US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

7 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Look. The bible is fact.

If it wasn't then why would so many believe in it?

It's on you to prove that it is not fact, due to how many people believe it.

Have you learned nothing in your time here!?!!!

I’m starting to like you more and more every day…   😉

Nothing like speaking the truth there brother. 85% of the world’s population gives you a big thumbs up. The other 15% are literally irrelevant and can kiss my beautiful rear end. 😊

• Huggy Bear 1

4 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Yeah about that 'weird' label......

These idiots are a cult.  Anyone who says otherwise is just being willfully ignorant or lying in order to pander to the cult.

• ThereItIs 1

4 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

There is no way Harris is +11 in Michigan. However it does bring into question that Trump +4 in Penn also by Bloomberg polling.

There is a definite trend here for Harris. Where does it level off? Probably not until after the convention.

In Michigan, they're both within margin of error, except for the ridiculous Bloomberg outlier.

Screenshot2024-07-31030516.thumb.png.1de4dd27bd39b9b0b3ff4a485e0b511b.png

Mostly the same with Pennsylvania.

Screenshot2024-07-30135215.thumb.png.0e6dcf72aa5b64bb074f3b7732e5d458.png

7 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

These idiots are a cult.  Anyone who says otherwise is just being willfully ignorant or lying in order to pander to the cult.

For a moment I thought I was reading one of my own posts. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Ya, TRUMP knows nothing about Project 2025.

Look at all the people who were/are Team TRUMP. 

RDT_20240730_2351443201607385912155996.jpg

The real danger here is I actually think trump doesn't know much about it. He's a useful tool for people like this. 

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

For a moment I thought I was reading one of my own posts. 

If you dress in a golden diaper because there are rumours (true or not) that your leader doesn't properly wipe his ass, you need to re-evaluate your life choices.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 2

Just now, Sabrefan1 said:

If you dress in a golden diaper because there are rumours (true or not) that your leader doesn't properly wipe his ass, you need to re-evaluate your life choices.

imagine this being the peak moment of your life, too. 

I think it was Margaret Atwood that explained it best, this is all just a big party for these folks. They really don't care about the details, it's just fun. 

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

The real danger here is I actually think trump doesn't know much about it. He's a useful tool for people like this. 

Project 2025 has been around for decades.  Very few knew about it until the Heritage Foundation arrogantly enough created a spin-off organization with that name. 

Now they've shuttered it because, as it turns out, people don't like screwy organizations that have designs on their personal lives.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I’m starting to like you more and more every day…   😉

Nothing like speaking the truth there brother. 85% of the world’s population gives you a big thumbs up. The other 15% are literally irrelevant and can kiss my beautiful rear end. 😊

85%?.  The missionaries have been busy lately.

(Don't want to get into a religious debate but you did bring math into the discussion.)

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Project 2025 has been around for decades.  Very few knew about it until the Heritage Foundation arrogantly enough created a spin-off organization with that name. 

Now they've shuttered it because, as it turns out, people don't like screwy organizations that have designs on their personal lives.

have they actually shuttered it, or just stopped talking about it for a few weeks?

these folks are why I just can't understand why more moderate republicans can't switch their votes this time. I mean look at what they want to do, and will do, under another trump win? 

or is it that the moderates don't believe that these people will get what they want? 

Just now, Bob Long said:

have they actually shuttered it, or just stopped talking about it for a few weeks?

these folks are why I just can't understand why more moderate republicans can't switch their votes this time. I mean look at what they want to do, and will do, under another trump win? 

or is it that the moderates don't believe that these people will get what they want? 

It hasn't been shuttered, but Donny has reportedly become upset at how Project 2025 is affecting him in the polls. Note- he doesn't have issue with what Project 2025 advocates for, he only has issue with how it hurts him in the polls. I imagine some of the more hardcore types in the GOP will continue to embrace Project 2025 but the rest of them will spend the next three months trying to make the population forget about it.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 2

Just now, Olli Juolevi said:

It hasn't been shuttered, but Donny has reportedly become upset at how Project 2025 is affecting him in the polls. Note- he doesn't have issue with what Project 2025 advocates for, he only has issue with how it hurts him in the polls. I imagine some of the more hardcore types in the GOP will continue to embrace Project 2025 but the rest of them will spend the next three months trying to make the population forget about it.

too little, too late, hopefully. 

6 hours ago, Bob Long said:

imagine this being the peak moment of your life, too. 

I think it was Margaret Atwood that explained it best, this is all just a big party for these folks. They really don't care about the details, it's just fun. 

Or they're freaks with a diaper fetish.

I know liberals love to say "don't kink shame", but if I ever had children, there's no way I'd let an adult who fetishizes diaper wearing anywhere near them.

Edited by Sabrefan1
Reallized hours later that I unsurprisingly misspelled fetishizes
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

10 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

The spin-off organization is dead.  It wouldn't be surprising if it was brought back under a different name, with different people, after the election.

It was stupid to create it in the first place.  Now people are much more aware of the Heritage Foundation and their aims on the country.

• ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Now people are much more aware of the Heritage Foundation and their aims on the country.

its troubling stuff. But I guess people just don't believe that the HF will get what they want. 

It is more for the dem's to use in ad's tho. And also for Harris if trump ever man's up and decides to debate her, which I don't think he will. His ego won't allow him to be defeated by a brown woman. 

Edited by Bob Long

35 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

its troubling stuff. But I guess people just don't believe that the HF will get what they want. 

It is more for the dem's to use in ad's tho. And also for Harris if trump ever man's up and decides to debate her, which I don't think he will. His ego won't allow him to be defeated by a brown woman. 

That whistling past the graveyard, IMO....

The Heritage Foundation was pretty involved in the remaking of the Supreme Court.....

• ThereItIs 1

59 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

85%?.  The missionaries have been busy lately.

(Don't want to get into a religious debate but you did bring math into the discussion.)

I'd really like to know how they converted the Buddhists, Hindus, Sikhs, Muslims, and people of the Jewish faith.  :hurhur:

• Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

That whistling past the graveyard, IMO....

The Heritage Foundation was pretty involved in the remaking of the Supreme Court.....

Way beyond that they were big influencers on all the judges appointed at the federal level. 

• Cheers 2