US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

3 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Just an FYI here,  realizing this is the US politics thread, and they have 12 battle ships positioned to defend Israel..

:Reports that Israel conveyed a message to Iran through a third European country: Any attack on civilian targets by Iran will be met with the immediate destruction of all Iranian nuclear facilities 

The United States believes that this fact is the reason for Iran’s long wait before attacking.

I cannot see the Israelis warning Iran about hitting their nuke sites. That will happen at some point without any warning. I suspect the Iranians already realize any attack on Israel will have a massive retaliation.

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Largest daily point drops in DOW history:

2020-03-16 −2,997.10 TRUMP
2020-03-12 −2,352.06 TRUMP
2020-03-09 −2,013.76 TRUMP
2020-06-11 -1,861.82 TRUMP
2020-03-11 −1,464.94 TRUMP
2020-03-18 −1,338.46 TRUMP
2020-02-27 −1,190.95 TRUMP
2018-02-05 −1,175.21 TRUMP
2018-02-08 −1,032.89 TRUMP
2020-02-24 −1,031.61 TRUMP
2020-04-01 −973.65 TRUMP
2020-03-05 −969.58 TRUMP
2020-03-27 −915.39 TRUMP
2020-02-25 −879.44 TRUMP
2020-02-25 −879.44 TRUMP
2018-10-10 −831.83 TRUMP
2019-08-14 −800.49 TRUMP
2018-12-04 −799.36 TRUMP
2020-03-03 -785.91 TRUMP

At least Trump is #1 at something.

Im hearing the US markets are fine, but people panic, …

hold .

there will be opportunities .

and then a re-bound.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I cannot see the Israelis warning Iran about hitting their nuke sites. That will happen at some point without any warning. I suspect the Iranians already realize any attack on Israel will have a massive retaliation.

Israeli Heads of government and Military have moved to Nuke Shelters .

it’s Iran they can not trust regardless.

Israeli’s have made it clear .    Do not target civilians.

its Irans move to make.

FAFO

Edited by SilentSam

43 minutes ago, stawns said:

The bigger story is that there are bears in Central Park?  I find that hard to belirve

I think the story is that he killed the bear cub elsewhere then transported in to Central Park and dumped it there.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Stocks rebounding already. I wonder how much of the panic selling is individual traders out there? Good day for questrade at least.

gotta admit I was a bit wary to check my stocks today..

started out down but right now, back in black.

Friday was a tougher day for me. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

I think the story is that he killed the bear cub elsewhere then transported in to Central Park and dumped it there.

That's even worse

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

13 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

gotta admit I was a bit wary to check my stocks today..

started out down but right now, back in black.

Friday was a tougher day for me. 

I let a really smart guy in Winnipeg worry for me.

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

18 minutes ago, stawns said:

That's even worse

Apparently he didn't kill the bear but he did take it on a road trip before staging its' death in the park.

CNN -Independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. said in a social media video on Sunday that he drove a dead bear cub carcass from upstate New York and placed it in New York City’s Central Park 10 years ago, sharing the story in what he said was an effort to combat a forthcoming New Yorker article he predicted will be “a bad story.”

In the video, which was posted to his X account, Kennedy tells actress Roseanne Barr about traveling through New York’s Hudson Valley to go hawking and coming across a “young bear” that had been hit and killed by another driver. He says in the video he decided to put the dead bear in his car.

“I pulled over and I picked up the bear and put him in the back of my van because I was gonna skin the bear,” he said. “It was in very good condition and I was gonna put the meat in my refrigerator.”

Kennedy then tells Barr he spent the day hawking before driving to New York City for a dinner — with the bear still in his car. At the end of the dinner, Kennedy said, he had to go to the airport and couldn’t take the bear back to his home. He said he broached to friends the idea of taking the bear to Central Park and making it appear as if a biker had hit it.

“I had an old bike in my car that somebody had asked me to get rid of and I said, ‘Let’s go put the bear in Central Park and we’ll make it look like he got hit by a bike,’” Kennedy says in the video, prompting laughs from Barr and others in the room not visible in the video. “Everybody thought, ‘That’s a great idea.’ So we did that and we thought it would be amusing for whoever found it or something.”

5 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I was gonna skin the bear,” he said. “It was in very good condition and I was gonna put the meat in my refrigerator.”

He was going to eat roadkill...

That is some banjo shit right there.

W.T.F.R.F.K ! ?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

14 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Apparently he didn't kill the bear but he did take it on a road trip before staging its' death in the park.

CNN -Independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. said in a social media video on Sunday that he drove a dead bear cub carcass from upstate New York and placed it in New York City’s Central Park 10 years ago, sharing the story in what he said was an effort to combat a forthcoming New Yorker article he predicted will be “a bad story.”

In the video, which was posted to his X account, Kennedy tells actress Roseanne Barr about traveling through New York’s Hudson Valley to go hawking and coming across a “young bear” that had been hit and killed by another driver. He says in the video he decided to put the dead bear in his car.

“I pulled over and I picked up the bear and put him in the back of my van because I was gonna skin the bear,” he said. “It was in very good condition and I was gonna put the meat in my refrigerator.”

Kennedy then tells Barr he spent the day hawking before driving to New York City for a dinner — with the bear still in his car. At the end of the dinner, Kennedy said, he had to go to the airport and couldn’t take the bear back to his home. He said he broached to friends the idea of taking the bear to Central Park and making it appear as if a biker had hit it.

“I had an old bike in my car that somebody had asked me to get rid of and I said, ‘Let’s go put the bear in Central Park and we’ll make it look like he got hit by a bike,’” Kennedy says in the video, prompting laughs from Barr and others in the room not visible in the video. “Everybody thought, ‘That’s a great idea.’ So we did that and we thought it would be amusing for whoever found it or something.”

That's an awfully long winded way of saying 'I didn't want to own up to killing the bear'.

“Everybody thought, ‘That’s a great idea.’"... who the Hell does this guy hang out with? This sounds like something drunken teenagers might do. Not a 60 year old man.

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

W

T

F

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

That's an awfully long winded way of saying 'I didn't want to own up to killing the bear'.

“Everybody thought, ‘That’s a great idea.’"... who the Hell does this guy hang out with? This sounds like something drunken teenagers might do. Not a 60 year old man.

Well, apparently Roseanne Barr is one of them....sooooo.....:classic_unsure:

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

Stocks rebounding already. I wonder how much of the panic selling is individual traders out there? Good day for questrade at least.

A while back ago I got interested in algo and HFT trading(just as a interest and nothing else) which is nefarious in it's own right. This was in around 2011. I wonder now with the proliferation of AI and the feedback loops that can happen with flash crashing and the circuit breaker these firms are supposed to employ played a part in theses crashes. It's so secretive we might not ever know

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, BabyCakes said:

A while back ago I got interested in algo and HFT trading(just as a interest and nothing else) which is nefarious in it's own right. This was in around 2011. I wonder now with the proliferation of AI and the feedback loops that can happen with flash crashing and the circuit breaker these firms are supposed to employ played a part in theses crashes. It's so secretive we might not ever know

I suspect a lot of influence there. It's ironic that a Buffet move would set off panic selling. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Largest daily point drops in DOW history:

2020-03-16 −2,997.10 TRUMP
2020-03-12 −2,352.06 TRUMP
2020-03-09 −2,013.76 TRUMP
2020-06-11 -1,861.82 TRUMP
2020-03-11 −1,464.94 TRUMP
2020-03-18 −1,338.46 TRUMP
2020-02-27 −1,190.95 TRUMP
2018-02-05 −1,175.21 TRUMP
2018-02-08 −1,032.89 TRUMP
2020-02-24 −1,031.61 TRUMP
2020-04-01 −973.65 TRUMP
2020-03-05 −969.58 TRUMP
2020-03-27 −915.39 TRUMP
2020-02-25 −879.44 TRUMP
2020-02-25 −879.44 TRUMP
2018-10-10 −831.83 TRUMP
2019-08-14 −800.49 TRUMP
2018-12-04 −799.36 TRUMP
2020-03-03 -785.91 TRUMP

At least Trump is #1 at something.

Im hearing the US markets are fine, but people panic, …

hold .

there will be opportunities .

and then a re-bound.

Those dates coincide with COVID.  You're sharing disingenuous information from Twitter.

That said, people panicking and/or looking for a political advantage against Biden/Harris/Democrats are going to look foolish if/when the market rebounds.  People and institutions will buy shares in solid and healthy companies on the dip.

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Those dates coincide with COVID.  You're sharing disingenuous information from Twitter.

That said, people panicking and/or looking for a political advantage against Biden/Harris/Democrats are going to look foolish if/when the market rebounds.  People and institutions will buy shares in solid and healthy companies on the dip.

how he reacted to Covid didn’t help Sabs,

He compounded it..

just like the disinfectant he wanted to inject,

or the horse medicine Vermictin for ringworm..  

he didn’t even endorse simple masking as PRECAUTIONARY advice

He set you country back year’s beyond the 4 year term he had..

A brighter mind would have done better than Trump being led around by the cock ring through his nose that Putin installed.

No credit or excuses for that failure of a leader for your country,.  Please.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Like 1