US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

6 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Always been an Old Dutch man, so the Lays thing was already a done deal for me....

Subway is a bit more complicated. It's the only Sub option where I live and besides, I like Scottie Barnes and Mark McMorris....

I was snooping PR to see if the Vietnamese options there had banh mi, but unfortunately looks like google maps only show 3 VN restaurants, and all of their menus don't appear to have banh mi as an option.

(For the uninitiated, banh mi is Vietnamese submarine sandwiches, which is usually one of my go-to items when I go to a VN restaurant.)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

I'm hoping for a Harris victory, but playing the victim and giving into the name-calling only fuels Trump's cause. The Democrats just need to "play bigger", and I think there's lots of room for promise and potential with Kamala at the helm. She has the spunk for it.

Do you honestly believe that this is some kind of official Democrat communication? :classic_huh:

...or is it maybe some random dude having fun at the Repugs' expense?

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I was snooping PR to see if the Vietnamese options there had banh mi, but unfortunately looks like google maps only show 3 VN restaurants, and all of their menus don't appear to have banh mi as an option.

(For the uninitiated, banh mi is Vietnamese submarine sandwiches, which is usually one of my go-to items when I go to a VN restaurant.)

Looks like a couple of places offer them, just off the menu.  (googled Banh mi Prince Rupert).  Thanks for helping me decide on dinner; I'm hungry now.

• Cheers 1

Lol.. 

if this is real..   stacked on to everything else he’s been convicted of and yet to trialed for ..  

he’ll never see Marlogo again .

Edited by SilentSam
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Lol.. 

if this is real..   stacked on to everything else he’s been convicted of and yet to trialed for ..  

In other news.. hey, water is wet!  Who knew!  :hurhur:

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 2

36 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Lol.. 

His religious hand picked scotus will let him off the hook.

#whatwouldJesusgraft 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I helped locate & supply a difficult item to find for one of my customers, the owner was grateful and asked what he could do to thank me. I told him it wasn’t necessary but when he came in to pick up the item he brought a banh mi for each of the guys in the shop. Tung Hing here in Vancouver had several more faithful customers afterwards.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 2

6 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

Always been an Old Dutch man, so the Lays thing was already a done deal for me....

Subway is a bit more complicated. It's the only Sub option where I live and besides, I like Scottie Barnes and Mark McMorris....

I still haven't forgiven Old Dutch for ceasing to make their Party Mix and forcing that Humpty Dumpty garbage on us....  but their Onion & Garlic chips will keep me on board. 

Old Dutch Party Mix

Edited by Gnarcore

19 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Now,   This is getting interesting isn’t it ?

to add to the above quote :

yip..   Simone needs to find out who organized this protest that caused so much vandalism.

10 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

It would be huge if they had the numbers to pass a constitutional amendment for the immunity and/or the numbers to pass federal legislation on anything else.  They don't and they are well aware that they don't.  It's an election year stunt looking for free attention and news cycle headlines.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, 4petesake said:

I helped locate & supply a difficult item to find for one of my customers, the owner was grateful and asked what he could do to thank me. I told him it wasn’t necessary but when he came in to pick up the item he brought a banh mi for each of the guys in the shop. Tung Hing here in Vancouver had several more faithful customers afterwards.

I love hearing stories like this.

Random acts of kindness that are reciprocated.

I have always stated that one doesn't give to receive, however I do believe in paying forward.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

It took the FBI 2 weeks to finally say that yes, Trump was hit by a bullet.  🤦‍♂️

The New York Times made a fairly solid case saying the same exact thing in the time it took them to call a few experts and write an article about it.  So basically 24-48 hours.

These agencies are just getting more and more embarrassing.

https://apnews.com/article/trump-bullet-shrapnel-ronny-jackson-christopher-wray-cb780b9d1a078f0be4191682e75101cf

Edited by Sabrefan1
typo
  • Cheers 1