US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

4 minutes ago, Gurn said:

I can't believe this is even a rumour.  I can't believe it might actually be true.

But really, I'm not even shocked this is the kind of news coming out of American leadership types these days

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

That's disappointing that they are a source of fake news.  That's the last thing that X needs more of...

More pertinent today, than when it was released nearly 30 years ago 

" Turn off SBS 

Turn on Mike Moore neglect Mary Kostikidis 

The time has come for us to choose

Infotainment over real news 

Turn off SBS forget Mary Kostikidis 

Like the rest of us I guess 

She can no longer so impress 

Why continue to keep trying 

To seperate the real news from the lying 

In the end it all comes down to this 

We all eventually switch

To lying and deception

We choose the tabloid pitch

Like some inner technical hitch 

The high ideals that you once had 

End up in your colostomy bag 

Pick paradise beach over John Keats 

Choose beauty over truth 

SBS becomes RS like Mary after youth 

Dead air 

Loss of all reception 

All of us must face the day 

When our ideals have flown away 

Just give in to our dismay 

Watch Ray Martin not Mary K 

Time has been in our youth 

We sought accuracy and truth 

Scoffed at commercial news 

Satarised Hinch and all his views 

But Oh how does time unnerve us 

The Special Broadcasting Service

Doesn't seem worth the hassle 

Don't change your life 

Change your chanel "

TISM

This Is Serious Mum 

• Cheers 3

7 hours ago, Warhippy said:

image.thumb.png.ac32266c2e13e9db34176661fcbb6718.png

Thought of thes T's the moment Joe stepped down.

I have complained on this site as I get these ' dont let the old man in' ads all the time. I think they follow me over from the mma sites I view. Everytime I see them I send google the ad feedback and click 'ad was inappropriate', which does nothing.

Really hope many people have lost lots of money on these hate slinging political merch items.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I have complained on this site as I get these ' dont let the old man in' ads all the time. I think they follow me over from the mma sites I view. Everytime I see them I send google the ad feedback and click 'ad was inappropriate', which does nothing.

Really hope many people have lost lots of money on these hate slinging political merch items.

I get stupid t shirt ads too. I have no idea why, but the algorithm really seems to think I like it.

• Cheers 1

Lying Bastard should already be in jail ,

“Judge” Cannon should go with him for aiding and abetting a criminal a National Security Threat:

If he wins the election, Trump will provide Ukraine with a loan and lease worth $500 billion.

In addition, the 45th President of America can lift arms restrictions on the armed forces of Ukraine, while simultaneously bringing the country closer to NATO and tightening sanctions against Russia, according to an article by former US Secretary of State Pompeo for the Wall Street Journal.

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I get stupid t shirt ads too. I have no idea why, but the algorithm really seems to think I like it.

I dont know why they have the ad feedback option...doesnt change things.

I wonder if companies will ever change ( I wont hold my breath)

I have a long list of companies I stop supporting. My life is great without them. 

For example, I will never buy another NHL sweater since they put ads on the players. Even if the sweater in the shop doesnt have the ads, becuase it is not the same as the game version. Kinda funny for me too becuase I used to buy lots of jerseys... so at least I have classic stock pile. I will also never use TD bank. 

Imagine the world if we all voted with our wallets more... one can dream.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I dont know why they have the ad feedback option...doesnt change things.

I wonder if companies will ever change ( I wont hold my breath)

I have a long list of companies I stop supporting. My life is great without them. 

For example, I will never buy another NHL sweater since they put ads on the players. Even if the sweater in the shop doesnt have the ads, becuase it is not the same as the game version. Kinda funny for me too becuase I used to buy lots of jerseys... so at least I have classic stock pile. I will also never use TD bank. 

just a numbers game I suppose. Send out 1000 ads for $3 in royalties and get a $10 sale? 

7 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Imagine the world if we all voted with our wallets more... one can dream.

Sometimes I do. I try to pay attention to buying as much BC grown food and booze as possible. I don't drink much anymore but it's always now to a BC craft beer place, distillery and even sake now (the guy on Granville island makes some amazing sake). 

But it's really complex for other items like clothing, e.g. We would buy our daughter stuff like Joe Fresh when she was outgrowing stuff by the week, but then we all found out a building dropped on those workers. I would never have bought it knowing how they were treating those people but how do you find out?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Think of all the "Let's Go Brandon" stuff out there.....

Dems need one with a pic of Joe saying, "okay".....

• Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Lying Bastard should already be in jail ,

“Judge” Cannon should go with him for aiding and abetting a criminal a National Security Threat:

If he wins the election, Trump will provide Ukraine with a loan and lease worth $500 billion.

In addition, the 45th President of America can lift arms restrictions on the armed forces of Ukraine, while simultaneously bringing the country closer to NATO and tightening sanctions against Russia, according to an article by former US Secretary of State Pompeo for the Wall Street Journal.

Then Putin will send the KGB to take him out. There's no chance in hell Trump will help the Ukraine.

• Cheers 1