US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

Even though i doubt it cause he could just say the election is rigged again.

Getting pardoned would be a big incentive. However, that would be very lame if he was pardoned imo.

That said, during the debate he said that he was only running this time to save America from another Joe Biden term.  (or something like that)

So, he kinda has an out.

That's true, but he's also said that Kamala is "worse" than Biden, so once again, his big mouth has ruined something for him....

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

Sure. I bet pardons and revenge are high on his list. 

I dont put it past his ego though to be actually running to become the last POTUS.

He can then hand down the crown to one of his kids, probably the pretty lady one. 

The pretty lady pretty much cut all ties with daddy. 

At this point he probably try to pass it to Barron if he has the chance given how stupid Jr and Eric are. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

I think they would fall into the same issue that the Dems were in.  The campaign funds could only really go to Vance.  Any other candidate would have a severe financial issue funding a POTUS campaign.

There are also deadline issues for ballots as it is likely that TRUMPs name has already been submitted by the RNC as their candidate. 

Not a problem....The RNC would just release the brand new gold lame' Trump-Vance couch, with the dolphin armrests....$699....

....and for an extra $300 bucks, you get one that JD has rubbed his junk on....

10292020_Trump-Rally_160737.webp.078977accfc58a252182c420a3569e5b.webp

Take my money! Take my money!

2 hours ago, Jaimito said:

When I applied for greencard via sponsor from my American wife, I got denied.  I can say without a doubt his policies put up more barriers and made things slow. 

Ironically, my father in law has connections with GOP and made some phone calls. Got my interview within weeks and approved. 

The whole system is fucked up. 

Not like Biden is any better. 

I am going through the process right now and the fact it takes 5 month for Department of Labor to classify a job for perm is ridiculous let along the year long processing after recruitment. 

It is like a ridiculous 3 year process at best. 

2 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

So, interesting, Anthony Scaramucci thinks that Trump could drop out of this race if polling starts to go really bad in the next 2 weeks and that he would withdraw instead of losing, potentially badly, to a woman.

Kind of hints at there might be a back room deal happen where he would drop out if there's an agreement that he gets a pardon for any criminal prosecutions.

There might be some of the higher up Republicans who push him to do this so that they can try and recover at some level.

Heard that podcast too. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Biden cares more about the country than he does the Presidency. If he could issue a pardon in exchange for Trump drifting into oblivion, I don't think he would hesitate to do it. It could save additional lives in the transition.

Why would. Biden pardon Trump when Trump want to drop out because he is gonna loss big?

It makes zero sense and ruin the Dem campaign at the same time. Backstabbing Harris and the whole campaign message that no one is above the law. 

It is nonsensical. GOP establishment may want Trump out but they are stuck with him unless the guy dies or flee to Russia. 

Edited by 24K
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, 24K said:

Not like Biden is any better. 

I am going through the process right now and the fact it takes 5 month for Department of Labor to classify a job for perm is ridiculous let along the year long processing after recruitment. 

It is like a ridiculous 3 year process at best. 

Yup. Biden didn't clean it up fast enough. The back log is ridiculous. To remove my conditional status, I got a letter that extended my 2 yr greencard by additional 4 yrs while they check if I'm really married for the right reason and not fraud. 

Immigration reform is a political football that gets kicked down the line every time and no one solves it.  A bipartisan bill recently got torpedo by Trump since it won't help his election chances. 

Just now, Jaimito said:

Yup. Biden didn't clean it up fast enough. The back log is ridiculous. To remove my conditional status, I got a letter that extended my 2 yr greencard by additional 4 yrs while they check if I'm really married for the right reason and not fraud. 

Immigration reform is a political football that gets kicked down the line every time and no one solves it.  A bipartisan bill recently got torpedo by Trump since it won't help his election chances. 

That bill doesn't address legal immigration much. FYI. 

Only allowed children aging out at 21 more time to be on their parent's permanent residence app. 

Nothing of significance was in that bill for other people seeking green card. 

Honestly I didn't even want to do this if not for h1b having a 6 year lifetime time limit. Should had just stayed on TN instead now in a golden handcuff with my employer. 

56 minutes ago, 24K said:

Why would. Iden pardon Trump when Trump want to drop out because he is gonna loss big?

It makes zero sense and ruin the Dem campaign at the same time. Backstabbing Harris and the whole campaign message that no one si above the law. 

It is nonsensical. GOP establishment may want Trump out but they are stuck with him unless the guy dies or flee to Russia. 

Yep.  Better off to lean into putting Trump in prison and denazification of the SCOTUS.  Send his followers a message that they will be held accountable if they commit the same crimes against humanity that he did.

Team Obama is back:

Plouffe is Obama's 2008 Campaign manager. 

Cutter 2008 Senior advisor, 2012 campaign manager 

Stewart 2008 and 2012 Battleground States Director

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Does BC have good wineries?  I'm not a wine drinker, but I've been considering buying and sampling some sweet reds.  Any suggestions?

Lots of great wineries, particularly in the South Okanagan region, from Kelowna to the US border. Summerhill makes some great reds, as does LaStella, Burrowing Owl etc etc. Just google Okanagan wineries and take it from there.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Not quite Kool-aid for adults sweet, but sweet enough to get acclimated to the taste of wine.  When I try to get into wines, I usually don't enjoy it enough to bother to get acclimated to it.

I gave up beer and liquor about 20 years ago, but I wouldn't mind socially drinking wine.

Try some Cabernet Sauvignon, aka Cab Sav. Warm and rich. Great with steak. 
Gotta go and eat!

Edited by PistolPete13
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

This is where I'm at too tbh

This should probably be one of the bigger stories of the decade, instead alot of the corporate media stopped pushing it mere weeks later. 

I could be wrong but I don’t recall public press conferences by the Secret Service and local police departments after Reagan was shot. Rebuilding trust is from a bygone era, no matter what is done or said a large segment of the population won’t believe it and stick to their own theories as fact.

2 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Things surrounding this continue to get more & more bizarre.

If the Chinese Communist Party was involved he'd be dead. President Xi doesn't send a 20 year old loser nobody who couldn't make a shot from less than 150 yards.

• Vintage 2

20 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Wow I did not see this yesterday.

No one fights harder against transparency under democracy than the government. 

While I don't have much faith in Governments there are plenty of sources that covering this story.

Including updating the information.

" Defense Secretary overrides plea agreement for Khalid Shaikh Mohammad and two other 9/11 defendants " 

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2024-08-02/defense-secretary-overrides-plea-agreement-for-accused-9-11-mastermind-and-two-other-defendants

• Thanks 2
  • ThereItIs 1

20 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

While I don't have much faith in Governments there are plenty of sources that covering this story.

Including updating the information.

" Defense Secretary overrides plea agreement for Khalid Shaikh Mohammad and two other 9/11 defendants " 

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2024-08-02/defense-secretary-overrides-plea-agreement-for-accused-9-11-mastermind-and-two-other-defendants

TBH I don’t see the difference between the plea deal and Austin quashing it. The defendants will likely spend the rest of their days in prison either way as it’s unlikely the trio will ever be tried because of the inadmissibility of evidence acquired by torture. 

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1