US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

39 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Aren’t the Bush family Republicans?  That kinda dismisses your argument that the Deep State is a left wing group doesn’t it?  

Trump isn’t a Republican. He is MAGA. That is a faction of the Republican Party. Most normal Republicans actually hate Trump. So it’s not a left or right thing. JFK was a Democrat was he not?  So why would a left wing Deep State want to kill him?  Reagan was from California. He was an actor. So he wasn’t part of the Republican Deep State either. Trump used to be a Democrat. He’s never really been a Republican either for most of his life. 

Anyways, this is all my opinion. If you want to believe the one shooter theory for JFK when the JFK files that were released proved there was a second gunman then by all means go for it. Same with Trump. I guess the Secret Service is just really incompetent. 

trump is not an anything except for a trump. 

Was listening to a fascinating interview with Brody Mullins, a Pulitzer prize winning journalist who has written a book with his  brother called, 

The Wolves of K Street.

The Secret of How Big Money Took Over Government. 

K Street is a major road in Washington that is home to many of the political lobby groups. 

These fuckers not only give money to both parties, they try and influence voters in politicians electorates, so that will force the politicians to enact the policies they want enacted.

As those of us who have put the work in researching politics know, the politicians are middle management at best. 

Yet another book on my must read list.

Edited by Ilunga
  • ThereItIs 1

34 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

trump is not an anything except for a trump. 

Was listening to a fascinating interview with Brody Mullins, a Pulitzer prize winning journalist who has written a book with his  brother called, 

The Wolves of K Street.

The Secret of How Big Money Took Over Government. 

K Street is a major road in Washington that is home to many of the political lobby groups. 

These fuckers not only give money to both parties, they try and influence voters in politicians electorates, so that will force the politicians to enact the policies they want enacted.

As those of us who have put the work in researching politics know, the politicians are middle management at best. 

Yet another book on my must read list.

hehe, bang on. Locally we have a former Mayor of a suburb of Victoria, BC, Canada... I used to bump into him at events with Justin Trudeau in attendance, we all had our party credentials to get in... Then my sister in law who is very right wing and really hates trudeau was talking to me about an event she went to for Pierre Poilievre, and she was naming folks she ran into, and wouldn't you know it, Stew Young was right there gladhanding the opposition. it too was a card carying member only event. 
Stew Young, one of the richest ex mayors in BC, two faced slimeball. He even sort of looks like this guy from an amazing Dolly Parton movie.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Yikes.. idk man. I know the Dems were in a tough spot but..

Very interested to see her first debate with Trump.

I think she'll do just fine against an openly racist child molester who is severely mentally handicapped, but that's just me.  She's spent all of her career putting piece of shit like Trump in prison where they belong.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Like 3

It's amazing the see the progressive medias agenda & malfeasance exposed in real time. The managerial class has lots it's control over 'information' and it's a wonderful thing for transparency, democracy, & liberty. 

Elon buying twitter was one of the best developments for media in recent history imo. Not that everything is great with X, but it's worth the trade off. Having the site not be colluding with the agencies is very important & community notes in particular is fantastic.

• Desmenko 1

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

It's amazing the see the progressive medias agenda & malfeasance exposed in real time. The managerial class has lots it's control over 'information' and it's a wonderful thing for transparency, democracy, & liberty. 

Elon buying twitter was one of the best developments for media in recent history imo. Not that everything is great with X, but it's worth the trade off. Having the site not be colluding with the agencies is very important & community notes in particular is fantastic.

You think that Twitter being run by a criminally insane neo-Nazi who is attempting to become a real-life Bond villain is a good thing?

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I think she'll do just fine against an openly racist child molester who is severely mentally handicapped, but that's just me.

Last time I brought up doubt/criticism about Kamala alot of people jumped to this attack on Trump aswell (despite me not mentioning him in that original prior post).

But the thing is no matter how much the anti-Trump crowd hates him, he's already  established & he has a very strong base. He makes alot of mistakes & anyone is fair to criticize him, but that's the reality.

The other issue for Kamala is she's tied to the Biden regime. She participated in the dishonesty about his health. She was appointed to be in charge of the border (which is a massive issue for voters), so rightly or wrongly she'll have to carry that unlike a different candidate.

I do wonder if they'd consider someone else, but they are kind of out of time & there's not many obvious choices either.

• Desmenko 1

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

You think that Twitter being run by a criminally insane neo-Nazi who is attempting to become a real-life Bond villain is a good thing?

That's your characterization not mine, but yes.

The 3 letter agencies shouldn't be colluding with social media platforms to manipulate information & unjustly ban accounts, it's anti-democratic, and that won't happen on twitter now.

Also Community Notes is a fantastic tool to set the record straight on mis-information in real time, and it's not strictly partisan like Twitter was before I've seen plenty of them both going ways

• Desmenko 1

@King Heffy I'm watching Trumps speech at the Bitcoin conference right now, he has no idea what he's talking about and is doing his usual rambling about how great he is & how great everything will be once he's in. And the crowd whom have their own non-MAGA pov isn't responding to it.

It's really bad. He's not as good as this as he was in 2016. Yet despite the bar being so low he still ended Biden's campaign in the last debate, and is a better talker than Kamala even now. It's pretty insane tbh.

Edited by Smashian Kassian
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

@King Heffy I'm watching Trumps speech at the Bitcoin conference right now, he has no idea what he's talking about and is doing his usual rambling about how great he is & how great everything will be once he's in. And the crowd whom have their own non-MAGA pov isn't responding to it.

It's really bad. He's not as good as this as he was in 2016. Yet despite the bar being so low he still ended Biden's campaign in the last debate, and is a better talker than Kamala even now. It's pretty insane tbh.

But he's talking shit. Are we supposed to be impressed that he can speak in words? 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

But he's talking shit. Are we supposed to be impressed that he can speak in words? 

Compared to what he's going up against (people who can't), yes I guess so?  

He can put together sentences just fine & make his point. The problem is he's so egotistical that he often doesn't care to understand the issue & instead just promises he'll fix it because of how great he is. 

Speaking analytically;

He has a great opportunity as the only anti-establishment candidate that's in a position to win (RFK can't), and at times he has good rhetoric to appeal to those voters, but they also know he got walked all over his first term, didn't reduce the size of govt at all, & doesn't seem to have learned a thing. Yet even rhen he'll still get alot of votes from those disenfranchised non-MAGA voters b/c his opposition represents the status quo. Despite him verbally stepping on a rake seemingly every week. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Am  the only one that thinks Trump is trying to lose on purpose?  No one can be that dumb.  Then he grifts the cult for more money.

Trump’s Campaign Is Falling Apart — And It’s All His Fault

https://www.mediaite.com/opinion/trumps-campaign-is-falling-apart-and-its-all-his-fault/

“Smarter” ( and take that with a pill)

minds have left his campaign,

he is surrounded now by people who know less about politics, agenda ,  and correctness , to watch over or guide him.

This now is the “uncensored “ Trump,.  The “ REAL DEAL “ running his own show.

• Cheers 1

BREAKING: Donald Trump suffers a crushing defeat as a New York appeals court rejects his challenge to the gag order in his hush money criminal case — meaning he cannot speak about prosecutors and others involved in the case until he's sentenced.

And it gets even better...

Judge Juan Merchan is set to deliver sentencing on September 18th, just seven weeks out from the election on November 5th. 

"Justice Merchan did not act in excess of jurisdiction by maintaining the narrowly tailored protections," the court said.

That means Trump will have to spend most of his campaign muzzled, unable to spread his lies and smears about the case. 

Since Kamala Harris has the issues cornered — and Trump's only electoral tool at this point is whining — this constitutes a major setback for him.

Please retweet and  to thank the court for not caving to Trump — and consider joining the growing exodus to Tribel, a new pro-democracy social network that is exploding in popularity because Twitter and Facebook are trying to stop its growth — which is only making Tribel grow even faster. Please follow us on Tribel to get all of our breaking news alerts sent straight to your phone or computer by clicking the following link: tribel.app.link/okwPIHYCIqb

7 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Compared to what he's going up against (people who can't), yes I guess so?  

He can put together sentences just fine & make his point. The problem is he's so egotistical that he often doesn't care to understand the issue & instead just promises he'll fix it because of how great he is. 

Do you think Harris could be an AG without the ability to speak clearly? 

7 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Speaking analytically;

He has a great opportunity as the only anti-establishment candidate that's in a position to win (RFK can't), and at times he has good rhetoric to appeal to those voters, but they also know he got walked all over his first term, didn't reduce the size of govt at all, & doesn't seem to have learned a thing. Yet even rhen he'll still get alot of votes from those disenfranchised non-MAGA voters b/c his opposition represents the status quo. Despite him verbally stepping on a rake seemingly every week. 

How is trump anti-establishment? By stacking the SC with religious cons? Pandering to wall st? 

Trump never did anything for poor republicans but give them a show 

• Cheers 3

8 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Is there any politician who does not play the race card these days? They all do it without missing a beat. Trump calls Harris out and that is fair game. He does that but has on his own campaign used black surrogates to 'pump' his tires. No different in Canada, even worse in some cases. 'Reconciliation' is being used by many to line pockets.  

8 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Disagree....

Biden ended Biden's candidacy in that debate. Trump was his usual lying, moronic self.

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 2

9 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

That's your characterization not mine, but yes.

The 3 letter agencies shouldn't be colluding with social media platforms to manipulate information & unjustly ban accounts, it's anti-democratic, and that won't happen on twitter now.

Also Community Notes is a fantastic tool to set the record straight on mis-information in real time, and it's not strictly partisan like Twitter was before I've seen plenty of them both going ways

To be clear x is making space for hate .... Not providing anything democratic 

To be ok with Elon and X one must accept hate as normal and entitled to an equal place in society 

This is by design to normalize hate and it has been very very successful 

The new definition of Woke is any ideology or policy in conflict with hate 

Where we are taking about facts there should never be censorship..... Shutting the door on  hateful and false information isn't censorship.....  There is a huge difference 

Edited by Sapper
  • Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Is there any politician who does not play the race card these days? They all do it without missing a beat. Trump calls Harris out and that is fair game. He does that but has on his own campaign used black surrogates to 'pump' his tires. No different in Canada, even worse in some cases. 'Reconciliation' is being used by many to line pockets.  

How did Harris play the "race card" against Trump? did she question how white he really is? 

• Cheers 2