US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Good riddance....

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/trump-donor-known-for-racist-reputation-dies-in-murder-suicide-attempt/ar-AA1ioFK6?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=e07d8c1f3b08458c9b188cd8e97f0c1e&ei=20

A flame-throwing Republican donor to both former President Donald Trump and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis died after bloodying his wife's arm with a round and when she sought help -- turned the gun on himself.

Steve Alembik, 72, was pronounced dead inside of a car after shooting himself in the parking lot of a BurgerFi eatery in Delray Beach, Florida, back on Oct. 10, according to BocaNewsNow.

His wounded wife ran into BurgerFi leaking blood.

She was taken to Delray Medical Center where she is expected to recover.

The man was known to pipe off in racist verbal salvosagainst former Pres. Barack Obama (calling him a "Muslim n-----") to the late Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg.

“I grew up in New York in the ‘50s,” Alembik said. “We were the ki–s. They were the n—s. They were the goyim, and those were the sp–s.”

He once tweeted in 2018 of Justice Ginsberg: “Ruth Bader Ginsburg can’t die soon enough”

The late Alembik was known to be a generous giver to both DeSantis and Trump campaigns to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars, according to the Miami Herald.

Flamboyantly dressed in patriotic red, white and blue flag suits, Alembik once organized a gathering of nearly 400 people at Mar-a-Lago after Trump described how there were "very fine people on both sides" of a Charlottesville where white supremacists marched and clashed with the public and a woman named Heather Heyer died.

When charities pulled their endorsement of the event, Alembik is said to have pressed forward.

“I picked up the phone, I call Mar-a-Lago, they think I’m calling to cancel some other gala or some event, and I said 'No, I’d like to come here and show our support for the president of the United States.”

With 400 people in the grand ballroom of the club, he announced, “This president has had Israel’s back like no president has since the days of Ronald Reagan," according to the Washington Post.

• Cheers 2

🤣

Trump and Ivanka's relationship was 'severely damaged' after he found out she was friends with Christopher Steele, the former MI6 agent says

Former MI6 agent Christopher Steele said that his friendship with Ivanka Trump hurt her relationship with her dad.

• Their relationship was "severely damaged" by the revelation, Steele said on Tuesday.

• The remarks come as part of the former president's case against Steele and his infamous dossier.

Former President Donald Trump's relationship with his daughter Ivanka broke down "severely" when the somewhat awkward news emerged that she had an undisclosed friendship with Christopher Steele, the former MI6 agent said on Tuesday.

Steele made the remarks in a witness statement as part of legal proceedings in London, where Trump is suing Steele's intelligence company over the now-notorious dossier on Trump that Steele wrote in 2016, as the Associated Press reported.

Trump, for his part, rejected Steele's testimony, including the comments about Ivanka.

Trump has accused Orbis Business Intelligence, Steele's company, of violating UK data protection laws with the dossier, which included many salacious allegations of compromising encounters between Trump and Russian figures.

Trump has always denied its contents, and some of its findings have not held up to scrutiny, as Insider's Sonam Sheth reported.

The dossier was closely examined by the FBI as part of its Trump-Russia probe. Those efforts were themselves put under scrutiny in a 2019 investigation by the DOJ's Inspector General Michael Horowitz.

Steele's testimony to that investigation brought forward numerous unexpected details — including his long-standing friendship with Ivanka.

Trump has referred to Steele as a "Trump hater," as Vanity Fair reported at the time. But Steele said he told the DOJ at the time that it was quite the opposite.

"I informed them that I had in fact had a friendship and professional relationship with Ivanka Trump . . . for several years," Steele said in his statement on Tuesday, according to The Times of London.

The Guardian reported in 2019 that Steele and Ivanka had a friendship dating back decades, and Steele had even gifted her a "family tartan from Scotland."

During the investigation, Steele said that "if anything he was 'favorably disposed' toward the Trump family," according to the report.

He even visited a family member — later revealed to be Ivanka — at Trump Tower, the report said.

But in his witness statement on Tuesday, Steele said that revealing this had led to trouble with the then-president.

"My understanding is that Ms Trump had not disclosed our relationship to her father," Steele continued, per the Times.

When Trump found out, it "severely damaged their relationship," he said.

Steele went on to attribute much of what he called Trump's "vindictive and vexatious conduct" toward him to Trump's rage over that friendship, the Times reported.

Representatives for Trump did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.

Per the Times, Trump's own witness statement called the reference to Ivanka "reckless," adding: "Any inference or allegation that Mr Steele makes about my relationship with my daughter is untrue and disgraceful."

Ivanka Trump served as a presidential advisor during the Trump administration and took to the stage in 2020 to introduce him at the RNC.

However, in recent years she and her husband Jared Kushner — formerly a Trump advisor and de facto campaign manager — have steadily distanced themselves from politics.

In 2022 Ivanka announced she was "done" with DC and she was later a no-show at her father's 2024 campaign announcement.

They're friends 😆

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Calamity K said:

Yeah, those magas are pretty sick.

Honestly, I would describe MAGA voters more as delusional..... and MAGA politicians as either shameless opportunists, or spineless cowards.....

....but yes, there are some truly despicable people within their ranks and I think Heffy's point was bang on.

6 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

FB_IMG_1697651339567.jpg.764801c5d2010ab34fa473db15e5f651.jpg

Maybe Gym could run for Speaker of the Outhouse.....

• Haha 1

Just now, RupertKBD said:

Honestly, I would describe MAGA voters more as delusional..... and MAGA politicians as either shameless opportunists, or spineless cowards.....

....but yes, there are some truly despicable people within their ranks and I think Heffy's point was bang on.

Or in other words, a basket of deplorables

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

Rachel Maddow has been exposing many of these Nazi's in the past few days, among them, Henry Ford. He was a full on antiSemite. She spoke of a reporter who interviewed Hitler prior to him taking the reigns in Germany. On the wall behind his desk, was a framed picture of Henry Ford, who Hitler admired immensely. Rachel went on to say just how much he despised the Jews in America. Is there any wonder why America is deep rooted in the KKK, and other groups of racists. Another reason why I'll now never buy a Ford vehicle of any kind.

2 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

Rachel Maddow has been exposing many of these Nazi's in the past few days, among them, Henry Ford. He was a full on antiSemite. She spoke of a reporter who interviewed Hitler prior to him taking the reigns in Germany. On the wall behind his desk, was a framed picture of Henry Ford, who Hitler admired immensely. Rachel went on to say just how much he despised the Jews in America. Is there any wonder why America is deep rooted in the KKK, and other groups of racists. Another reason why I'll now never buy a Ford vehicle of any kind.

Well, I drive a Rav4.....but I'm totally over Pearl Harbor....:classic_cool:

• Haha 3