US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Anyone else think Bone Spurs is getting worried? Here's his response to the Tim Walz news:

“He’ll unleash HELL ON EARTH and open our borders to the worst criminals imaginable. He’ll rubber stamp Kamala’s GREEN NEW SCAM and light TRILLIONS of dollars on fire. But the real killer: He’s already pulled in MILLIONS in dirty cash to buy the White House!”

Good thing that orange is your color, Dotard....

image.jpeg.0b37005c30c46195eec3a51114609d26.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 24K said:

Dude man, state flags are atrocious from flag taxonomy perspective. Almost all that haven't change their's should.  

State elbem as a flag is just lazy. 

I have zero opinions on state flags.  There are very few that I could actually name by site.

23 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Anyone else think Bone Spurs is getting worried? Here's his response to the Tim Walz news:

Good thing that orange is your color, Dotard....

image.jpeg.0b37005c30c46195eec3a51114609d26.jpeg

There's no criminal in the US worse than the subhuman vermin who's too stupid to learn how to disable the caps lock.

1 hour ago, DSVII said:

I doubt the majority of Americans can find Somalia on the map let alone identify its flag. And free tampons eh...no harm. I think the free school lunches are a positive.

It sounds like the right wing has found the trivial 'tan suit' talking point to focus on while ignoring their own candidates massive baggage such as felony convictions and sexual harassment/rape allegations. 

It's a sad state of how right the Overton window has shifted when giving tampons is viewed as progressive. How much harder is it going to be to convince people to fund roads, schools, hospitals and public services?

I doubt a good portion of Americans can find their own state on a map if you take away the border lines.  😂

As for the rest.  It doesn't matter.  It looks like they're trying to energize their base with the pick.

It's a smart move since the Trump campaign has been fairly lackluster so far.  That's what happens when you take over your party's main campaigning arm and install a relative who is a political neophyte.  There's poor coordination as a consequence.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I have zero opinions on state flags.  There are very few that I could actually name by site.

Georgia should probably change theirs to something that isn't a Confederate flag with an extra piece.

• Cheers 1

:classic_laugh: Trump is such an idiot.....

In reference to Walz' 2023 legislation that Allowed over 55,000 formerly incarcerated people to vote Trump said this:

"Embracing policies to allow convicted felons to vote, Walz is obsessed with spreading California's dangerously liberal agenda far and wide,"

Anyone else see a potential issue for Dolt 45 considering the "convicted felon" line? :picard:

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Georgia should probably change theirs to something that isn't a Confederate flag with an extra piece.

That hasn't been their flag for like at least 20 years.  I think they changed that around 2000 or so.

4 hours ago, SilentSam said:

The Dems actually have to people that can lead ,  and gain respect for their knowledge , job history, and backgrounds..

Where the MAGA / Republicans have two people who flip flop, baffle with bullshit,

lie, cheat, and swindle..

The harder thing to grasp is,  how many in the US of A ,  can think for themselves using common sense ,  or walk off a Cliff because they believe they will do better.

Minnesota is almost Canada...can we have this guy as PM? 

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, DSVII said:

I doubt the majority of Americans can find Somalia on the map let alone identify its flag. And free tampons eh...no harm. I think the free school lunches are a positive.

It sounds like the right wing has found the trivial 'tan suit' talking point to focus on while ignoring their own candidates massive baggage such as felony convictions and sexual harassment/rape allegations. 

It's a sad state of how right the Overton window has shifted when giving tampons is viewed as progressive. How much harder is it going to be to convince people to fund roads, schools, hospitals and public services?

You are correct.  They would actually have a hard time finding any country really...

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1
  • chaos 1

34 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I doubt a good portion of Americans can find their own state on a map if you take away the border lines.  😂

As for the rest.  It doesn't matter.  It looks like they're trying to energize their base with the pick.

It's a smart move since the Trump campaign has been fairly lackluster so far.  That's what happens when you take over your party's main campaigning arm and install a relative who is a political neophyte.  There's poor coordination as a consequence.

I guess it remains to be seen but I think Walz may appeal to conservative moderates too. Joe Manchin threw in his endorsement of walz too.

56 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Hence the problem. 

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

I'm guessing that was part of it, but I think Shapiro's support of Israel might have also played a part.

Seemed like a lot of young voters consider the Gaza situation their main issue.

Throw in that the Pennsylvania Supreme Court is currently hearing arguments over the 2011 death of a Philadelphia school teacher that involves Shapiro’s role as  Attorney General that ruled the death a suicide. He may have been either negligent, stupid or part of a coverup. Whatever the truth is it’s not what you want to be answering questions about during an election.

Oh yea. Then, there’s the possibility Josh Shapiro covered up a murder.

In 2011, Ellen Greenberg was found dead in her Philadelphia apartment. She’d been stabbed twenty times in the neck and back of her head. Then-Attorney General Josh Shapiro ruled the death a suicide, even after it was determined many of the stabs came after Greenberg was deceased. At best, this is gross incompetence from Shapiro. At worse, it’s a coverup. Independent journalist Gavin Fish has been following the case for years and uncovered links between Shapiro’s family and that of Greenberg’s fiancé, the prime suspect in the murder. This case is not a skeleton in Shapiro’s closet, but an ongoing development. It is currently being heard by the Philadelphia Supreme Court. Whether or not Shapiro did put his thumb on the scale is besides the point. The media and Donald Trump will have a field day with this, throwing the Harris campaign into an inescapable scandal when it’s trying to return the focus to Donald Trump.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, 24K said:

Hence the problem. 

Not really a problem.  State flags are in constant flux.  If a governor or legislature wants attention, he/she/they can and do change state symbols at any point.

I have zero urge to keep track of what flag Rhode Island or Connecticut are flying over their gov't buildings these days.

32 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I keep forgetting that the battle flag wasn't the official Confederate flag.  I'm not an iconography kind of person.  I don't care who has what statue or who has what flag.

You keep saying that.  Who was it that first brought a state flag into the conversation again?  😀  (hopefully taken as the mild chirp it was meant to be)

4 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Other than the 28th Virginia battle flag.😉

You aren't kidding.  😂  I've always known that sucker was strictly a battle flag but that information leaks out of my ears for whatever reason over time.  It goes to show, I suppose, how that particular flag is so well ingrained into Southern US lore that even a guy from the northeast has it in the forefront.

• Cheers 1