US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Just now, the destroyer of worlds said:

Reading the article, big big money was spent on both of the this primary and in Bowmans primary.   In this one, pro-Israeli lobby money.  Her calls for ceasefire and criticism of Israeli tactics sunk her.

It also didn't help that Bowman did the alarm pulling thing then lied about it and Bush was under investigation for misappropriating campaign funds.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Reading the article, big big money was spent on both this primary and in Bowmans primary.   In this one, pro-Israeli lobby money.  Her calls for ceasefire and criticism of Israeli tactics sunk her.

Well hard to win when one side stack the money 4:1 against her. 

AIPAC going all out to quell anti Israel sentiment in congress but given how the Bibi visit went, that is gonna be a very expensive battle going forward. 

12 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

It also didn't help that Bowman did the alarm pulling thing then lied about it and Bush was under investigation for misappropriating campaign funds.

That probably did him/her in more than anything related to Israel. Though that stance did bring the money to their opponents. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Elementary school bully tactic of making fun of someone’s name by mispronouncing it.

I was wondering if there was something more to it. But elementary school bully is a great description of trump.

It's sure fun watching him sweat now that things have tightened up.

• Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I was wondering if there was something more to it. But elementary school bully is a great description of trump.

It's sure fun watching him sweat now that things have tightened up.

Except you can teach the bully out of elementary school kids

• Cheers 1

Just now, stawns said:

Not all of them. Some people are just born assholes. If trump wasn't from a rich family he would have been a nightmare middle management jerk somewhere.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Not all of them. Some people are just born assholes. If trump wasn't from a rich family he would have been a nightmare middle management jerk somewhere.

I agree.....but I also believe that somewhere along the line, one of his employees (or the husband of one of his employees) would have beaten the shit out of him....

• Vintage 2

10 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

His politics lean too far to the left to pick up people in the flyover/heartland states.  Also, those states are going to fall to whatever has an (R) next to it's name, whether it's Trump or a blind poodle. 

The only states that really matter in the presidential elections are the swing states.

😂 

Back in 2018 Arthur Jones former leader of American nazi party, ran in 3rd congressional district in Illinois.

I received robocalls from the GOP saying not to vote for him because he is a nazi.

He still got 58k votes because he had R next to his name,

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

40 minutes ago, stawns said:

Having my own kids now in the school system I agree with you.

When I was in their shoes, every single bully grew up to even bigger asshole, that was 40 years ago though.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Having my own kids now in the school system I agree with you.

When I was in their shoes, every single bully grew up to even bigger asshole, that was 40 years ago though.

We work hard at getting bullying out of the school system, at least in my district anywaty

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

You'd be surprised how effective we are...,.....while they're at school at least

13 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Awww he’s wounded ,.  Wants pity ,  feel sorry time…

Learning to fish can be pretty rough. He’s hooked him self a lot. Probably more than any President has. 

IMG_4438.jpeg

• Sad 1
  • ThereItIs 1

58 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I agree.....but I also believe that somewhere along the line, one of his employees (or the husband of one of his employees) would have beaten the shit out of him....

You'd think, but not sure how often that happens. Middle management everywhere has its sociopaths. 

Edited by Bob Long
  • Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, stawns said:

You'd be surprised how effective we are...,.....while they're at school at least

No, I've seen it when my daughter went through the system. Certainly behavior while at school can be held in check but some folks just aren't born with the social tool kit. It's why they make great middle management, they aren't bothered by staffing issues.

Edited by Bob Long
  • Vintage 1

Just an FYI here:

Feels like the US will hold its Democracy and avoid the Threat that Trump bring with and his association with Putin /RuZ..

Meanwhile in RuZ ..    UKR Force are inside Russia and liberating towns and villages,  100’s of RuZ troops are surrendering..

the last 24-48 hours have been absolutely 

Magnificent ..

The arrival of F16’s have supported some ingenious military planning.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

21 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

And.. this is why. 

Advertising is balancing his empire.

I'm not in charge. But if I was. I'd punt Musk to the boardroom of Xitter/SpaceX/Tesla and keep him out of any company decisions.

It's the people under him that makes these companies so good. The ones he hasn't fired yet anyways.

• Cheers 1