US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

But for decades, Trump denied this German heritage altogether, instead claiming that his grandfather’s roots lay further north, in Scandinavia. “[He] came here from Sweden as a child,” Trump asserted in his co-written book The Art of the Deal. In fact, his cousin and family historian John Walter told The New York Times, Trump maintained the ruse at the request of his own realtor father, Fred Trump, who had obfuscated his German ancestry to avoid upsetting Jewish friends and clients. “After the war,” Walter told the Times, “he’s still Swedish. [The lie] was just going, going, going.”

https://www.history.com/news/donald-trump-father-mother-ancestry

I've been thinking about the fun that is deep state.

You all ever heard about Trump's uncle John snagging the Tesla papers for the FBI from his hotel room in 1943?

So, obviously DT is a puppet for this deep state. His family has been involved for decades. 🤔

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

11 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

But for decades, Trump denied this German heritage altogether, instead claiming that his grandfather’s roots lay further north, in Scandinavia. “[He] came here from Sweden as a child,” Trump asserted in his co-written book The Art of the Deal. In fact, his cousin and family historian John Walter told The New York Times, Trump maintained the ruse at the request of his own realtor father, Fred Trump, who had obfuscated his German ancestry to avoid upsetting Jewish friends and clients. “After the war,” Walter told the Times, “he’s still Swedish. [The lie] was just going, going, going.”

https://www.history.com/news/donald-trump-father-mother-ancestry

If this pos does in fact debate Kamala, she should ask, “where in Sweden are you from?”

3 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

If this pos does in fact debate Kamala, she should ask, “where in Sweden are you from?”

that would be funny, particularly if she brings an earmarked copy of his stupid book and reads the passage where he lies about being Swedish. I'd love to see that. 

15 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I've been thinking about the fun that is deep state.

You all ever heard about Trump's uncle John snagging the Tesla papers for the FBI from his hotel room in 1943?

So, obviously DT is a puppet for this deep state. His family has been involved for decades. 🤔

So if I'm hearing you correctly, and I think I am, Elon is actually Donalds secret son, groomed to run Tesla so he could eventually buy Twitter so the Trumps can control the media? 

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

that would be funny, particularly if she brings an earmarked copy of his stupid book and reads the passage where he lies about being Swedish. I'd love to see that. 

My only concern would be is that he wouldn't know what or where Sweden was.

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

So if I'm hearing you correctly, and I think I am, Elon is actually Donalds secret son, groomed to run Tesla so he could eventually buy Twitter so the Trumps can control the media? 

But I might be seeing what you're laying down. 

Trump has all Nikola Tesla's secrets, he is helping Elon's ambitions by sharing them, in return he gets Elon's support. 

No wonder Elon called one of his companies Tesla.

The plot thickens...

• ThereItIs 1

For your edification, or for you to ignore since it goes against the preferred narrative...

It's insane to me that these people freely admit being non-citizens.  When I lived in the southwest for a while, illegals were afraid to answer their doors.  Now they're registering and voting in elections that they have no business voting in.

28 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

For your edification, or for you to ignore since it goes against the preferred narrative...

It's insane to me that these people freely admit being non-citizens.  When I lived in the southwest for a while, illegals were afraid to answer their doors.  Now they're registering and voting in elections that they have no business voting in.

Aren't there any checks and balances for this kind of thing? I'm not clear on how this happens, outside of people admitting that they are committing fraud?

Edited by Bob Long

29 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Whats the preferred narrative in your country?

I thought Trump was still in the lead ( or things were close) ? and isnt the illegal thing something both parites are concerned about?

You shoot from both hips so I'm not sure which trigger youre pulling.

Also, how many people did they talk to? They call it staggering at 14%....but how big is the sample size? numerous? ( how many is that?)

32 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I won't try to belittle this issue but I'm not sure the Oversight Project, AKA The Heritage Foundation, are the ones I would turn to to get valid information about it.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

He turned against the dear orange leader and now people are angry with him...   😆

GT-bMWZbsAAZM_W?format=jpg&name=large

I dont understand what I am looking at.

What did Kyle say/do?

Is that a tweet? I dont see an 'X' ...is it a tiktok? 

Who blocked him? why?

I feel old sometimes...🥴

3 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

That microphone would have been “hot”,

I wonder how much more dialogue is being investigated..

So that's 5 people 'in on it' at least from that pic.

...probably gotta be dozens more to pull off the trick.  

If what this tweet is implying is true...there will be mulitiple leaks coming out to confirm it over time.

Or, Trump could have simply grasped an opportunity and milked it.

I know how it looked. 

When it happened, in this thread, I stated that everything was just perfect, it was amazing. When the first 'fist raised' pic came out i commented that it was iconic looking. Just perfect, couldnt have gone better for Trump. 

Still, it would take a lot of people to pull off a pantomime.

So, I'm sticking with. Bad security. Kid missed, kinda, clipped an ear. 

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Aren't there any checks and balances for this kind of thing? I'm not clear on how this happens, outside of people admitting that they are committing fraud?

In a state like Georgia, they're most likely committing fraud.  Here in NY, it's easy to register to vote.  In a purple state like Georgia, it's likely a bit tougher.  There are people who sell identities to illegals so they can vote, get a job, get a license, etc., etc.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I dont understand what I am looking at.

What did Kyle say/do?

Is that a tweet? I dont see an 'X' ...is it a tiktok? 

Who blocked him? why?

I feel old sometimes...🥴

He's not voting for the Dear Leader.  He's writing in Ron Paul's name on his ballot.  MAGA is losing their sh*t over it.  😂

If they ever saw my last 3 general election ballots, they'd drag me out onto the street and shoot me.  My vote for Schumer in the Senate would be enough to get me hung.  🤣

• Cheers 1

50 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I'm going with "Ignore". It's a bullshit video from a group associated with the Heritage Foundation.

• Cheers 2

54 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Meanwhile, also in Georgia:

https://www.apmreports.org/story/2018/10/19/georgia-voter-purge

Even by Georgia standards, the voter purge of late July 2017 was remarkable. In a single day, more than half a million people — 8 percent of Georgia's registered voters — were cut from the voter rolls. Republican Secretary of State Brian Kemp, an avid supporter of President Donald Trump who has described himself as a "politically incorrect conservative," oversaw the removals eight months after he'd declared himself a candidate for governor.

The purge was noteworthy for another reason: For an estimated 107,000 of those people, their removal from the voter rolls was triggered not because they moved or died or went to prison, but rather because they had decided not to vote in prior elections, according to an APM Reports analysis. Many of those previously registered voters may not even realize they've been dropped from the rolls. If they show up at the polls on Nov. 6 to vote in the heated Georgia governor's race, they won't be allowed to cast a ballot.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

He's not voting for the Dear Leader.  He's writing in Ron Paul's name on his ballot.  MAGA is losing their sh*t over it.  😂

If they ever saw my last 3 general election ballots, they'd drag me out onto the street and shoot me.  My vote for Schumer in the Senate would be enough to get me hung.  🤣

So he got blocked on a platform due to that?

12 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

In a state like Georgia, they're most likely committing fraud.  Here in NY, it's easy to register to vote.  In a purple state like Georgia, it's likely a bit tougher.  There are people who sell identities to illegals so they can vote, get a job, get a license, etc., etc.

Ah OK. So not really a political plot one way or another, just good old fraud. 

I wonder what would happen to the US economy without these people? 

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

If Rupe's assertion below is correct:

13 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I'm going with "Ignore". It's a bullshit video from a group associated with the Heritage Foundation.

...then the rage they're trying to provoke is misplaced.  It should fall squarely on the controls that the elections office should have in GA (and other states) to do their due diligence in determining of someone who registers as a voter has the necessary requirements to become a voter.  Sure, it sucks that there are people looking the defraud the system, but it happens everywhere and it's incumbent upon the agency delivering the election to ensure it's fair.

Edited by 6of1_halfdozenofother

15 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I won't try to belittle this issue but I'm not sure the Oversight Project, AKA The Heritage Foundation, are the ones I would turn to to get valid information about it.

I wouldn't just attack the source.  That's not a solid argument.  This has been a valid concern in the US for many years. 

When I lived in the Southwest, I was still in my 20's and knew I'd likely move back to Buffalo, so I rented.  The final place I rented an apartment at was eventually bought by a small company that was only interested in maximizing profit, so they told the complex manager to keep the fill rate high.  So she started to rent to illegal immigrants.  The head maintenance guy who was the complex manager's husband told me that they were even afraid to open their doors for fear that they'd get turned into immigration.  That's obviously no longer the case in the US, since these illegals were more than happy to admit that they were breaking the law.

I'm not nailing just the one party because the other party wants the cheap labour, but doesn't want to accept the risk of getting voted against.

As I predicted months and months ago, the one party has already suggested making the recent rush of millions of immigrants, citizens.  It will boost their voter numbers until they inevitably start voting for the other party.  South American people are preferential towards hard line leaders and the other party fits that bill.