US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

That's why he won't be vp, they want to keep him as their attack dog for the time being

Let's be real, the reason he won't be VP is because he has a husband.

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Sad 2

46 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Unless the plan is to force Repugs into voting against it and give the Dems more ammunition for the election? :classic_unsure:

This is exactly it 

Literally NOBODY should be against this.  When Obama was going to nominate numerous SCOTUS judges, the GOP screamed about term limits.  With Clinton, the GOP SCREAMED about nobody being above the law.

Make it happen.  Force them to vote against democracy.  With luck it will burn them to the ballot box this November allowing for the Dems to pull off a miracle upset in the senate and congress

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

It proves all these polls are a waste of time.  And I highly doubt this dude has over half a million angry Republican followers...

Dunno man, you do post a lot of right wing twitter stuff 😆

9 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

It proves all these polls are a waste of time.  And I highly doubt this dude has over half a million angry Republican followers...

You don't think in a country of 330+ million that there aren't 500k disaffected repugs who font buy into MAGA?

I'd bet there's a lot more than that

17 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

It proves that self selected polls run by people with no training regarding selecting an appropriate sample are a waste of time.  People will stuff online polls all the time, see John Scott's all-star game appearance for an example we all know.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

You don't think in a country of 330+ million that there aren't 500k disaffected repugs who font buy into MAGA?

I'd bet there's a lot more than that

The Krassenstein brothers are Democrats who have a huge following on Twitter.  Brian even did the poll twice and it came out the same.  So, if these polls can be manipulated as you suggest then why can't every poll also be manipulated?

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

It proves that self selected polls run by people with no training regarding selecting an appropriate sample are a waste of time.  People will stuff online polls all the time, see John Scott's all-star game appearance for an example we all know.

And it's well understood by legit political analysts that polls before Sept don't mean a whole lot anyway.........that said, this year might be different

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

The Krassenstein brothers are Democrats who have a huge following on Twitter.  Brian even did the poll twice and it came out the same.  So, if these polls can be manipulated as you suggest then why can't every poll also be manipulated?

As I said, polls before Sept don't generally mean much

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

It proves that polls in general can be manipulated...

13 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

It proves that polls in general can be manipulated...

That's why you have to look at a lot of them and still take them with a grain of salt.  A poll done on twitter needs to be taken with multi grains.

• Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

i dunno.gif

Weird, the tweet that says 'Let's try this again' is dated a day before the other version of the question....

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

How did you find out about them? 800k followers is huge? I have no idea who they are so I googled them. It's seems as though most on the left have labelled them as grifters. They thrive on engaging Trumpers so it makes sense a lot them would be motivated to vote. Plus bots and trolls that were already mentioned.

Edited by JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo

1 minute ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

How did you find out about them? 800k followers is huge? I have no idea who they are so I googled them. It's seems as though most on the left have labelled them as grifters. They thrive on engaging Trumpers so it makes sense a lot them would be motivated to vote. Plus bots and trolls that were already mentioned.

I'm gonna trust them.

Cause, they must be super smart as the time stamps on the tweets suggest they have figured out time travel. 

• ThereItIs 1