US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

3 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Do you have empathy for Hitler?  
What about Putin?  
How about that doctor that is jail for raping hundreds of underage girls?  
Empathy for them?   
Why?  
What have they done to earn anything but disdain and hatred? 

I think empathy is a great default to start most people off with. 
BUT

It can be taken away, and I think cutting off some poor kids fucking head on a bus is grounds for getting it taken away.  
That seems fair. 

Hence why I said "most"

Further to that, you don't know what's in their past that led them down those roads.  It doesn't excuse the things people do, or absolve them from consequence.........it's understanding that most people who do these terrible things have had traumatic experiences that have led to terrible actions.

Edited by stawns

13 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

This is the first time I e heard anyone with this take on that situation, and it’s pretty fucking wild IMO.  

Him getting out is a huge skid mark on the underpants of our nation.  

After his treatment in a hospital, he should have been moved to a prison to live out the rest of his life. 

Was he mentally rehabbed?

Yes?   Sure let him out of the hospital.  
Did he cut a persons fucking head off? 
Yup!   Crazy or not, he did it. 
He needs to be locked up for life. 
That whole thing was a sad fucking disaster. 
That poor kid and his family.  

Im absolutely shocked to hear someone say his release is a success of our system.  
That’s absolutely wild. 

That's the first time you've heard of people having empathy for individuals have done bad things?  I'm not religious, but isnt that what most of the New testament is about?

35 minutes ago, stawns said:

That's the first time you've heard of people having empathy for individuals have done bad things?  I'm not religious, but isnt that what most of the New testament is about?

No.  On this particular Vince Li case.   

Also, I could t care less what the bible says.  

42 minutes ago, stawns said:

Hence why I said "most"

Further to that, you don't know what's in their past that led them down those roads.  It doesn't excuse the things people do, or absolve them from consequence.........it's understanding that most people who do these terrible things have had traumatic experiences that have led to terrible actions.

It is absolutely common these folks have previous traumas that help lead to these horrible events.  
That is another failure of our systems to allow it to get this bad.  

And yeah, past doesn’t absolve actions today.   
He should absolutely be in jail for the rest of his life.  
Good job for him to be taking the proper medication to prevent him from cutting more heads off for now. 

1 minute ago, D.B Cooper said:

If this is the particular case you are interested in why did you bring up Hitler, Putin, and abusive doctors as if they had some relation to this case?

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

It is absolutely common these folks have previous traumas that help lead to these horrible events.  
That is another failure of our systems to allow it to get this bad.  

And yeah, past doesn’t absolve actions today.   
He should absolutely be in jail for the rest of his life.  
Good job for him to be taking the proper medication to prevent him from cutting more heads off for now. 

He was found not criminally responsible and when he solved his mental health issues that caused the act, he was released and has never had any incident even resembling criminality in the last 9 years.

That's what we hope for from our justice system........we employ a rehabilitation and re-integration model for our incarcerated.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Nor do I, but you indicated you've never heard of empathy for those who commit violent crime and I pointed out it's a very common thing

1 hour ago, D.B Cooper said:

Do you have empathy for Hitler?  
What about Putin?  
How about that doctor that is jail for raping hundreds of underage girls?  
Empathy for them?   
Why?  
What have they done to earn anything but disdain and hatred? 

I think empathy is a great default to start most people off with. 
BUT

It can be taken away, and I think cutting off some poor kids fucking head on a bus is grounds for getting it taken away.  
That seems fair. 

This is one of the worst takes and posts I have ever seen on this or the OG board. And I have checked out the proposals section...twice. 

Edited by Gnarcore
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

To add to an earlier post :

fully equipped with advanced techs,

Longer  survival ,  .. multiple weapons platforms and radar / guidance advances ..

beast modes.

… worth waiting for fully trained pilots to operate ,  and conversions of F16’s .

• Vintage 1

41 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Can you guys maybe get back on topic?

make sure that nasty wife of his is part of the investigation too. 

If this has real legs under it, maybe he'll quit if they agree to drop the investigation. That would be great.

2 hours ago, stawns said:

Nor do I, but you indicated you've never heard of empathy for those who commit violent crime and I pointed out it's a very common thing

Again, I’ve never heard of anyone backing Vince Li’s release and saying it is a success story.   

There is no rehabbing this 

Li decapitated McLean and displayed his severed head through a window to those standing outside the bus, then returned to McLean's body and began severing other parts and consuming some of McLean's flesh. Witnesses stated that this went on for a few hours.[5]

Edited by D.B Cooper

1 hour ago, Gnarcore said:

This is one of the worst takes and posts I have ever seen on this or the OG board. And I have checked out the proposals section...twice. 

How so?   
You have empathy for those monsters as well?    
I was touching on him saying empathy should be had for all.  

I think it’s fucked to show empathy to those who showed none themselves.  
Thats a bad take?   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

its like he can't understand that people can be not guilty due to mental illness. Doesn't mean you release them to the general public, but the faux rage posturing is goofy. 

46 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

How so?   
You have empathy for those monsters as well?    
I was touching on him saying empathy should be had for all.  

I think it’s fucked to show empathy to those who showed none themselves.  
Thats a bad take?   

Absolutely abysmal comparison. Two are dictators and despots one of which is responsible for some of the most horrific events in human history and the other for over half a million dead. The other is a person suffering from a mental health issue. It is not empathy for him...I think he maybe should have stayed in the loony bin if going off his meds can result in such a thing..but to use what was said as if someone had empathy for those two based off the legitimate argument given is asinine.  

• ThereItIs 1