US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

19 minutes ago, stawns said:

How do you know this?

Because I saw him have two strokes on national tv and he shouldn't be anywhere near the Capitol or Washington DC.  He should be retired at home like most of the 70+ year old politicians.  Mitch is a perfect example of why they need term limits...

• Vintage 1

20 minutes ago, stawns said:

How do you know this?

It wasn't exactly diagnosed as a stroke but if you're familiar with stroke signs there was two incidents in front of a camera where someone absolutely unplugged his controller

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

23 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

They are trying so damned hard to suggest that the numbers aren't as good as they are and that they'll be changed or revised?  Even if they are revised downwards they will still be far above what was projected.  

Imagine hoping for failure or promoting it because you don't like the people in charge

• Vintage 2
  • chaos 1

17 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

It wasn't exactly diagnosed as a stroke but if you're familiar with stroke signs there was two incidents in front of a camera where someone absolutely unplugged his controller

I agree there, but I doubt they're covering up a stroke.  There's a lot more to having a stroke than what MM displayed

Edited by stawns
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

They are trying so damned hard to suggest that the numbers aren't as good as they are and that they'll be changed or revised?  Even if they are revised downwards they will still be far above what was projected.  

Imagine hoping for failure or promoting it because you don't like the people in charge

Faux News in a nutshell....

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

18 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Looked like a firmware update to me....

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Because I saw him have two strokes on national tv and he shouldn't be anywhere near the Capitol or Washington DC.  He should be retired at home like most of the 70+ year old politicians.  Mitch is a perfect example of why they need term limits...

How do you know he had a stroke?

I'm not disagreeing someone unplugged his controller, as hippy put it, but there's a lot of explanations for that

• Cheers 1

Statement by Vice President Kamala Harris

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2024/07/25/statement-by-vice-president-kamala-harris-3/

Yesterday, at Union Station in Washington, D.C. we saw despicable acts by unpatriotic protestors and dangerous hate-fueled rhetoric.  

I condemn any individuals associating with the brutal terrorist organization Hamas, which has vowed to annihilate the State of Israel and kill Jews. Pro-Hamas graffiti and rhetoric is abhorrent and we must not tolerate it in our nation. 

I condemn the burning of the American flag. That flag is a symbol of our highest ideals as a nation and represents the promise of America. It should never be desecrated in that way. 

I support the right to peacefully protest, but let’s be clear: Antisemitism, hate and violence of any kind have no place in our nation.

• Like 3
  • Vintage 1

One party is afraid of drag queens.  The other's now candidate will appear with them.  Was filmed a few weeks ago.

https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/kamala-harris-appears-on-rupauls-drag-race-all-stars-voting-1236083985/

Kamala Harris Appears on ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars’ to Advocate for Voting: ‘Make Sure Your Voice Is Heard’

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

He's basically a Mike Pence that f*cks couches.🕵️‍♀️

1 hour ago, DSVII said:

At this point. That's sadly praiseworthy when it comes to the MAGA republican.

TBH, I never thought of Pence as MAGA....to me, he's more of an establishment Republican (God, Guns and tax cuts).

In fact, I think that was the point of his selection by Bone Spurs. He's too bland to steal any of the spotlight from Dear Leader, but he's tight with Evangelicals and "small government" Repugs, so it was thought that he might help Trump in those areas.

I don't believe he ever bought in to the Tariff wars, or kowtowing to dictators, but he's enough of a yes man to keep his mouth shut about it.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, stawns said:

How do you know he had a stroke?

I'm not disagreeing someone unplugged his controller, as hippy put it, but there's a lot of explanations for that

My mom had a stroke. She had the same look in her eye. And it wasn’t that he just lost his controller, they had to help him out of there. 

I knew Netanyahu's visit is gonna fuck Kamala up and she went right ahead and fucked it up.

I said to not even mention Israel-Gaza and she went ahead and alienated the Muslim population that is key to Michigan.

Probably put a damper on the youth vote momentum too. 

5 minutes ago, 24K said:

I knew Netanyahu's visit is gonna fuck Kamala up and she went right ahead and fucked it up.

I said to not even mention Israel-Gaza and she went ahead and alienated the Muslim population that is key to Michigan.

Probably put a damper on the youth vote momentum too. 

It's a no win situation.......by not condemning them, she'd like lose even more support.  

That said, I think anyone who is informed on this situation is political enough that they understand what not voting for Harris might mean, regardless of their stance on Israel/Palestine 

• Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, stawns said:

It's a no win situation.......by not condemning them, she'd like lose even more support.  

That said, I think anyone who is informed on this situation is political enough that they understand what not voting for Harris might mean, regardless of their stance on Israel/Palestine 

She is going to lose more youth vote than what she will keep by making that statement. Those that resonate with that statement are way more likely to vote for Trump anyways. 

We need to think this in the framing of the election and not popularity or approval.

She should have just kept quiet or just reiterate peaceful protest. 

Edited by 24K

5 minutes ago, 24K said:

She is going to lose more youth vote than what she will jeep by making that statement. Those that resonate with that statement are way more likely to vote for Trump anyways. 

We need to think this in the framing of the election and not popularity. 

She should have just kept quiet or just reiterate peaceful protest. 

Well, speaking from two decades working for elections Canada, I can say young people talk about voting a lot more than they actually vote

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, stawns said:

Well, speaking from two decades working for elections Canada, I can say young people talk about voting a lot more than they actually vote

This is the concern. There was momentum that they have enthusiasm to come out and vite. She poured cold water over that. Now it is like they will or will not vote depending on their mood on the day. 

1 minute ago, bolt said:

So iran is funding violent left wing activists?

He is just repeating Netanyahu. Kirby just repeat whatever Netanyahu and Israel says and pass it forward as the truth. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 24K said:

He is just repeating Netanyahu. Kirby just repeat whatever Netanyahu and Israel says and pass it forward as the truth. 

You don't think Iran has a lot to gain from Trump's war against democracy?

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

You don't think Iran has a lot to gain from Trump's war against democracy?

Some online influencing sure. They funding that massive protest in DC. Highly unlikely. 

I really don't think Iran cares who is in charge. No matter who is in charge, Iran will be treated the same. Heck it is probably more detrimental for Iran with Trump. Dem wants a deal with Iran while Trump just want to bomb it. 

Edited by 24K