US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Trump speaking live at National Association of Black Journalists. It's off to a rip roaring start as he attacks the questioner for a 'terrible, horrible' first question.

It's been on for 5 minutes and it's a pity party. The audience is turning hostile.

This is a disaster. If you're near a TV tune in.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Trump speaking live at National Association of Black Journalists. It's off to a rip roaring start as he attacks the questioner for a 'terrible, horrible' first question.

It's been on for 5 minutes and it's a pity party. The audience is turning hostile.

I think the odds of Trump dropping a hard R at this event are greater than JD Vance's odds of actually being the VP pick when voting opens.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Oh boy that was a cringe 3 mins on police officer immunity.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

its troubling stuff. But I guess people just don't believe that the HF will get what they want.

It remains to be seen since they've been playing the long game.

The SCOTUS has several Heritage Foundation members as sitting justices.  Even so, the SCOTUS has gone against HF ideology on issues like LGBTQIA.

34 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Now I'm no political consultant but IMO this isn't how you get the Black vote.

I wonder who in Trump's camp thought it was a good idea for a misogynist racist, who has called journalists "the enemy of the people" to answer questions posed by black female journalists?

Did they think he was going to get Hannity softballs for the entire thing?

The mockery from the crowd is music to my ears though.....

• Cheers 2
  • chaos 1

31 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

‘CRUSHED IT!’ Trump Congratulates Self After Telling Black Journalists Kamala Harris Only Recently ‘Became a Black Person’

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/crushed-it-trump-congratulates-self-after-telling-black-journalists-kamala-harris-only-recently-became-a-black-person/

This statement by Speaker Johnson stood out to me:

“This election will be about policies and not personalities,” he told reporters afterward. “This is not personal with regard to Kamala Harris and her ethnicity or her gender have nothing to do with this whatsoever.”

With all the ass-kissing he's been doing with Trump, I have to wonder if he's ever actually spoken to the man. There's not a snowball's chance of this happening. (or not happening, more accurately)

• Cheers 1

:classic_blink:

Harris’ father is from Jamaica, her late mother from India. Trump claimed: “I’ve known her a long time, indirectly, not directly very much, and she was always of Indian heritage, and she was only promoting Indian heritage. I didn’t know she was Black until a number of years ago when she happened to turn Black, and now she wants to be known as Black. So I don’t know, is she Indian, or is she Black?”

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/kamala-harris-trump-election-07-31-24/index.html

11 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

:classic_blink:

Harris’ father is from Jamaica, her late mother from India. Trump claimed: “I’ve known her a long time, indirectly, not directly very much, and she was always of Indian heritage, and she was only promoting Indian heritage. I didn’t know she was Black until a number of years ago when she happened to turn Black, and now she wants to be known as Black. So I don’t know, is she Indian, or is she Black?”

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/kamala-harris-trump-election-07-31-24/index.html

Someone needs to tell Trump that interracial couples are allowed to get married in the USA.  That might help the Big Macs do their job a little quicker.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Someone needs to tell Trump that interracial couples are allowed to get married in the USA.  That might help the Big Macs do their job a little quicker.

Nah let's leave him to be himself. He seems to be quite happy to torpedo his chances all on his own.

• Vintage 2

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

Nah let's leave him to be himself. He seems to be quite happy to torpedo his chances all on his own.

Don't think that comment will hurt him much tbh. 

The one last week was worse, much greater material for his opponents (despite being taken out of context). That was Trump stepping on a rake big time.

37 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Don't think that comment will hurt him much tbh. 

The one last week was worse, much greater material for his opponents (despite being taken out of context). That was Trump stepping on a rake big time.

That's kind of sad don't you think? 

• Cheers 2