US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

17 minutes ago, Sapper said:

Have a read up on her vp pick

He was the command Sergeant Major in the national guard 

Trump is already calling him an extremist and weak...... The exact opposite of the very definition of a command Sergeant Major 

Love this pick and wish he could debate the bastard ( love that statement about the bastard having to wake up knowing a black women kicked his ass lol )

I'm very eager to see the VP debates. Vance leaned heavily into his 'veteran ' status (6 months service in the press corps arm of the marines) and here we have an NCO who can run circles around him. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Jaimito said:

I like him. Some pundits on TV says if he wore a red hat, you may mistaken him as a MAGA. 

Why's that?  He's seen as more of a progressive I think

27 minutes ago, DSVII said:

Even if true, which I doubt, this is less egregious than the Republicans plan to having loyalists in each state that will refuse to certify the votes. Not to mention the lawsuits they are already cynically preparing to contest the swing states even before a ballot is cast. Dems had already conceded before and Trump pulled Jan 6 in response to his loss. 

There is no equivalence here. The Republicans are doing this not only more frequently but in greater magnitude and are actively eroding the democratic institutions for their win.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/election-deniers-refuse-certify-chaos-2024-1234988747/

I share your doubts....

If you look at other Amuse X content, it's all MAGA garbage....including a purported "open letter" from Tim Walz' fellow servicemen, in which his is referred to a "Traitorous, Fraudluent and Shameful"....

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

Also an old white dude, for the old white dude vote.

I hope the dems can now just unite and not in-fight for 90 days.

Wlaz is only 6 months older than Harris, due to white hair I guess. 

I might add that he also has legislative experience too, serving many yrs as House Congressman.   He hunts and fishes. 

Also had two kids using IVF help.  So he's very pro reproductive rights. 

I like Shapiro too. Maybe the vetting showed more trouble and good. That rumor of him not handling his aid's sexual harassment claim well etc. I don't know anymore, but I'm sure the vetting process dug up a lot of skeletons in the closet.   

Edited by Jaimito
  • ThereItIs 1

Walz is a fabulous pick. He hits all the “tough” notes as an outdoorsy guy, military, state champ football coach but he’s also clearly open minded and empathetic. Background in education is a plus. 

It wouldn’t surprise me if his political history is more left-leaning than Kamala’s. 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Walz is a fabulous pick. He hits all the “tough” notes as an outdoorsy guy, military, state champ football coach but he’s also clearly open minded and empathetic. Background in education is a plus. 

It wouldn’t surprise me if his political history is more left-leaning than Kamala’s. 

He attacks with a smile. Doesn't look angry when he's on the offensive. 

Media is saying Shapiro, Walz and Harris will be all speaking at a rally tonight in Philly. 

Will be interesting in seeing how Shapiro presents Walz. 

One pundit's take is that Harris doesn't need to look over her shoulder with Walz, vs someone like Pete or Shapiro who are more likely to run for President in 4-8 yrs. They might try to outshine her or not as likely to do tasks that have very little benefit to their future run. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

Everyone knows trump just blasts out any stream of consciousness crap that occurs to him. I don't think it works anymore.

He sounds like a great pick, but most of us see this through the Canadian lens, curious what @Sabrefan1 thinks.

I guess the rumours of Shapiro having too much baggage were true.  She was likely going to win Minnesota anyways.

Walz is a safe and solid pick.  It keeps her momentum going and is a very good counter to the only thing Vance really still has going for himself, his military career. 

Edited by Sabrefan1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

24 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Wlaz is only 6 months older than Harris, due to white hair I guess. 

I might add that he also has legislative experience too, serving many yrs as House Congressman.   He hunts and fishes. 

Also had two kids using IVF help.  So he's very pro reproductive rights. 

I like Shapiro too. Maybe the vetting showed more trouble and good. That rumor of him not handling his aid's sexual harassment claim well etc. I don't know anymore, but I'm sure the vetting process dug up a lot of skeletons in the closet.   

I think that's what sunk Shapiro was well........that wasn't going to play well with women and it's hard to hammer Trump with that point when it applies to you as well.

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Also an old white dude, for the old white dude vote.

I hope the dems can now just unite and not in-fight for 90 days.

Dem are very united with the Walz pick. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I guess the rumours of Shapiro having too much baggage were true.  She was likely going to win Minnesota anyways.

Walz is a safe and solid pick.  It keeps her momentum going and is a very good counter to the only thing Vance really still has going for himself, his military career. 

hopefully Shapiro comes out with a uniting type speech. Dem's don't need to shoot themselves in the foot. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

hopefully Shapiro comes out with a uniting type speech. Dem's don't need to shoot themselves in the foot.

He won't rock the boat because most governors want to eventually try and become president.  The Democrats won't back him if he causes problems.

Walz is by no means a perfect candidate, but he plays well to their "progressive" base with his policies and could motivate them to go vote, especially the ones who are angry about Israel.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

He won't rock the boat because most governors want to eventually try and become president.  The Democrats won't back him if he causes problems.

Walz is by no means a perfect candidate, but he plays well to their "progressive" base with his policies and could motivate them to go vote, especially the ones who are angry about Israel.

Bernie with a fishing rod?

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

he'd be the guy I'd be supporting if I lived in the US and could vote. But to me he seems very middle of the road. 

He changed their state flag to one that inexplicably resembled a flag from a country in Africa and put tampons in boys bathrooms at schools and was reluctant to take drastic measures to stop rioting a while back.  That's fairly "progressive" policies.  The Democratic base will love him.

Definitely not really middle of the road.

11 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

He changed their state flag to one that inexplicably resembled a flag from a country in Africa and put tampons in boys bathrooms at schools and was reluctant to take drastic measures to stop rioting a while back.  That's fairly "progressive" policies.  The Democratic base will love him.

Just looked up the flag, looks fine to me.

Don't know the tampon story.

13 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

What is his position on Ukraine and support for Israel?

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

The Dems actually have to people that can lead ,  and gain respect for their knowledge , job history, and backgrounds..

Where the MAGA / Republicans have two people who flip flop, baffle with bullshit,

lie, cheat, and swindle..

The harder thing to grasp is,  how many in the US of A ,  can think for themselves using common sense ,  or walk off a Cliff because they believe they will do better.

Diaper Donnie is next up on the Slingshot

IMG_2764.jpeg

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1