US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

I don't know what to believe here except that Trump seemed to think it would cost him votes which is all that matters.

Project 2025 director steps down amid backlash from Trump

In recent months, Trump has lashed out against Project 2025, calling some of its ideas “absolutely ridiculous and abysmal.” He strained to distance himself from the work, claiming he had “no idea who is behind it.” < edit - 140 people who used to work for him 😄>Top Trump adviser Chris LaCivita recently referred to Project 2025 as “a pain the a**” for the Trump campaign.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/30/politics/project-2025-paul-dans/index.html

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Satchmo said:

I don't know what to believe here except that Trump seemed to think it would cost him votes which is all that matters.

Project 2025 director steps down amid backlash from Trump

In recent months, Trump has lashed out against Project 2025, calling some of its ideas “absolutely ridiculous and abysmal.” He strained to distance himself from the work, claiming he had “no idea who is behind it.” < edit - 140 people who used to work for him 😄>Top Trump adviser Chris LaCivita recently referred to Project 2025 as “a pain the a**” for the Trump campaign.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/30/politics/project-2025-paul-dans/index.html

JD Vance raises eyebrows; he wrote foreword for Project 2025 architect's new book

https://thehill.com/video/jd-vance-raises-eyebrows-he-wrote-foreword-for-project-2025-architects-new-book/9901962/

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

16 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Oklahoma's MAGA superintendent dares schools to defy his Bible-teaching order

https://www.rawstory.com/msn-uk/ryan-walters-oklahoma-bible/

Oklahoma is the place to be...that's especially if you can barely read. 

"Earlier this year, Forbes conducting a review of standardized test scores across the United States and found that Oklahoma finished dead last."

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Pretty annoying that this asshat keeps referring to Bible study as "history".....:classic_dry:

Look. The bible is fact.

If it wasn't then why would so many believe in it?

It's on you to prove that it is not fact, due to how many people believe it.

Have you learned nothing in your time here!?!!!

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

Just now, bishopshodan said:

Look. The bible is fact.

If it wasn't then why would so many believe in it?

It's on you to prove that it is not fact, due to how many people believe it.

Have you learned nothing in your time here!?!!!

I guess I haven't been attending enough dinner parties....:classic_unsure:

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

You aren't missing much, it's always stale bread and dry fishes.

yeah, but I get drunk on the water for some reason.... it was at a wedding I think. 

• Haha 3
  • Cheers 1

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/trump-defends-jd-vance-s-sexist-comments-i-think-women-understand/ar-BB1qSIWn?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=4bc6167075bf49ba9e3472dbe1f197d0&ei=14

"

Donald Trump has come to JD Vance’s defense over his sexist comments, claiming that women “understand” his running mate’s controversial views.

Before he was sworn into the Senate in 2021, Vance branded then-new vice president Kamala Harris and other Democrats as “a bunch of childless cat ladies who are miserable at their own lives” in an interview with Tucker Carlson on Fox News.

The former Marine’s comments have since resurfaced after he was chosen as Trump’s vice presidential pick earlier this month – days before Harris launched her own presidential campaign when President Joe Biden stepped down from the race.

Vance’s remarks have prompted fierce backlash, with a swathe of political and public figures including Hollywood star Jennifer Aniston blasting his misogyny. Republican insiders have also said that some party members regret him being picked to join Trump on the ticket.

But, in an interview with Fox News on Monday, Trump stood by his running mate and insisted he has “tremendous support”, particularly among “people that like families.”

“He grew up in a very interesting family situation, and he feels family is good,” he told host Laura Ingraham.

“And I don’t think there’s anything wrong in saying that.”

• Cheers 3

4 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Joe is a lame-duck president with a split Congress who can do nothing more right now than to try and get his VP his job.  

The Democratic party has all but neutered Joe. 

I mean Joe does have complete immunity. He can definitely take that out for a spin. 

• Haha 1

EXCELLENT,  EXCELLENT ,  ADVICE ..

Predictions:

- Kamala Harris will win both the popular and electoral vote in November.

- Trump will declare victory in key states the night of the election, well before any of the results are finalized…shades of 2020.

- He’ll do it to activate his coup 2.0 plan, contesting the results and trying to prevent certification. 

- His cadre of billionaires, including the owner of this site, will enthusiastically support him in this endeavor. They couldn’t care less about the will of the people. They’re in it to amass wealth, power and influence.

- His acolytes in Congress will join suit, demanding contested results be adjudicated by the higher courts, where they have people standing by to do their bidding. 

It will be a more organized version of their 2020 attempt.

I say this not to make you anxious. It’s to prepare you for the road ahead.

Over the next 97 days you’ll be inundated with propaganda, especially here. They’ll push the “they’re flying in illegals to vote” nonsense and every wild conspiracy they can conjure to whip their base into a frenzy. Your timelines will be overrun by Elon’s bots and trolls.

STAY FOCUSED.

You’ll hear about voter rolls being purged. Check your status often. Get others to check theirs.

REMAIN UNDETERRED.

If you want to see the change you seek, you have to vote for it. You have to get others engaged in this fight. 

This is our calling. Our turn to repel fascism and return America to her ideals.

We have 97 days.

We hold the line. We win.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

'Personality of a wet napkin': Vance dragged after saying he's 'sad' about turning 40

https://www.rawstory.com/news/j-d-vance-2668845322/

Liberal media is trying to push the "weird" label on Vance to counter Harris' past oddness, but Vance is creeping into the realm of idiocy, not weird.  His running mate is taking heat for being nearly 80, so what does Vance do?  Call out his own very young and inexperienced age while making it sound like 40 is somehow ancient.

Someone tell this guy that he's barely old enough to run for VP since to be POTUS you have to be 35, and that his running mate is double his age, and that's a drag on their poll numbers.

I'm not partisan, but Vance is starting to remind me too much of Dan Quayle.

1 hour ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Liberal media is trying to push the "weird" label on Vance to counter Harris' past oddness, but Vance is creeping into the realm of idiocy, not weird.  His running mate is taking heat for being nearly 80, so what does Vance do?  Call out his own very young and inexperienced age while making it sound like 40 is somehow ancient.

Someone tell this guy that he's barely old enough to run for VP since to be POTUS you have to be 35, and that his running mate is double his age, and that's a drag on their poll numbers.

I'm not partisan, but Vance is starting to remind me too much of Dan Quayle.

He's equal parts Quayle and Palin. Trump really made a mistake trusting Uday and Qusay and going with their pick. Many hard core MAGA bros hate him due to his Indian wife and bi-racial kids. I don't see anything he brings to the ticket and least Pence was a calming force among the Evangelicals. Vance just brings controversy and mockery and high unfavorability.

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Cheers 1
  • chaos 1

There is no way Harris is +11 in Michigan. However it does bring into question that Trump +4 in Penn also by Bloomberg polling.

There is a definite trend here for Harris. Where does it level off? Probably not until after the convention.

• Like 1