US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

34 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Enough already, ??   It’s just beginning.

MAGA wingnuts are claiming either:

It's all CGI (the crowds) 

or the Dems announced a free Taylor Swift concert there to get the crowd there.

🤣

24 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

The squad pro Palestinian rep just lost her primary. 

That is the issue for the pro Palestinian camp. If they can't go toe to toe with AIPAC financially, they are fighting a losing battle. 

Dems or any politicians are dead ass afraid to go against AIPAC. They literally run US politics with their giant war chest. 

16 minutes ago, 24K said:

That is the issue for the pro Palestinian camp. If they can't go toe to toe with AIPAC financially, they are fighting a losing battle. 

Dems or any politicians are dead ass afraid to go against AIPAC. They literally run US politics with their giant war chest. 

so start calling Biden "genocide Joe" and similar tactics with other dem's? how is that going to be a winning strategy. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

so start calling Biden "genocide Joe" and similar tactics with other dem's? how is that going to be a winning strategy. 

They are single issue voters. Their goal is to put pressure. To them there is no difference between Harris or Trump as to them neither are or going to stop weapons transfer to Israel so they don't care who wins.

They pretty much want to see what the UK just did banning weapons sale to Israel. Problem is UK don't have to deal with citizens united and the giant AIPAC financing of preceived enemy politicians of the Israeli state. 

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Enough already, ??   It’s just beginning.

Well she better hope for more. Biden won Michigan with 150k votes. 100k or so voted uncommitted in the Dem primaries to protest against Biden's handling of Gaza. 

Bottom line, giant thorn for the Dems as there is no good answer. They have to make the best guess to which side has fewer voters for Harris to piss off. Remember it is not just Arab voters but many young voters as well on the pro Palestinian side. 

Edited by 24K

Dem's could do a subtle add campaign mentioning how Drumpf moved the embassy to Jerusalem.

which did no help the Palestinian's cause.

Not much point on voting on this issue alone, if both are basically  the same  with Israel.

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, 24K said:

They are single issue voters. Their goal is to put pressure. To them there is no difference between Harris or Trump as to them neither are or going to stop weapons transfer to Israel so they don't care who wins.

That explains it well, actually.

27 minutes ago, 24K said:

They pretty much want to see what the UK just did banning weapons sale to Israel. Problem is UK don't have to deal with citizens united and the giant AIPAC financing of preceived enemy politicians of the Israeli state. 

That's the US. There's a pac for everything.

6 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Dem's could do a subtle add campaign mentioning how Drumpf moved the embassy to Jerusalem.

which did no help the Palestinian's cause.

Not much point on voting on this issue alone, if both are basically  the same  with Israel.

One side is far more likely to support a real two state solution though. Trump will just pander to evangelicals and Bibi.

40 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

One side is far more likely to support a real two state solution though. Trump will just pander to evangelicals and Bibi.

Trump is planning to put the Muslims in concentration camps with Project 2025.  Dems really need to hammer that home.

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

10 bucks says those protesters are funded.

Either by Trump vis RuZ ,

or the Iranian Regime.

im not a conspirator..  but an investigation might show a reality check.

The last time any of them were questioned by media at the DC protests a week ago,

they were telling each other not to say anything because the “organizer” told them NOT to say anything.

They arrived in Leased Buses enMasse.

Find the Company. Follow the money.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

10 bucks says those protesters are funded.

Either by Trump vis RuZ ,

or the Iranian Regime.

im not a conspirator..  but an investigation might show a reality check.

The last time any of them were questioned by media at the DC protests a week ago,

they were telling each other not to say anything because the “organizer” told them NOT to say anything.

They arrived in Leased Buses enMasse.

Find the Company. Follow the money.

Not everything is Russia gate. This is a major issue in Michigan and a good portion of the Dem base. There is a reason Biden faced a strong uncommitted campaign in the primaries in the rust belt. Ignoring it and blaming it on Russia ain't helping anyone. 

You already see momentum have been stalled by Kamala's handling of the protestors among the dem base. 

She can't do the same thing again when faced with the same situation. 

Edited by 24K

8 minutes ago, 24K said:

Not everything is Russia gate. This is a major issue in Michigan and a good portion of the Dem base. There is a reason Biden faced a strong uncommitted campaign in the primaries in the rest belt. Ignoring it and blaming it on Russia ain't helping anyone. 

You already see momentum have been stalled by Kamala's handling of the protestors among the dem base. 

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck 

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, 24K said:

Not everything is Russia gate. This is a major issue in Michigan and a good portion of the Dem base. There is a reason Biden faced a strong uncommitted campaign in the primaries in the rust belt. Ignoring it and blaming it on Russia ain't helping anyone. 

I think you overestimate the impact. She handled it well. 

People making unrealistic demands can't be pandered to.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 24K said:

Not everything is Russia gate. This is a major issue in Michigan and a good portion of the Dem base. There is a reason Biden faced a strong uncommitted campaign in the primaries in the rest belt. Ignoring it and blaming it on Russia ain't helping anyone. 

wtf “ Kamala’s handling of the protesters”?

“momentum stalled “.. Vance was giving some small uninformed gathering in. An empty parking lot today, while Trump was dealing with hemorrhoids.

Shes the only one working, and almost everyday this week.

She basically told them to pick Trump then , and they’ll see what they get.

You saw tonight how many backed her on that statement.

She is tough,  and that’s what Americans need    Not some sloppy assed , Word mongering,  grieving complaint drivelled loser who does nothing but try to tear down Democracy .

And he stands for charges and will be sent to jail on Sept 18th.

He might appeal from Jail,  but nothing should stop that.

so you wouldn’t investigate the protesters and how they arrived at DC last week?

You do realize RuZ has MANY agents working for its platforms, and has been funding the destabilization of Demcracy for years in the U.S. and abroad for years.

And for you to say “not everything is RuZ gate” 

Well it’s a big world out there.

check it out sometime 

• Vintage 1

49 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I think you overestimate the impact. She handled it well. 

People making unrealistic demands can't be pandered to.

If US use popular vote, then I am not concerned. But they use the electoral college and this issue can easily swing Michigan which the Dem need given the large deer lake suburb in Detroit and Biden's margin in the last election. 

She probably get out of this unscathed for now but continuly doing this in the future probably going to make more of a negative impact. 

She need a better plan to deal with this as it will happen in the future.

Edited by 24K

40 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

wtf “ Kamala’s handling of the protesters”?

Telling people you want to court to shut up is not a good thing. Obama and Biden all faced similar things and handled it better. 

She could have easily said "I hear you and I am committed to the getting the cease deal done." If protestors continue, then she can do what she did. 

Or just do what Obama did and say "I hear you and respect your right to protest, we can talk after I finish speaking." 

“momentum stalled “.. Vance was giving some small uninformed gathering in. An empty parking lot today, while Trump was dealing with hemorrhoids.

I say momentum stalled I mean unity within the party. This issue is easily the crack that can cause in fighting and division within the party. We are already seeing the progressive wing of the party starting to turn after that response. 

Have nothing to do with what Trump or Vance is doing which to be clear is imploding. They can't even use this to attack Harris without looking like complete hypocrites. 

She basically told them to pick Trump then , and they’ll see what they get.

Again not a good strategy in a battle ground state where these protestors' vote can make the margin and swing the state. 

You saw tonight how many backed her on that statement.

It is a rally, responding cheers there doesn't mean anything to the voting margins. 

She is tough,  and that’s what Americans need    Not some sloppy assed , Word mongering,  grieving complaint drivelled loser who does nothing but try to tear down Democracy .

And he stands for charges and will be sent to jail on Sept 18th.

He might appeal from Jail,  but nothing should stop that.

OK, I agree but not relevant to this discussion. 

so you wouldn’t investigate the protesters and how they arrived at DC last week?

I mean if there are credible concern of foreign interference than let the FBI investigate away, but I think you are severly underestimating public sentiment on this issue. 

Here is recent polling where 55% of Americans disapprove of IDF actions in this conflict. You hardly can get Americans to agree 55% on anything these days. 

image.thumb.png.21ba93fa3213e6eb2f2b3ba2b48bd0dc.png

https://news.gallup.com/poll/642695/majority-disapprove-israeli-action-gaza.aspx

You do realize RuZ has MANY agents working for its platforms, and has been funding the destabilization of Demcracy for years in the U.S. and abroad for years.

And for you to say “not everything is RuZ gate” 

Well it’s a big world out there.

check it out sometime 

If this occurred in Georgia or Arizona, then I am more likely to believe they are plants. This happened in Detroit right next to the largest arab/Muslim community in the USA in deerlake.

That community voted 57% uncommited in the primaries against Biden to protest his handling of Gaza. 

It is very likely these are protestors that really care about this issue rather than some Russia plant. 

Finally if you don't think this is a major issue this election, just look at the polling on it especially with independents. Now not gonna say this is even close to single issue voters that won't see the bigger picture, but something to keep in mind as Kamala can easily capture those votes if she play it smart rather than disparaging protestors on this issue. 

Not to say it will be easy as going too far will draw the wrath of AIPAC. 

image.thumb.png.f04d54d9f236bf328fac2076ff41ad35.png

Edited by 24K

6 hours ago, 24K said:

Telling people you want to court to shut up is not a good thing. Obama and Biden all faced similar things and handled it better. 

She could have easily said "I hear you and I am committed to the getting the cease deal done." If protestors continue, then she can do what she did. 

Or just do what Obama did and say "I hear you and respect your right to protest, we can talk after I finish speaking." 

I say momentum stalled I mean unity within the party. This issue is easily the crack that can cause in fighting and division within the party. We are already seeing the progressive wing of the party starting to turn after that response. 

Have nothing to do with what Trump or Vance is doing which to be clear is imploding. They can't even use this to attack Harris without looking like complete hypocrites. 

Again not a good strategy in a battle ground state where these protestors' vote can make the margin and swing the state. 

It is a rally, responding cheers there doesn't mean anything to the voting margins. 

OK, I agree but not relevant to this discussion. 

I mean if there are credible concern of foreign interference than let the FBI investigate away, but I think you are severly underestimating public sentiment on this issue. 

Here is recent polling where 55% of Americans disapprove of IDF actions in this conflict. You hardly can get Americans to agree 55% on anything these days. 

image.thumb.png.21ba93fa3213e6eb2f2b3ba2b48bd0dc.png

https://news.gallup.com/poll/642695/majority-disapprove-israeli-action-gaza.aspx

If this occurred in Georgia or Arizona, then I am more likely to believe they are plants. This happened in Detroit right next to the largest arab/Muslim community in the USA in deerlake.

That community voted 57% uncommited in the primaries against Biden to protest his handling of Gaza. 

It is very likely these are protestors that really care about this issue rather than some Russia plant. 

Finally if you don't think this is a major issue this election, just look at the polling on it especially with independents. Now not gonna say this is even close to single issue voters that won't see the bigger picture, but something to keep in mind as Kamala can easily capture those votes if she play it smart rather than disparaging protestors on this issue. 

Not to say it will be easy as going too far will draw the wrath of AIPAC. 

image.thumb.png.f04d54d9f236bf328fac2076ff41ad35.png

I just think your doing an amazing job of dissecting,putting under the microscope and, trying to find everything that’s wrong with the Dems and Democracy.

Goeble was just fear monger as well at one time.

Then he was given power.

All eyes are in the Dems in the US , because that’s the only party showing up in this election.

The Republicans with any fortitude for their Country and people , are not supporting Trump,  and will create great working Relationships with the Democrats for the next 4 years and in the meantime , try to find a Candidate for President that Won’t be in Jail for the Election.

Suprise Reaction GIF by KNAPPSCHAFT

Edited by SilentSam

8 hours ago, 24K said:

If US use popular vote, then I am not concerned. But they use the electoral college and this issue can easily swing Michigan which the Dem need given the large deer lake suburb in Detroit and Biden's margin in the last election. 

She probably get out of this unscathed for now but continuly doing this in the future probably going to make more of a negative impact. 

She need a better plan to deal with this as it will happen in the future.

How can she plan for it though? She can't do what they want, and they are determined to make a show of it at the convention.

It doesn't seem to matter that they are hurting the cause they claim to care about.

Best thing that can happen for the dems is figuring out how to win without the extreme end of the progressives. 

Edited by Bob Long
  • Cheers 2