US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

I will say Harris barely threaded the needle there with her presser post Netenyahu meeting. 

Shouldn't piss off either side too much and definitely has the tonal shift that was needed from Biden. 

Edited by 24K

5 minutes ago, 24K said:

Well that is a convenient edit. Really showed the bias there from that source. 

Not sure what the goal is? Hurt Harris cause that post is all it is doing. 

Visegrad is located in the Czech Republic.  If the post is true, I doubt whether they care whose presidential campaign it hurts.  They aren't US state media.  If the post is false, they'll lose credibility.  If left leaning people don't like it, they'll just have to ignore their Twitter comment section for that post.

8 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Visegrad is located in the Czech Republic.  If the post is true, I doubt whether they care whose presidential campaign it hurts.  They aren't US state media.  If the post is false, they'll lose credibility.  If left leaning people don't like it, they'll just have to ignore their Twitter comment section for that post.

It is true. It just told half the story.

Completely ignored the harsher tone Harris took with Netenyahu. 

They have been found to be very pro Israel though.

Edited by 24K
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, 24K said:

It is true. It just told half the story.

Completely ignored the harsher tone Harris took with Netenyahu. 

They have been found to be very pro Israel though.

The media, both sides, not telling the whole story in order to spin a narrative?!?  Say it ain't so!  /s

shocker-shocked.gif

Edited by Sabrefan1
Used a link for meme that wasn't adding in a bitcoin graphic at the end
  • Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

16 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

The media, both sides, not telling the whole story in order to spin a narrative?!?  Say it ain't so!  /s

shocker-shocked.gif

yea its tiresome, but I'm pretty sure this has always been the way with media, all the way back to Roman toilet graffiti. 

• Cheers 1

@Sabrefan1

New Pennsylvania poll shedding some light on impact, or rather complete lack of impact, of RFK Jr. In battle ground state. 

image.thumb.png.45a27855050c41a084e2506e5702e917.png

Essentially third party pulled 5 points from both Harris and Trump. If anything Stein and West is hurting Harris more than RFK Jr. given their likely voters 

Edited by 24K

1 hour ago, 24K said:

@Sabrefan1

New Pennsylvania poll shedding some like on impact, or rather complete lack of impact, of RFK Jr. In battle ground state. 

Essentially third party pulled 5 points from both Harris and Trump. If anything Stein and West is hurting Harris more than RFK Jr. given their likely voters 

Trump is screwed I think.

2 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I have already pointed out that the Visegrad 24 twitter account is known for promoting false information/fake news.

https://visegradinsight.eu/polish-misinformation-using-a-hungarian-recipe-the-curious-case-of-visegrad-24/

And how this site, amongst others fits Musk's " vision " for twitter. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/social-media/7-accounts-warp-israel-hamas-war-news-x-musk-rcna121465

• Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

I have already pointed out that the Visegrad 24 twitter account is known for promoting false information/fake news.

https://visegradinsight.eu/polish-misinformation-using-a-hungarian-recipe-the-curious-case-of-visegrad-24/

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/social-media/7-accounts-warp-israel-hamas-war-news-x-musk-rcna121465

Especially he ran a poll on if he should no longer be CEO of Twitter. He claimed if the people said to step down, he would.

He lost and of course he ignored it. Guess he doesn't have the cult of personality he thought he had.

• ThereItIs 1

For anyone interested in funny deep fakes, this guy https://x.com/scaredketchup  Is merciless in his takedowns of the Trump world. Two thoughts: Deep fakes are getting really, really good, which is scary, and this guy is really talented. I would post an X post where Lara Trump interviews JD Vance about having sex with a couch, but the language is NSFW. Funny, though.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

For anyone interested in funny deep fakes, this guy https://x.com/scaredketchup  Is merciless in his takedowns of the Trump world. Two thoughts: Deep fakes are getting really, really good, which is scary, and this guy is really talented. I would post an X post where Lara Trump interviews JD Vance about having sex with a couch, but the language is NSFW. Funny, though.

is this for real !?!? 

3 hours ago, 24K said:

@Sabrefan1

New Pennsylvania poll shedding some light on impact, or rather complete lack of impact, of RFK Jr. In battle ground state. 

That's certainly a turn around for the Democrats if accurate.  Kennedy was grabbing more voters from Biden than Trump.  That surprised me a little. 

I'm reluctant to put too much stock in just one poll though.  Especially one that only polled 850 registered voters.  The fewer the participants, the higher of an error range you get.

2 hours ago, Ilunga said:

That's disappointing that they are a source of fake news.  That's the last thing that X needs more of...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

is this for real !?!? 

JD Vance believes that a woman's role is to be a birthing machine, and will remain in the home regardless of any abusive behaviour they might be subjected to by their partners, for the sake of the children. JD Vance believes that there is never a case for abortion, not in cases of rape or incest nor if the life of the woman is in grave danger. It is obvious he has never heard of an ectopic pregnancy, or if he has, he doesn't care. JD Vance, by referring to women as childless cat ladies, achieves the rare double insult. With three words he pissed off all childless women and all cat ladies. Both a formidable bunch, I'd say. JD Vance believes he will be president when Donald dies so he said and did whatever Donald wanted him to say and do. Most grovellers are okay with grovelling.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

JD Vance believes that a woman's role is to be a birthing machine, and will remain in the home regardless of any abusive behaviour they might be subjected to by their partners, for the sake of the children. JD Vance believes that there is never a case for abortion, not in cases of rape or incest nor if the life of the woman is in grave danger. It is obvious he has never heard of an ectopic pregnancy, or if he has, he doesn't care. JD Vance, by referring to women as childless cat ladies, achieves the rare double insult. With three words he pissed off all childless women and all cat ladies. Both a formidable bunch, I'd say. JD Vance believes he will be president when Donald dies so he said and did whatever Donald wanted him to say and do. Most grovellers are okay with grovelling.

Jennifer Aniston actually got peeved off over the childless cat lady comment.  I don't think anyone saw that coming.  She usually smartly stays out of politics. 

I think Trump is going to regret choosing Vance as his VP candidate.  He's needlessly pandering hard to the conservative base and alienating some independents that they'll need in November.

• Cheers 2