US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

16 minutes ago, 24K said:

The Dems have themselves to blame here as they are chasing the anti Trump coalition rather than creating movement of ideas. 

We have yet to hear any policy ideas from the Harris camapign that will move the country forward rather than just fix Trump's damage. 

Campaigning like that will result in the Dems being afraid to alienate anyone who is somewhat anti Trump. 

Well, the Convention is coming up.  That is generally where the Party Platform is voted on.  The QOP just cuts and pastes the previous version.

I would say that Walz's stuff that he did as Governor would kinda point to the direction she may be headed.  At minimum, they could expand on the CHIPS and science act, the infrastructure bill that Biden passed and protect Social Security and Medicare.  The latter is something that prominent QOP members (R. Scott being one) have in their crosshairs. 

• Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Well, the Convention is coming up.  That is generally where the Party Platform is voted on.  The QOP just cuts and pastes the previous version.

I would say that Walz's stuff that he did as Governor would kinda point to the direction she may be headed.  At minimum, they could expand on the CHIPS and science act, the infrastructure bill that Biden passed and protect Social Security and Medicare.  The latter is something that prominent QOP members (R. Scott being one) have in their crosshairs. 

Yeah ofcourse the convention will give a platform but I am talking about a unifying or signature idea that drive a movement like Obama's healthcare plan he ran on in 2008. 

Just continue to expand chips and infrastructure is probably not sexy enough to drive up a movement that allows the dem to move away from anti Trump. 

Edited by 24K

5 minutes ago, 24K said:

Yeah ofcourse the convention will give a platform but I am talking about a unifying or signature idea that drive a movement like Obama's healthcare plan he ran on in 2008. 

Just continue to expand chips and infrastructure os probably not sexy enough to drive up a movement that allows the dem to move away from anti Trump. 

Running on Biden's idea to denazify the SCOTUS might be a good start.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Sounds like the ABC one might be first. 

Yep, takes two to tangle. Harris only committed to 1. 

Trump love to make it sound like they agreed when it is just his wish casting. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 24K said:

Yep, takes two to tangle. Harris only committed to 1. 

Trump love to make it sound like they agreed when it is just his wish casting. 

I think that there is more pressure on trump to concede on the location of the first debate. 

Edited by Bob Long

31 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I think that there is more pressure on trump to concede on the location of the first debate. 

I assume you meant network cause who cares if the debate is held in Pennsylvania or Wisconsin. 

Edited by 24K

6 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

This is the ‘SuperPower’ politics that dictates the world order. 

Are we living in a Comedy or a Tragedy? 

Well comedy = tragedy + time   ....   so both? 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, 24K said:

The electoral college and Michigan's 15 ec vote. Presidential elections are often swung by a few hundred thousand votes from swing states. Voting power is not the same across the states when it comes to the presidency. If you live in a tight swing state, votes from a small segement of the electorate can easily swing the election. 

It is a Dem thing as they are held to a higher standard and they should as they portray themselves as adults in the room and running on a campaign of competence. 

US all know who Trump is and oretty much give up trying to critique his word. 

Like all voting segments, they are not monolith, but to that community with family and friends in or from Gaza, it is a highly charged emotional issue. It may be the only issue they care about and in that case, their is no difference between Trump and Harris so why bother to vote? They want their family and friend to stop being killed by an out of control army. 

If the Arabs/Muslims  living in Michigan and throughout the U.S feel that way, and Palestinian issue is their big concern, they might not vote. I would just caution people that I clearly remember fear that many Muslims felt after 9/11 here in Chicago. Illinois has the largest Muslim population in the U.S btw. When attacks started all across the country and many of victims ended up being Sikhs because they were mistaken for Muslims.

If some sort or conflict starts between the U.S and a Muslim nation or some sort of large scale terrorist attack by those mentioned takes place. That same Trump that wanted to ban Muslims is going to start same poisonous rhetoric that will be a call to arms to fully armed zealots. Bush didn’t stir up anti Muslim sentiment in the U.S after 9/11, feds hunted down those that engaged in deadly attacks against Sikhs and Muslims and lot of them receiving the death penalties. Wait until Donny starts talking about the good guys on both sides after one of them shoots up a mosque.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

23 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

If the Arabs/Muslims  living in Michigan and throughout the U.S feel that way, and Palestinian issue is their big concern, they might not vote. I would just caution people that I clearly remember fear that many Muslims felt after 9/11 here in Chicago. Illinois has the largest Muslim population in the U.S btw. When attacks started all across the country and many of victims ended up being Sikhs because they were mistaken for Muslims.

If some sort or conflict starts between the U.S and a Muslim nation or some sort of large scale terrorist attack by those mentioned takes place. That same Trump that wanted to ban Muslims is going to start same poisonous rhetoric that will be a call to arms to fully armed zealots. Bush didn’t stir up anti Muslim sentiment in the U.S after 9/11, feds hunted down those that engaged in deadly attacks against Sikhs and Muslims and lot of them receiving the death penalties. Wait until Donny starts talking about the good guys on both sides after one of them shoots up a mosque.

won't have to.  I have no doubt he starts talking about the fine people in the UK soon enough

• ThereItIs 1

43 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

This is the ‘SuperPower’ politics that dictates the world order. 

Are we living in a Comedy or a Tragedy? 

You almost repeated Karl Marks

“historical entities appear two times, the first as tragedy, then as farce"

• Cheers 1