US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

13 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Not everyone could have had stellar military career like cadet bone spurs.

These same people have attacked military careers of John McCain and John Kerry.

If Eisenhower, Grant, Lee, Patton, Scott and Washington ran today, I am sure goobers would denigrate their military record.

Edited by CBH1926
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

He didn't spare trump either. 

I am liking this guy, It’s about time to take off the gloves and speak the language that Trump understands.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

I am liking this guy, It’s about time to take off the gloves and speak the language that Trump understands.

Walz is going to be living rent free in the Dotards head from here on out. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

I expect Trump's campaign to start to really tank now. I don't believe he can overcome the momentum at this point. There is an incredible number of high ranking GOP people who are endorsing Harris and abandoning the party line.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, 24K said:

If one care about a potential dui from 1995, said person need to get their head examined and prioritizes reflected. 

If they sit and try to defame him about a DUI , wait until Harris and him read out trumps list

2 hours ago, Satchmo said:

I don't think this will come to much  Two guys who served with him say one thing;  a bunch of others disagree.  I notice this is one of the first complaints in the letter (which was written after Walz decided to run on the Democratic ticket):

On August 5th, 2004 he was photographed holding a sign at a protest outside a President Bush campaign rally in southern Minnesota.

Could that have been enough to make them turn on the guy?

Your guess is as good as mine.  I never served in the military.

2 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

I referenced that letter this morning. It was posted on a Xitter account called @amuse. Judging by the rest of the content I was able to find, it's a hardcore MAGA account.

I tried to find the actual letter online, but every search result that I was able to locate, took me back to the same Tweet. So, take it FWIW.....which at least after a cursory inspection, appears to be "not much"...

I guess it's possible that it's legit, but it makes one wonder: If some rando on Xitter found it on the same day that the announcement was made, how did it escape the vetting process? Seems pretty unlikely to me....

The letter was the first thing that I found that clued me in that something was happening.  They knew about the letter when they were vetting him I'm sure.  It came out when he was running to become governor.

There was some digging done.  After he retired, he was demoted to Master Sergeant because he dropped out of the commander course before finishing his schooling.

He claims he had to drop out to run for Congress, but the people that wrote the letter claims that he dropped out for other reasons since it wasn't a requirement to drop out to run.

This was all 20 years ago, and if it affects the ticket at all, it won't affect the base party support which is the reason he was likely chosen for. 

Trump hasn't been running a solid campaign so I'm thinking that the Harris campaign is concentrating on getting their base energized and to the polls.  That's why I think this guy was a good pick for Harris' campaign.  The Democratic base isn't likely going to give a wet fart about what he did or didn't do in the military.

17 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Your guess is as good as mine.  I never served in the military.

My premise was that the beef is more Republican vs. Democrat than anything to do with the military.

• chaos 1

This is Fkn hilarious and true!!

I promise you, Trump is watching this rally and throwing shit against the wall, absolutely losing his fucking mind.

He hates how good she’s getting. 

He hates that the audience that looks like America instead of a convention of inbred catalytic-converter thieves.

https://x.com/therickwilson/status/1820948035016519732?s=46&t=pF6l3-VgKhn_UCNkMz2HVw

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1