US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

6 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

It's about keeping the peace. Transitioning between administration without Trump getting people riled up and rioting etc would be an attractive option for Biden.

Even if they convict Trump more on other charges, it's not easy to put him in Prison. You still need to put secret service people there to protect him. 

If he was to agree to plead out, face something like probation and some other restrictions, it's a deal that could happen.

You could also just take the secret service away and let him fend for himself in gen pop, which is the better solution.  Send a strong message that his crimes against humanity are not acceptable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

But it's a totally reliable video clip from a Xitter account supported by the Heritage fund, using totally legit footage taken by Muckraker.com

I guess that makes me 4 for 4....

That was fast, did you win the accuracy comp? 

Some good news out of Arizona. (I know, it felt weird even typing it)....

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/arizona-attorney-general-first-fake-elector-agreed-to-flip-in-maga-election-plot-case/ar-AA1o9lWu?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=db44f85814994e8b9d89dedf6043189a&ei=24

One of the "fake electors" indicted in Arizona for the plot to overturn the election results in that state has agreed to cooperate with prosecutors, state Attorney General Kris Mayes said Friday.

"We are going to have a very significant announcement to make early next week," Mayes told 12 News' "Sunday Square Off." When she was asked if this means one of the electors plans to flip, she said, "I think that's accurate," and added, "We're making progress in the case, and we feel good about the case."

image.gif.68d39c098775eb27dcbda2be67cc3c9d.gif

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Nate Silver has effed up too much for me to believe him.  He had Hillary crushing Trump by a huge margin.  I only remember because Silver was the biggest reason that I thought that Hillary was going to win that election. 

I prefer an amalgamation and averaging of the major independent non-partisan polls.  Those still have the race as a toss-up with at least half of the swing states too close to call.

You don't consider 270-268 a toss up?

No wonder he once called el-Sisi his favourite dictator.

$10M cash withdrawal drove secret probe into whether Trump took money from Egypt

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Seems risky for the GOP to assume that but who knows, maybe they are right. Otoh they picked Vance. 

Trump took the advice of 2 dumbasses and picked Vance.  Apparently most Republicans weren't happy with the pick.  We can see why.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

A toss up that likely results in a TRUMP win.

I don't care which of the two becomes president so long as neither party has complete control.  If the Republicans take back the Senate, and keep the House, I want Kamala to win.  If the Democrats pull off a near miracle and keep the Senate and take back the House, I want Trump to get the White House.

If the House and Senate splits between the two parties, Kamala and Donny Boy can have a pistol duel in the Rose Garden at high noon to decide the presidency for all I care.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, King Heffy said:

You could also just take the secret service away and let him fend for himself in gen pop, which is the better solution.  Send a strong message that his crimes against humanity are not acceptable.

I feel like hed be like the Colonel in boogie nights

435bb017-cc8f-4416-8644-2d28089ef2d3_text.gif

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I don't care which of the two becomes president so long as neither party has complete control.  If the Republicans take back the Senate, and keep the House, I want Kamala to win.  If the Democrats pull off a near miracle and keep the Senate and take back the House, I want Trump to get the White House.

If the House and Senate splits between the two parties, Kamala and Donny Boy can have a pistol duel in the Rose Garden at high noon to decide the presidency for all I care.

I am assuming your thought is that divide the power so neither party can ram stuff thru. But that means more of a slide downward as they spend to buy votes. How about the other scenario of one party taking all three? Not sure where the voice of sober 2nd thought would come from but there it is. 

2 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Trump took the advice of 2 dumbasses and picked Vance.  Apparently most Republicans weren't happy with the pick.  We can see why.

yea he's a real tool. Vance I mean. 

I wonder if they took advantage of trump being in shock after the shooting? I can see it. Old man was probably in tears behind the scenes before he became his old self again.

51 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

QOP in control has been shown in recent years to be an absolute gong show.  That party has to die and giving them any power is not good for anyone but the wealthy elites.  

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

I am assuming your thought is that divide the power so neither party can ram stuff thru. But that means more of a slide downward as they spend to buy votes. How about the other scenario of one party taking all three? Not sure where the voice of sober 2nd thought would come from but there it is. 

I've seen one side take all 3 before both ways.  They cram whatever they want down everyone's throats.  It will just piss off the other side to the point where they retaliate by becoming more extreme in their views. 

That's how the Tea Party was born and gained power. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

QOP in control has been shown in recent years to be an absolute gong show.  That party has to die and giving them any power is not good for anyone but the wealthy elites.  

Which is one of the reasons why I want a split.  The extremes from either side are more marginalized that way and can't sneak through any legislation.

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Which is one of the reasons why I want a split.  The extremes from either side are more marginalized that way and can't sneak through any legislation.

How would anything get done?

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

yea he's a real tool. Vance I mean. 

I wonder if they took advantage of trump being in shock after the shooting? I can see it. Old man was probably in tears behind the scenes before he became his old self again.

I think Trump chose him because he wanted to flex his "I am the great leader" muscles.  Only a couple of fringe people from the Republicans wanted him to choose Vance.

Just now, Satchmo said:

How would anything get done?

They are forced to compromise.  I'm not one of the people who thinks a good Congressional measurement is how many laws and bills they pass.  Each one they pass often hurts as much or more than it helps.  Especially when they are passing laws to make their donors happy.

@Sabrefan1, the other day I mentioned an article that exposed Republican efforts to disenfranchise voters in Georgia....I found the article.

I'll start off by saying that it's from a decidedly left leaning outlet called Alternet and the author leaves no doubt as to what he thinks about Kemp and other Republicans, but I checked other sources and the facts of the article are supported by several sources, including AP. The voter cancellation website mentioned in the article does exist and the leak of personal voter data did happen. (Confirmed by the Georgia Recorder)

The article is too long to post, but I suggest reading the entire thing....it's an eye opener.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/inside-georgia-s-newest-breathtaking-voter-suppression-scam-opinion/ar-AA1obB4l?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=ba0fa627c60045308ca8f7814c03a30a&ei=20

• Thanks 3