US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

I dunno, I maybe shouldnt post this as it is pretty private but i think I found a picture of the birth of one of JD Vance's kids...

hqdefault.jpg.e831f236f5a99fc4d26d88b4f56ede2f.jpg

Now you made me post this:

Its Always Sunny in Philly.  Frank naked in the couch

• Haha 2

Spot the damage.  earn a prize

https://www.thedailybeast.com/donald-trump-seen-in-public-without-ear-bandage-after-assassination-attempt

Donald Trump Seen in Public Without Ear Bandage

LOOKS GOOD

The former president has ditched the gauze over his right ear that became a viral meme after the Republican National Convention.

Donald Trump.

4 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Now they are starting to sell “Let’s go Brenda” merchandise.

I know, very original!

It's not like they're a bunch of Mensa candidates....

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Gurn said:

It's been a very bad week for J.D. Vance

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/lifestyle/whats-hot/jd-vance-is-now-being-mocked-with-dolphin-memes-just-days-after-couch-rumours/ar-BB1qIQJB?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=a8504ffe7bbf4ed9bb0245662520c117&ei=22

"JD Vance, Donald Trump's running mate for the 2024 presidential election has become the butt of many jokes in the past week after a false rumour about him being too familiar with a couch went viral on social media but now he's being hit with dolphin jokes.

-----------------------------------

more at link

This was my favorite tweet in response to that story:

JD definitely wants one of these for Fathers Day....

• Haha 3
  • Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Commie commie commie commie Kamala 

She comes and goes

She comes and gooooes

The GQP....

The party of "small government" is now the party of "name calling".....:classic_rolleyes:

22 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

So....I have a question:Why do we GAF whether Trump was hit by a bullet, shrapnel, or glass? Does it change the fact that someone was trying to shoot him? No. It does not.

Maybe certain people are looking for something to bitch about? I'd say the answer to that question is "yes".

Just maybe, the FBI wanted to make 100% sure that the bullet was the cause of Trump's earache. Stop trying so fucking hard to turn it into an "embarrassment".

It is not.

Why are you complaining?  My complaint was that they spent 2 weeks on figuring it out when the New York Times figured it out in a couple of days after calling some experts on the telephone.

I think it's weird that it was even an issue to begin with.  A dude shot at him several times and the first thing that they want to figure out is if it was indeed a bullet that hit him?

How about you figure out how the agents (USSS) failed and do not let it happen again.

Like I said,  it's f*cking embarrassing.

2nd *edit*  Just saw the above post about his ear.  I thought that, and wondered why, you were bringing up my post from a couple days ago.

Edited by Sabrefan1
added USSS after realizing my comment could be mistaken for FBI agents

1 hour ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

MAGA crowd boos Trump for saying he supports abortion in cases of rape and incest: report

https://www.rawstory.com/abortion-2668822316/

They also boo'd Trump before when he said people should have a choice whether they want to take a COVID vaccine or not. 

For people that do not like regulation, they get awful pissy when they can't force other people to do things.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

15 minutes ago, Sapper said:

https://www.newsmax.com/us/christian-catholic-vote/2024/07/27/id/1174185/

The irony is no actual Christian could vote for Trump as he is the polar opposite of Christian

He also told them if they vote him in again they won't have to ever vote again

A real true nazification statement if there ever was one 

And this is why I refuse to stop calling it out when people get offended.

7 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

They also boo'd Trump before when he said people should have a choice whether they want to take a COVID vaccine or not. 

For people that do not like regulation, they get awful pissy when they can't force other people to do things.

It's actually funny when you think about it.  

Especially when you realize their push for abortion is stealing the choice from women, but they're applying the same metrics to the DNC for choosing Harris.  They just don't lke not having control.

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

It's actually funny when you think about it.  

Especially when you realize their push for abortion is stealing the choice from women, but they're applying the same metrics to the DNC for choosing Harris.  They just don't lke not having control.

I just think it's as*holes being as*holes.  It's why I don't like the far right or the far left.  Both badly want to control what people say, do, and think.

Our society has become an Orwellian nightmare.

• Vintage 1