US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

17 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Hmmm…whatever other amendment could he be talking about? 

Assuming this is real, and I sure hope it is, did anyone really believe he could keep his mouth shut? Putting a gag order on this guy is shooting fish in a barrel.

I've seen it from a couple of sources, but I'm not on that platform, I can't verify.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Playoff Beered said:

"More rights than just the first amendment" a reference to the second amendment? A call for violence? And calling the black judge a monkey!!

Let's get this party started...

image.png.83b70afca7a622f41687024d7ba63dfa.png

It's probably not where Bone Spurs was going, but the Left is going to have a field day with the inclusion of the word "monkeys" in that post....

• Cheers 2

7 hours ago, 4petesake said:

Hmmm…whatever other amendment could he be talking about? 

Assuming this is real, and I sure hope it is, did anyone really believe he could keep his mouth shut? Putting a gag order on this guy is shooting fish in a barrel.

Actually, I think he might be clear of the gag order on this one. Chutkan prohibited attacks on the prosecutors and their staff, as well as potential witnesses....I don't believe she included anything about attacks against herself, or the Biden administration and it's Justice Department.

That being said, he's clearly testing to see how far he can push the envelope.

• Cheers 2

48 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Never mind the hyperbole in the description but this lady really did just verbally humiliate him.

...and she's certainly not wrong....

That being said, I give VR credit for letting her finish. Not a chance in hell that would have happened if it had been Porky Prig holding the Town Hall.

• Cheers 2

Jim Jordan won't be speaker on the first vote

• Nine Republican voters have already voted for others

It took Kevin McCarthy 15 votes to get elected as speaker so it's not over for Jordan but we'll see how it goes from here. Congress is voting and he's already lost 9 votes, which is more than the 5 he could afford to lose.

• Don Bacon
  • Lori Chavez-DeRemer
  • Anthony D'Esposito
  • Mario Diaz-Balart
  • Jake Ellzey
  • Andrew Garbarino
  • Carlos Giminez
  • Tony Gonzales

They have all voted for other candidates and the votes are still coming in (as you can see above, they're only on the letter 'G' as they vote alphabetically).

Some candidates have indicated they would only vote for Jordan on the first ballot as well, so it could get testy from here.

Punchbowl indicated that he would need to get around 200 votes to keep his candidacy alive.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Nothing beats that fly that landed on Pence while back.

Must be something about right wing politicians.....

Just now, Johngould21 said:

...and I'd like to ask what the hell is going on in this man's mind??? 

Absolutely nothing....

31 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

It took Kevin McCarthy 15 votes to get elected as speaker so it's not over for Jordan but we'll see how it goes from here. Congress is voting and he's already lost 9 votes, which is more than the 5 he could afford to lose.

• Don Bacon
  • Lori Chavez-DeRemer
  • Anthony D'Esposito
  • Mario Diaz-Balart
  • Jake Ellzey
  • Andrew Garbarino
  • Carlos Giminez
  • Tony Gonzales

They have all voted for other candidates and the votes are still coming in (as you can see above, they're only on the letter 'G' as they vote alphabetically).

Some candidates have indicated they would only vote for Jordan on the first ballot as well, so it could get testy from here.

Punchbowl indicated that he would need to get around 200 votes to keep his candidacy alive.

Haha lost 20 votes 🤣

Well 2nd round will be more telling. 

Clocks ticking on these fools.  The QOP majority Congress needs to get their crap together, as they have about a month before the CR they passed just before McCarthy was removed expires.  Going to be a lot of angry Americans if the government shuts down going into Thanksgiving and Black Friday sales.  Tick Tock 

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, Playoff Beered said:

"More rights than just the first amendment" a reference to the second amendment? A call for violence? And calling the black judge a monkey!!

Let's get this party started...

image.png.83b70afca7a622f41687024d7ba63dfa.png

Now maybe this is a reach but Trump talking about an african american judge and mentioning the word or term monkeys running the sylum.....

Just saying.  We ALL know what the word means when spoken against or towards a person of african american heritage.  Slip of the tongue or?

• ThereItIs 1

6 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

• Don Bacon
  • Lori Chavez-DeRemer
  • Anthony D'Esposito
  • Mario Diaz-Balart
  • Jake Ellzey
  • Andrew Garbarino
  • Carlos Giminez
  • Tony Gonzales

🤣

• Haha 3