments just to force an abortion issue on the Pentagon.

Piece of shit spews more shit. 

Whoda thunk it? 

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

I wish nothing but bad for him and nothing but my best for his employees. 

Also wishing my best for his ‘dead son’. 

May they live their best life away from Elon’s disgusting influence. 

I don't wish anything bad on him, but there's a fine line between Asperger/Autism and just being kind of an as*hole whose word gets more and more difficult to believe as time goes on.

I appreciate his attitude of wanting to benefit humanity, but he's a proven liar and is starting to cross over into Thomas Edison sh*tbag territory.

I'm still going to defend him and his work, but he's making it more unpalatable to do it as time goes on.

2 minutes ago, DSVII said:

Says the guy that put national security at risk by stalling on all those military appointments just to force an abortion issue on the Pentagon.

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

Piece of shit spews more shit. 

Whoda thunk it? 

He's a textbook political attention whore.  Always has been, always will be.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1