US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

'He's really losing it': Trump mocked for angry rant about Kamala Harris rally crowd sizes

https://www.rawstory.com/news/trump-rally-crowd-size/

Writing on his Truth Social platform on Thursday, Trump baselessly accused the media of inflating crowd sizes at Harris rallies, which have each drawn over 10,000 people this week in key swing states of Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin.

"If Kamala has 1,000 people at a Rally, the Press goes 'crazy,' and talks about how 'big' it was - And she pays for her 'Crowd,'" wrote Trump. "When I have a Rally, and 100,000 people show up, the Fake News doesn’t talk about it, THEY REFUSE TO MENTION CROWD SIZE. The Fake News is the Enemy of the People!"

Just now, The Arrogant Worms said:

Trump Took Private Jet Flight With Head Of Project 2025, New Photo Shows

The former president has tried to distance himself from the controversial far-right blueprint, claiming he has “no idea” who was in charge of it.

RDT_20240808_1136211328662627076303904.jpg

• Cheers 1

I guess the turn in the polls has left him no choice but to accept the debates.  Still no word on a Vance vs Walz debate.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/trump-says-wants-face-harris-3-debates-september-rcna165840

Trump says he wants to face Harris in 3 debates in September

At a press conference Thursday, the former president said he's accepted invitations from NBC News, Fox News and ABC News.

20 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

JD Vance Declares He’ll Debate Kamala Harris in a Matter of Days, Predicts ‘Bait and Switch’ Despite DNC Confirming Nominees

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/jd-vance-declares-hell-debate-kamala-harris-in-a-matter-of-days-predicts-bait-and-switch-despite-dnc-confirming-nominees/

😂

What Dotard doing? Still hiding in his basement?

14 hours ago, 24K said:

Not everything is Russia gate. This is a major issue in Michigan and a good portion of the Dem base. There is a reason Biden faced a strong uncommitted campaign in the primaries in the rust belt. Ignoring it and blaming it on Russia ain't helping anyone. 

You already see momentum have been stalled by Kamala's handling of the protestors among the dem base. 

She can't do the same thing again when faced with the same situation. 

Why not? Donald Trump has had protesters physically removed,from his rallies in the past.

In his words “don’t be gentle on him”.

Does Kamala really have to pussyfoot around ?

I thought that she handled it rather well.

• ThereItIs 1

14 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Trumpette Kristi Noem, spilling lies about her State’s performance, on behalf of the master felon. Noem is a follower, more like a disciple, rather than a leader.

People like her whip their dogs while people like Walz provide free lunches to impoverished kids. Gotta put a stop to that extremist behaviour.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

I guess the turn in the polls has left him no choice but to accept the debates.  Still no word on a Vance vs Walz debate.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/trump-says-wants-face-harris-3-debates-september-rcna165840

At a press conference Thursday, the former president said he's accepted invitations from NBC News, Fox News and ABC News.

if the Fox one comes 2nd or 3rd that could be a very good thing for Harris. Kick his ass on NBC, then let him squirm. 

24 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Trumpette Kristi Noem, spilling lies about her State’s performance, on behalf of the master felon. Noem is a follower, more like a disciple, rather than a leader.

People like her whip their dogs while people like Walz provide free lunches to impoverished kids. Gotta put a stop to that extremist behaviour.

Whipping is a step up for that monster

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

This below is apparently the apocalypse. People having fun together in a safe environment, its lefty hell on earth 😂

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Oh hell YES!

Come with the receipts Kamala.

Ivankas magical security clearance and her emails

Kushners randomly paid billions and a suspiciously timed leak of CIA ops in the region after he left

The endless grift of his supporters via questionable PACs

His stolen documents

His rape charges.

His pedophilia charges/accusations

Bring those receipts and destroy him openly publicly and force him to claim he never did that, said that or met with any of those people.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, 24K said:

She could have easily just said that. 

"I talked with the undecided leaders and we will have a deep discussion about this after I am done talking, but let me finish first."

Doing so shift the overtone window against the protestors completely and make them look like real fools if they continued.

I can appreciate where you are coming from.

However I have a hard time understanding how one small segement of society can actually have such an impact on an election.

Do people in the US critique every word and action from Donald Trump’s rallies, or is this just a thing that happens when a Democrat doesn’t handle a heckler in the perfect manner?

Is the Arab community in Dearborn Michigan, going to decide the election based on this single issue? Would they really vote for Trump, or even stay home on voting day?  I’m curious to know what Trump has ever done for the Arab/muslim community. I don’t hear a lot of good things about that. That travel ban on muslims from certain countries doesn’t set off any alarm bells.

If I were an Arab living in Michigan, I would likely vote for Harris, because I would have more confidence that her party would try to resolve the matter in the Middle East, and that people on the ground are working within the Arab community to address their concerns. I would be less confident that Trump and the republicans would do the same.  Just my opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

41 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

This below is apparently the apocalypse. People having fun together in a safe environment, its lefty hell on earth 😂

The right really struggle with context, though I'm sure she knows that ad isn't aimed at the average mid Westerner 

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

The right really struggle with context, though I'm sure she knows that ad isn't aimed at the average mid Westerner 

I don't think they struggle at all, they know they are lying through their teeth. 

I mean look at the people they are trying to demonize, kids having fun outside? oh the horror. 

38 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

However I have a hard time understanding how one small segement of society can actually have such an impact on an election.

Do people in the US critique every word and action from Donald Trump’s rallies, or is this just a thing that happens when a Democrat doesn’t handle a heckler in the perfect manner?

Is the Arab community in Dearborn Michigan, going to decide the election based on this single issue? Would they really vote for Trump, or even stay home on voting day?  I’m curious to know what Trump has ever done for the Arab/muslim community. I don’t hear a lot of good things about that. That travel ban on muslims from certain countries doesn’t set off any alarm bells.

If I were an Arab living in Michigan, I would likely vote for Harris, because I would have more confidence that her party would try to resolve the matter in the Middle East, and that people on the ground are working within the Arab community to address their concerns. I would be less confident that Trump and the republicans would do the same.  Just my opinion. 

The Democrats are constantly hamstrung by the fact that any little issue will be glommed onto by the right and it seems like they always have to be careful not to alienate anyone, no matter the cause. The Republicans, on the other hand, are held to a different standard. I think with the Trump threat out of the way, hopefully, the Democrats would govern in a way that more aligns with these protesters ideals and I think they know that. They are applying pressure the only way they can. Hopefully they don't alienate support for their cause in the process. A trump presidency would be disastrous for them. 

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, PistolPete13 said:

The electoral college and Michigan's 15 ec vote. Presidential elections are often swung by a few hundred thousand votes from swing states. Voting power is not the same across the states when it comes to the presidency. If you live in a tight swing state, votes from a small segement of the electorate can easily swing the election. 

It is a Dem thing as they are held to a higher standard and they should as they portray themselves as adults in the room and running on a campaign of competence. 

US all know who Trump is and oretty much give up trying to critique his word. 

Like all voting segments, they are not monolith, but to that community with family and friends in or from Gaza, it is a highly charged emotional issue. It may be the only issue they care about and in that case, their is no difference between Trump and Harris so why bother to vote? They want their family and friend to stop being killed by an out of control army. 

Edited by 24K

13 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

The Democrats are constantly hamstrung by the fact that any little issue will be glommed onto by the right and it seems like they always have to be careful not to alienate anyone, no matter the cause. The Republicans, on the other hand, are held to a different standard. I think with the Trump threat out of the way, hopefully, the Democrats would govern in a way that more aligns with these protesters ideals and I think they know that. They are applying pressure the only way they can. Hopefully they don't alienate support for their cause in the process. A trump presidency would be disastrous for them. 

The Dems have themselves to blame here as they are chasing the anti Trump coalition rather than creating movement of ideas. 

We have yet to hear any policy ideas from the Harris camapign that will move the country forward rather than just fix Trump's damage. 

Campaigning like that will result in the Dems being afraid to alienate anyone who is somewhat anti Trump. 

2 minutes ago, 24K said:

The Dems have themselves to blame here as they are chasing the anti Trump coalition rather than creating movement of ideas. 

We have yet to hear any policy ideas from the Harris camapign that will move the country forward rather than just fix Trump's damage. 

Campaigning like that will result in the Dems being afraid to alienate anyone who is somewhat anti Trump. 

You have made some good points in recent posts but I think you are putting too much emphasis on one sentence said at one campaign stop.  Let's wait to see what kinds of promises are made and by whom.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Satchmo said:

You have made some good points in recent posts but I think you are putting too much emphasis on one sentence said at one campaign stop.  Let's wait to see what kinds of promises are made and by whom.

Nah, I don't think that one sentence is gonna do any real damage. Concern is if it continues. You don't want to harden an electoral group against you from repeated actions. 

• Cheers 1