US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

11 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Whether it was his main goal or not, the transition to electric modes of transport should yield a very positive effect on the battle against global warming. I haven't poured through all the data, but I know some scientists believe we need to take immediate action against climate change. He had a lot of barriers he had to overcome when it came to electric vehicles, most thought it was a foolish endeavor. There was almost no infrastructure in place to support electric vehicles at the time. His Pay Pal money and Tesla money are not in the same ballpark.    

Let's call it.  Looks like you and I wont ever agree on the pros and cons of Elon Musk.

BTW - 'some scientists believe we need to take immediate action against climate change' is a pretty big understatement.  Some?

• Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

No either way its your choice and it is not a appropriate measure of how evil you are. 

Thank you.

However, them billionaires....

F'ing Evil. 

1 hour ago, Sabrefan1 said:

The reports were that his campaign was surprised when Biden dropped out.  I'm surprised that they were surprised if that's true.  Either way, taking their foot off of the gas against a weak Biden was stupid.  The speculation was there for weeks about him being replaced.

She gets criticized for having musical acts at her rallies.  That's an insane thing to criticize.  If she didn't use something like that to draw in more people, that would be something to criticize.

Trump screwed himself when he lost the ability to use arenas by not paying his bills years ago.  It's his fault that many thousands of people don't want to stand in an open field for hours at a time in order to listen to a speech.

He has them, but they are more of the same.  Show up hours early, stand around in the heat, listen to a speech that you've seen before on the internet.

Kamala is in arenas where people can show up and relax in a seat in an air conditioned building before they listen to a speech.

Trump is currently seeing the consequences of his own past actions coming back to bite him in the ass.

Poor planning will be chief amongst his downfall if he loses.  He made a smart decision to start using X/Twitter again.  He needs to follow it up by doing appearances and blowing his campaign cash on the correct swing states that he can still win in.

His poor planning has likely already lost him Michigan which is a hard blow against his electoral college count.

I think you have the ‘pulse’ of it all. 

Anything I say is superfluous. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Tesla and Space x are all well and good for bringing potential exploration in to the private sector and bringing the popularity of EVs forward as well.  But neithe were really his thing he just bought and steamrolled them.

Well, he was the one that took the risk and it's happening under his watch.

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

They also exist on MASSIVE government subsidization which honestly should not exist 

Many things do 

A good way to check the pulse of the USA election polling is fox news

The more outrageous and bizarre the attack headlines means Harris is leading .. if the stories are about loving Trump is means Trump is in the lead

Given today's fox news headlines I'd say Harris is kicking the orange man's ass and Fox is in full panic mode lol

I get it fox news is like your grandmas old national Enquirer and is so over the top ludicrous as to be hilarious. ... Fox News should come in the same print form so atleast could be of some value in the outhouse lol

Edited by Sapper
  • Haha 1

Of course they claim cyber attack.   Lol

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/08/12/elon-musk-donald-trump-event-on-x-crashes-site-tesla-ceo-blames-hackers.html?__source=iosappshare|com.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

Elon Musk, Donald Trump event on X crashes site, Tesla CEO blames cyberattack

• Elon Musk’s much-hyped interview of Donald Trump on the social media platform X was quickly derailed by technical glitches.
  • Musk blamed a cyberattack, saying “There appears to be a massive DDOS attack on 𝕏. Working on shutting it down.”
  • For many, it was a reminder of the technical disaster on X in May 2023 that botched Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ presidential campaign announcement.
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

He made the majority of his fortune from Tesla, an electric vehicle company. That's not a very evil way to make billions, are you not concerned about global warming? He is made a huge difference mainstreaming electric vehicles in a time when people said it wouldn't work, and got very rich from it. Bezos is way more evil I would say, as he has his hand in a lot of businesses pockets as they need his distribution network to remain competitive.    

Ask the employees who were unfortunate enough to work under that piece of shit.  Bezos at least isn't openly promoting the Nazifcation of the USA and negotiating with subhuman vermn like Putin.  The only way Musk can contribute positively to the world is if he is in prison as proof of consequences for his crimes against humanity.

8 minutes ago, 24K said:

Not yet, but the caravan is back baby!

That's like going to a Journey concert and you hear

"just a small town girl, living in a lonely world..........."

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chickenspear said:

Are they in the same room? I hope the ego clash is too much and they devolve into a fist fight.

No, but Elon is definitely behaving like a serv to his god king. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Elon must be thinking. Maybe the Democrats will let my companies just make money? 

Elon's empire is built on gonvernment spending and subsidies. No way Dem is not gonna bury him if Trump lose. 

This is do or die for Elon.