US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

53 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Interesting strategy to double down on racism.

Of course she knows her roots.

I can see them from here, time to hit the hair salon lady. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Contenders, but the Brits have centuries on them. 

I thought of Kahn but then decided he at least worked hard to repopulate. 

1 in every 200 people are related to him. 

What about the Borgias?

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, StrayDog said:

What about the Borgias?

Yup,

and I think we have at least established that the Bush's have some competition 😆

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

If anyone cares betting markets have Shapiro running at 66% for Harris' VP.

Mark Kelly has dropped like a stone down to 8%. Andy Beshear is running at 14%

Shapiro delivering Pennsylvania would be huge.  Kelly needs to stay on in the Senate for control.  I still prefer Pete Buttigieg, but this is too important of an election to take the risk.

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Shapiro delivering Pennsylvania would be huge.  Kelly needs to stay on in the Senate for control.  I still prefer Pete Buttigieg, but this is too important of an election to take the risk.

Penn is the biggest prize on the toss up electoral map at 19 electoral votes. Harris can afford to lose Arizona and Georgia (both which Biden won) provided she nails down Penn, Mich, Wisc and Nevada she's at 270. She would need to hold the 1 electoral vote from Nebraska and hold 2 out of 3 from Maine.

• Cheers 1

Vance: Prisoners coming home ‘a testament to Trump’s strength’

Sen. JD Vance (R-Ohio) suggested Thursday that fear of a second Trump administration motivated Russia to agree to the historic prisoner swap with the U.S.

Vance, former President Trump’s 2024 running mate, called the prisoner exchange “great news” in an interview with CNN.

“We certainly want these Americans to come back home. It was ridiculous that they were in prison to begin with,” Vance said.

“But we have to ask ourselves: Why are they coming home? And I think it’s because bad guys all over the world recognize Donald Trump’s about to be back in office, so they’re cleaning house,” he said. “That’s a good thing, and I think it’s a testament to Donald Trump’s strength.”

The prisoner swap, which involved seven countries, was the largest prisoner swap between the U.S. and Russia since the end of the Cold War.

Biden’s national security adviser Jake Sullivan was asked about Vance’s remarks during a White House briefing Thursday.

“I don’t follow,” he said, before moving to the next question.

More than two dozen prisoners were part of the swap, according to the Turkish presidential office, which helped facilitate the exchange. The prisoners were released from the United States, Germany, Poland, Slovenia, Norway, Russia and Belarus.

Among those freed by Russia were Wall Street Journal reporter Evan Gershkovich and former U.S. Marine Paul Whelan, President Biden confirmed in a statement.

Others freed include Alsu Kurmasheva, a dual U.S.-Russian citizen and journalist with Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, and Vladimir Kara-Murza, a U.S. resident and prominent Russian opposition politician. Allies of the late opposition leader Alexei Navalny are reportedly included, as well.

The prisoners freed by the West included Vadim Krasikov, a convicted Russian assassin, according to Turkey.

A reporter asked President Biden on Thursday about Trump previously saying he would have gotten hostages out without giving anything in exchange.

“Why didn’t he do it when he was president?” Biden replied.

Just when I thought he couldn't be any more of a ridiculous cartoon character.

• ThereItIs 2

54 minutes ago, StrayDog said:

And who controls the money and the banks?

Jenna Bush (the most evil person in the world according to you)? Running her syndicate from the Today Show set?

The Rothschild family are the biggest players. They owned the largest fortune in the world in the 19th century. 

The Rothschild family is one of the oldest, wealthiest, and most storied families in history. With roots in banking, the family has continued to grow its wealth in a variety of businesses over the centuries, continuing to wield significant power and money.

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The Rothschild family are the biggest players. They owned the largest fortune in the world in the 19th century. 

The Rothschild family is one of the oldest, wealthiest, and most storied families in history. With roots in banking, the family has continued to grow its wealth in a variety of businesses over the centuries, continuing to wield significant power and money.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Prescott Bush founded the Deep State along with the evil bankers. Trump has nothing on the Bush family. The Bush family are the most evil family in history. 

if there ever was a "deep state" I'm quite confident you wouldn't know about them. 

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, stawns said:

Never underestimate the power of thinking you're in on a secret that most people do t know!

I guess 🤣

I think folks like Petey spread this stuff because it just adds to the distraction. If you're reading it and going down his rabbit holes you're spending less time on important topics. Its been the con strategy for a while now.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

37 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Ah, ok. So we are back to the Jews being the power behind everything wrong with the world. That's quite the antisemitic path you're taking.

Are they more or less evil than the Bush family?

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, StrayDog said:

Ah, ok. So we are back to the Jews being the power behind everything wrong with the world. That's quite the antisemitic path you're taking.

Are they more or less evil than the Bush family?

So people can’t talk about the Rothschild family in a negative way without being called antisemites?  

You do realize that Trump’s family is Jewish right? 

Well they control the money so I would say the Rothschild family are about equal to the Bush family. But the Bush family have been more out in the open about their wickedness. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So people can’t talk about the Rothschild family in a negative way without being called antisemites?  

You do realize that Trump’s family is Jewish right? 

Many Rothschild conspiracy theories are based in antisemitism. Do you have proof of their involvement in any of the attempted assassinations?

And what does Trump's family being Jewish have to do with anything here?

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, StrayDog said:

Many Rothschild conspiracy theories are based in antisemitism. Do you have proof of their involvement in any of the attempted assassinations?

And what does Trump's family being Jewish have to do with anything here?

I already said that the Bush family was ALLEGEDLY (my own opinion) involved in assassination attempts. Nothing to do with the Rothschild family who control the money. 

Because people criticize Trump’s family all the time. They are Jewish. So obviously you can criticize Jewish people without being labeled an antisemite, correct?

Edited by Elias Pettersson

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I already said that the Bush family was ALLEGEDLY (my own opinion) involved in assassination attempts. Nothing to do with the Rothschild family who control the money. 

Because people criticize Trump’s family all the time. They are Jewish. So obviously you can criticize Jewish people without being labeled an antisemite, correct?

who's "they" specifically? 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

I already said that the Bush family is ALLEGEDLY involved in assassination attempts. Nothing to do with the Rothschild family who control the money. 

Wait... I need a playbill here. You said the Deep State is responsible for the attempted assassinations (as well as JFK's death), and named the Bush family plus others as part of the Deep State. You then said to follow the money to find the root of the Deep State, which you said was the Rothschild family. So are they or are they not involved in the Deep State? And therefore part of the attempts on Reagan and Bush (oh, and 9/11 as well.....)

Yes, you can criticize Jewish people without being an antisemite. However, when your conspiracy theory rests on the "evil Jewish banker" trope, I call antisemitism....

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, StrayDog said:

Wait... I need a playbill here. You said the Deep State is responsible for the attempted assassinations (as well as JFK's death), and named the Bush family plus others as part of the Deep State. You then said to follow the money to find the root of the Deep State, which you said was the Rothschild family. So are they or are they not involved in the Deep State? And therefore part of the attempts on Reagan and Bush (oh, and 9/11 as well.....)

Yes, you can criticize Jewish people without being an antisemite. However, when your conspiracy theory rests on the "evil Jewish banker" trope, I call antisemitism....

Sorry, your antisemite comments are out to lunch. Is there any reason why this interests you so much for you to follow along and then personally attack me at the end?  Such a weird flex. 

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Sorry, your antisemite comments are out to lunch. Is there any reason why this interests you so much for you to follow along and then personally attack me at the end?  Such a weird flex. 

My weird flex? You're the one claiming the Rothschilds are behind any number of heinous acts and now trying to backtrack on them. I'm pointing out that the statements you made are antisemitic in nature. You clearly disagree.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I'd also like to point out you've totally deflected from your Deep State dive.....

• Cheers 2