US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

41 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Fuck this guy is an attention seeking idiot with a bag full of cash and an edison complex

The only shitty thing is he's set up with so much money he could burn tens of millions each day and not feel it. He's pretty insulated from any consequences.

37 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

With talk of a Harris presidency putting a butt load of cash back in to NASA and the space agency and cutting subsidies to the Musks of the world.  He stands to lose even more as Tesla keeps slipping as more EVs come online and available at cheaper prices without the proprietary issues

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, DSVII said:

The only shitty thing is he's set up with so much money he could burn tens of millions each day and not feel it. He's pretty insulated from any consequences.

Prison would be the only real consequence.

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Fuck this guy is an attention seeking idiot with a bag full of cash and an edison complex

I drive a Tesla, not because I'm anything close to a Elon fan but at the time it was the best choice, but I really got to separate the man from the company.

Interesting side note,  I have to defend myself constantly from hardcore MAGA and PP supporters because I drive an electric car even though he's on their side. They get turned around so easy

16 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

Jones hasn’t been on JRE since 2020.  
Folks are so triggered by Joe.   
hahahah

And yet you felt compelled to come here and defend him despite not taking part in the thread in quite some time. Alex Jones perpetrated the most heinous personal attack in history against people experiencing the most tragic event a human can experience. Anyone who gives this man a platform is complicit imo. Did Rogan ever invite these parents on his show to talk about it? Did he seek their approval before inviting this evil pos on the show? If he did I couldn't find evidence. Instead he makes excuses for Alex Jones because he was in a bad place. Where's the empathy for the victims in this case? That's often a cornerstone of conservative politics whenever it comes to applying the law, including in the court of public opinion. Why wasn't it applied here? Alex jones should never be given a second of airtime on any platform to perpetuate his bullshit, unless it's his obituary. Until we can all agree on that there's nothing more to talk about. 

• Thanks 3

45 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I don't think bill gates is evil, he's doing great things with his foundation.

Evil.

Living will is a step better, but no person should hoard so much. 129 billion....ridiculous.

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

And yet you felt compelled to come here and defend him despite not taking part in the thread in quite some time. Alex Jones perpetrated the most heinous personal attack in history against people experiencing the most tragic event a human can experience. Anyone who gives this man a platform is complicit imo. Did Rogan ever invite these parents on his show to talk about it? Did he seek their approval before inviting this evil pos on the show? If he did I couldn't find evidence. Instead he makes excuses for Alex Jones because he was in a bad place. Where's the empathy for the victims in this case? That's often a cornerstone of conservative politics whenever it comes to applying the law, including in the court of public opinion. Why wasn't it applied here? Alex jones should never be given a second of airtime on any platform to perpetuate his bullshit, unless it's his obituary. Until we can all agree on that there's nothing more to talk about. 

I dont like that Alex was on the show. I didn't know until you told me. Joe has had quite a few controversial figures on.

i just read some stuff relating to your points though. Alex didn't talk about any of the Sandy Hook stuff on the show right? the prosecutors in the case wanted any communication between him and Joe. There was nothing from what I read.

As i think the topic wasn't brought up...It might seem weird to have the parents on as you suggest because then he might feel he has to give Alex a platform to discuss it too...

I dunno. 

I can tell you this. Lots of normal folks still listen to JRE. So, I think DB Cooper is wrong in that people should take Joes show seriously due to its influence.

It is sad though that Joe, like so many, are wrapped up in politics. He has had some guests that are great. The few episodes I watched were the fun things about science that dont get lots of air time...having Kaku on to talk about the future, etc

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

I don't think bill gates is evil, he's doing great things with his foundation.

Rinat Akhmetov’s donations for the defense of his country are impressive, although the methods he used to achieve his fortunate are certainly questionable.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Evil.

Living will is a step better, but no person should hoard so much. 129 billion....ridiculous.

interesting. I guess I see it as inevitable that someone will win capitalism. At least with ol Bill, he gives a lot of it back to really under-served areas of the world, and treats diseases that no one else would do anything about. 

Just now, Bob Long said:

interesting. I guess I see it as inevitable that someone will win capitalism. At least with ol Bill, he gives a lot of it back to really under-served areas of the world, and treats diseases that no one else would do anything about. 

We could just solve....everything.

World hunger?  np, fix it 40x over...

World's billionaires are worth £11.3 trillion. Here's how their cash could make the world a better place

https://www.bigissue.com/news/social-justice/forbes-rich-list-billionaires-collective-wealth-trillion/#:~:text=According to United Nations World,40 times over.

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

World's billionaires are worth £11.3 trillion. Here's how their cash could make the world a better place

https://www.bigissue.com/news/social-justice/forbes-rich-list-billionaires-collective-wealth-trillion/#:~:text=According to United Nations World,40 times over.

as long as we're including the Vatican.

Is that their cash value, or if they theoretically sold all they have? 

It would be awesome to see them get together and to this for 1/40th of their dough, you are correct. It could possibly be accomplished with a global tax but then we'd probably have to invade the offshore banking islands. 

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

as long as we're including the Vatican.

Is that their cash value, or if they theoretically sold all they have? 

It would be awesome to see them get together and to this for 1/40th of their dough, you are correct. It could possibly be accomplished with a global tax but then we'd probably have to invade the offshore banking islands. 

I know I am being idealistic ( again)

But I think the idea of wealth hoarding should be shunned. But it is not. Why the Fook do many people look up to these folks when what they are doing is immoral?

A fat kid on the playground, not sharing any of his chocolate bars even though he cant fit them all in his fat face. Meanwhile the other kids on the playground, well a lot of them are ...dying. ( 9 million people die each year from hunger)

Billionaires could do soo much good and just decide not to. It's simple as that.

They are evil. They do not care. They hide behind....that's capitalism, not my fault.

And to rub it in, a lot of the wealthy folks were 'born on 3rd, but walk around like they hit a triple. '

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I know I am being idealistic ( again)

But I think the idea of wealth hoarding should be shunned. But it is not.

Mobility of money. Places in the world willing to hide it for you. Really good lawyers and accountants. 

Our government has no chance vs this really. 

Why the Fook do many people look up to these folks when what they are doing is immoral?

well, morality is relative. Some folks see all (or nearly all) success as "earned" and you're not "as good" as they are.

A fat kid on the playground, not sharing any of his chocolate bars even though he cant fit them all in his fat face. Meanwhile the other kids on the playground, well a lot of them are ...dying. ( 9 million people die each year from hunger)

Billionaires could do soo much good and just decide not to. It's simple as that.

They are evil. They do not care. They hide behind....that's capitalism, not my fault.

And to rub it in, a lot of the wealthy folks were 'born on 3rd, but walk around like they hit a triple. '

We the consumer can make something of a difference, but at the end of the day we're still going to create a billionaire whether its a Weston family member or whoever owns Walmart.

It's also really made complex because so many people's pension plans are wrapped up in big business. You have a great home, land, etc. but many don't and without a strong pension they are fucked. Until we can actually change capitalism we're going to have these people. 

I'd love to be able to live in an ideal Star Trek world, maybe someday we'll have that. 

Edited by Bob Long

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Mobility of money. Places in the world willing to hide it for you. Really good lawyers and accountants. 

Our government has no chance vs this really. 

well, morality is relative. Some folks see all (or nearly all) success as "earned" and you're not "as good" as they are.

We the consumer can make something of a difference, but at the end of the day we're still going to create a billionaire whether its a Weston family member or whoever owns Walmart.

It's also really made complex because so many people's pension plans are wrapped up in big business. You have a great home, land, etc. but many don't and without a strong pension they are fucked. Until we can actually change capitalism we're going to have these people. 

I'd love to be able to live in an ideal Star Trek world, maybe someday we'll have that. 

So, what I think is,

Society should stop looking up to these pigs. They are hurting us all.

Praise people for their accomplishments, achievements,  but shun any that commit the sin of greed, hoarding that wealth to a stupid level. 

Calling them pigs is too kind. I really like pigs. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

How many billionaires is that again?  All of them?  Insane..  Imagine being able to pay off the sovereign debts of no less than 6 of the G8 nations and still having hundreds of billions left over and crying about being taxed.

The only thing crazier is people making less than $100k a year defending them from taxation.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2
  • ThereItIs 1

4 hours ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

And yet you felt compelled to come here and defend him despite not taking part in the thread in quite some time.

Defend who?   Jones?   Get real.  
Joe is great tho, depending on what you are watching for.  
Also, my apologies.  I will try to be in this thread more consistently for you. 

Alex Jones perpetrated the most heinous personal attack in history against people experiencing the most tragic event a human can experience. 

Agreed

Anyone who gives this man a platform is complicit imo.

Thats just your opinion.  
I disagree.  
Joe gives a platform to idiots of all sides.   lol. 
He also mocks him through the interview.  

Did Rogan ever invite these parents on his show to talk about it? 

You’d have to ask Joe. 

Did he seek their approval before inviting this evil pos on the show? If he did I couldn't find evidence. 

He doesnt need to answer to

anyone or ask anyone’s permission. 

Instead he makes excuses for Alex Jones because he was in a bad place.

He never supported, backed or made excuses for any of Jones’s disgusting shit.  
He mocked and questions all of it.  
He did have a good time with the gay frogs and sex cult stuff.  lol 

Where's the empathy for the victims in this case? That's often a cornerstone of conservative politics whenever it comes to applying the law, including in the court of public opinion. Why wasn't it applied here? Alex jones should never be given a second of airtime on any platform to perpetuate his bullshit, unless it's his obituary. Until we can all agree on that there's nothing more to talk about. 

Joe seems to be a very empathetic person.  Also, not a conservative.  

The only reason I’m even defending Joe here is because people take snippets mashed together and join them with some bozo’s opinion, even though they have never listened to an episode.   

It’s not some big scary dangerous podcast with some conservative agenda. 
It’s a curious, stoned comedian. 
No different from Theo Von, Bobby Lee or Your Moms House. 

Edited by D.B Cooper
  • Cheers 1