US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

If these "independent journalists" of yours have all entirely led you down one path, those are not independent journalists. That's propaganda affecting you dude.

wow you're really gone hey? Sorry to hurt your brain. Sorry you can't handle reality that you're lied to and you've bought it. Sorry your ego is to scared to accept reality

it won't change reality

You live in a world where you buy the gaslighting

You hear Friedland say canada is doing great, and you probably buy it

meanwhile record numbers are using food banks

record credit card debt

record numbers will lose their homes in the next year as mortage rates reset

and the media and govt say all is great, and you buy it...

cool 

facts dont matter to you people I said it, I see it

• Haha 1

Just now, CanucksCup2026 said:

wow you're really gone hey? Sorry to hurt your brain. Sorry you can't handle reality that you're lied to and you've bought it. Sorry your ego is to scared to accept reality

it won't change reality

record credit card debt

cool 

It won't change your reality I'm sure. Actual reality on the other hand... I'll take my chances thanks. lol

Also, I'm not a Trudeau supporter and I don't think everything's great up here. You seem really adamant on assuming things and fearful of actually asking questions on another's stance.

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Pretty sure this is the one who infested the Ukraine thread with his propaganda and then made a brief comeback after getting the banhammer.  At least he finally posted a sliver of truth hidden within all the drivel:

5 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

In Obama's 1st term, he deported more people than TRUMP did in his 4 years.

In Obama's 2nd term, he deported more people than TRUMP did in his 4 years.

If not for Covid, Biden would have easily surpassed TRUMP to date (Biden's term isn't over).

So it seems that the administrations that were following the laws were actually Obama and Biden.  Open borders my posterior.

And I can EASILY post sources for this.  I'd love to see your sources of your retort.

Because Trump's border policy was effective

Buden EO'd (killed) all of Trump's border policies

And what happened? He let in now 11-14 million illegals and the Dems complain about a border bill that sent more money to Ukraine and still allowed 5k illegals per day

Illegals who Kamala said she will allow to vote - see why they did it? Wasn't that a conspiracy 6 months ago? Do you know how house seats are apportioned? Based on the census, the census doesn't just include citizens, why do you think they're stacking illegals into Dem states? So they get more seats in the house, muh democracy!!

People are entitled to opinions, it doesn't mean they are right

You people shouldn't comment, you're exposing ignorance

Edited by CanucksCup2026
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Lock said:

It won't change your reality I'm sure. Actual reality on the other hand... I'll take my chances thanks. lol

Also, I'm not a Trudeau supporter and I don't think everything's great up here. You seem really adamant on assuming things and fearful of actually asking questions on another's stance.

Your bias and source of information is obvious, you're transparent. I don't need to ask

• Haha 1

This really deserves stressing what you just said....

2 minutes ago, CanucksCup2026 said:

Just now, CanucksCup2026 said:

Your bias and source of information is obvious, you're transparent. I don't need to ask

I don't expect you to realise what you sound like with this.... but I really don't feel threatened here. lol

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, 24K said:

Elon's empire is built on gonvernment spending and subsidies. No way Dem is not gonna bury him if Trump lose. 

This is do or die for Elon. 

It's definitely not do or die for Tesla, SpaceX, or Elon Musk.

SpaceX is worth over $200 Billion and is slowly creeping towards a possible public IPO which will skyrocket (pun intended) it's value.  His contracts are through NASA/US gov't because he's the only entity that can reliably get the US into space besides Russia.  Boeing is crapping the bed hard and NASA's rockets and capsule is ridiculously expensive and isn't reusable.  He also has quite a few private sector launches as well.  You get those contracts when you are the cheapest choice with the fastest turnaround and have a rocket with a very good reputation. 

Tesla's net income last year alone was around $15 Billion.  https://www.statista.com/statistics/272130/net-loss-of-tesla/

In the last 10 years, Tesla has netted about $3 Billion in subsidies with the lion's share coming from Nevada and NY, not the federal gov't.  https://subsidytracker.goodjobsfirst.org/parent/tesla-inc

I'm not a huge fan of subsidies but Buffalo wouldn't have a Gigafactory without the ginormous one that NY state gave them.  I won't even get into how poorly the state gov't has handled that whole situation regardless.

• Like 1

I wonder if the twitter interview will do anything for Trump. He's been bleeding against Kamala for weeks. Didn't bother listening in as his speeches might as well be recordings at this point.

I don't know how he recovers. His platform is barren, his speeches boring, full of errors and repetitive, and he's ancient. There's barely any substance, just a grumpy old man whining about how life isn't fair.

Harris/Walz are fresh, energetic, and really jiving with the populace. 

2 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

I wonder if the twitter interview will do anything for Trump. He's been bleeding against Kamala for weeks. Didn't bother listening in as his speeches might as well be recordings at this point.

I don't know how he recovers. His platform is barren, his speeches boring, full of errors and repetitive, and he's ancient. There's barely any substance, just a grumpy old man whining about how life isn't fair.

It's like Don Cherry vs Kevin Bieksa.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Duodenum said:

Twitter/X Democrats are claiming that Trump was slurring, but I saw the video feed with clear audio.  That's not a slur that was sometimes making it's way through. 

That's a lisp.

If it comes out that he has false teeth, or even worse dentures, that were loose, he's never gonna hear the end of it.  It also will do nothing for the whole age problem that is hurting him already.

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, The Lock said:

This really deserves stressing what you just said....

I don't expect you to realise what you sound like with this.... but I really don't feel threatened here. lol

don't waste your time.  just another troll.  I've stopped reading his posts because I keep hearing banjos in my head.  typical.  rude, thinks he knows it all but doesn't see or prefers not to see what the real issues are.  Its not the economy or immigration records and performances of both which can be debated add nauseum.  But like all Trump supporters, they refuse to address the issue that Trump is a convicted felon, a rapist, an insurrectionist and a fraudster all rolled into one.  And also a wannabe Dictator based on who he admires and hints that he drops in his speeches.  Jan 6 was nothing compared what he and his supporters want to do.  

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

45 minutes ago, CanucksCup2026 said:

I do my own research and think for myself based on that, separates me from a monkey

I don't outsource my brain to CNN ....unlike you and those here

Anyways, I read many posts here before I commented, its a circle jerk of leftist brainwashing so I have nothing to add to your sandbox of delusion

Enjoy voting for Trudeau or Jagmeet, maybe you can donate 80% of your money to the govt even when PP wins, to make yourselves feel good

You sound pretty stupid and brain washed to the bullshit. It's not about left or right wing.

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

don't waste your time.  just another troll.  I've stopped reading his posts because I keep hearing banjos in my head.  typical.  rude, thinks he knows it all but doesn't see or prefers not to see what the real issues are.  Its not the economy or immigration records and performances of both which can be debated add nauseum.  But like all Trump supporters, they refuse to address the issue that Trump is a convicted felon, a rapist, an insurrectionist and a fraudster all rolled into one.  And also a wannabe Dictator based on who he admires and hints that he drops in his speeches.  Jan 6 was nothing compared what he and his supporters want to do.  

Oh, I totally get it. They're not here to debate. I kind of figured that was going to be the case in the other thread in the Canucks area, so I directed them here so they could let it all out and tell us what they really felt.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 2

15 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Twitter/X Democrats are claiming that Trump was slurring, but I saw the video feed with clear audio.  That's not a slur that was sometimes making it's way through. 

That's a lisp.

If it comes out that he has false teeth, or even worse dentures, that were loose, he's never gonna hear the end of it.  It also will do nothing for the whole age problem that is hurting him already.

One Maga listener said the lisp made the interview almost impossible to fap to.

:classic_laugh:

• Haha 3
  • chaos 1

18 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

That's a lisp.

Hmm. If he was lisping the Donald Duck jabs are gonna come fast and often. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sabrefan1 said:

It's definitely not do or die for Tesla, SpaceX, or Elon Musk.

SpaceX is worth over $200 Billion and is slowly creeping towards a possible public IPO which will skyrocket (pun intended) it's value.  His contracts are through NASA/US gov't because he's the only entity that can reliably get the US into space besides Russia.  Boeing is crapping the bed hard and NASA's rockets and capsule is ridiculously expensive and isn't reusable.  He also has quite a few private sector launches as well.  You get those contracts when you are the cheapest choice with the fastest turnaround and have a rocket with a very good reputation. 

Tesla's net income last year alone was around $15 Billion.  https://www.statista.com/statistics/272130/net-loss-of-tesla/

In the last 10 years, Tesla has netted about $3 Billion in subsidies with the lion's share coming from Nevada and NY, not the federal gov't.  https://subsidytracker.goodjobsfirst.org/parent/tesla-inc

I'm not a huge fan of subsidies but Buffalo wouldn't have a Gigafactory without the ginormous one that NY state gave them.  I won't even get into how poorly the state gov't has handled that whole situation regardless.

Well he ain't do or die short term but rather long term is what I am referring to.

SpaceX is heavily government dependent not just on contract but also telecommunication regulations with regards to starlink not mentioning export controls. Boeing shitting the bed is probably the best thing for Elon in a long while but you know NASA ain't going to handcuff itself to SpaceX. Elon needs to be in the good grace of governments in order for SpaceX to continue its success long term. Pissing the Dems off like he has is probably not a good idea business wise. This ain't Bill Akeman that can just play with the stock market.

As for Tesla, concern is with competition and Elon pretty much driving a wedge between Tesla and its customer base.

Already sales of Tesla are down 2 quarters in a row not to mention all the price cuts reducing margins.

https://apnews.com/article/tesla-sales-fall-beat-estimates-95fbef30f5913c874802d7ab2d30d855

Think Elon is very scared of the prospects of chinese EVs entering the American market. They have already devastated Tesla's sales by 24% y/y. Think Elon's thought is Trump will be way more tough on chinese EVs compared to the Dems that may see it as a way to reduce car cost to consumers or do what China did and setup shell companies to co-develop EV with traditional auto makers.

Elon is also trying to eliminate the subsidies Tesla had used in its rapid rise to prevent traditional automakers from entering the market creating more competition that we have already seen through price cuts. Trump is probably way more open to that compared to Harris for sure.

Elon like all these tech bros want to control a near monopoly on EVs and the increased players in the space is driving him nuts as he is losing pricing power.

Edited by 24K

55 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

I’ve read hundreds of books and articles written by authors of every political persuasion. 

I do my own research , as do the majority of the posters on this board. If you want anyone to consider you point of view, the.m start by assuming that you are communicating with intelligent people. 

Well put. I have found the majority of people on this board to be civil, willing to exchange ideas and respectful of others. And Pete is right, most people here know what they are talking about, even when they disagree. Then, every once in a while, Clam makes an appearance under yet another pseudonym and sets out to piss on your leg and tell you it's raining.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Well put. I have found the majority of people on this board to be civil, willing to exchange ideas and respectful of others. And Pete is right, most people here know what they are talking about, even when they disagree. Then, every once in a while, Clam makes an appearance under yet another pseudonym and sets out to piss on your leg and tell you it's raining.

I don't think they was clam this time. Seemed too fragile. That being said, I can't say I know clam well but I myself only show up now and then so I'm sure there's a lot of conversation I've missed. lol

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, CanucksCup2026 said:

Interesting that you believe this. I listened to the whole thing. Anyone who had done the same would have learned a great deal of how the media and leftist twitter lies....simply based on this tweet you've posted. Enjoy NPC ignorance.

You listened to it and heard what?  Some kind of intellectual conversation full of well thought out questions and responses and to the point responses to major issues?

No, what you heard was your confirmation bias at work.

The rest of the world heard a whinging sycophant hugging the testes of a pathetic old man who is blatantly and obviously in the throes of senility.  It's actually kind of fucking pathetic how the wealthiest man in the world couldn't unhinge his jaw enough to fellate the ego of that pompous fucking windbag.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Crime is not down under Biden, the fact you believe this shows what your sources of information are. I live in the USA. When they stop charging people for crimes yes stats go down

Cheap energy is the way to ensure low inflation, so you do drill more. If you knew anything about energy markets you'd understand what the US being anti oil does to futures markets, education needed

Under Trump no new wars were started, Under Biden - Ukraine, Israel Gaza Iran, and potentially Taiwan

11 million illegals have entered the USA and more are coming, your stats are  coming from CNN and are lies. Hotels In my city NYC are overrun with illegals on the govt dime, while veterans lie in the streets. Kids gyms are being taken over to house, sending kids in black neighborhoods into the streets. You're completely sucking on the TEET of msm brainwashing buddy

You're an NPC not wasting my time with you, you're all the same, all anti trump nonsense driving your perspective not reality

non playing character, you know in video games....ie a drone

Ukraine, Gaza?

NPC is a slang term for people who can't think for themselves, and actually believe media such as CNN tells you the truth

I'll have you know, the vast majority of people are well aware that main stream media is BS. Only those easily programmed and controlled like an NPC, actually believe it

You truly are lost...lol

I do my own research and think for myself based on that, separates me from a monkey

I don't outsource my brain to CNN ....unlike you and those here

Anyways, I read many posts here before I commented, its a circle jerk of leftist brainwashing so I have nothing to add to your sandbox of delusion

Enjoy voting for Trudeau or Jagmeet, maybe you can donate 80% of your money to the govt even when PP wins, to make yourselves feel good

you realize left and right mainstream media are controlled by the same 6 wealthy people right? Its the same thing. Both lie to you. Go to X and follow independent journalists dude

Why are there laws for immigration? good god

it won't change reality

record credit card debt

cool 

1 hour ago, CanucksCup2026 said:

Because Trump's border policy was effective

Buden EO'd (killed) all of Trump's border policies

And what happened? He let in now 11-14 million illegals and the Dems complain about a border bill that sent more money to Ukraine and still allowed 5k illegals per day

Illegals who Kamala said she will allow to vote - see why they did it? Wasn't that a conspiracy 6 months ago? Do you know how house seats are apportioned? Based on the census, the census doesn't just include citizens, why do you think they're stacking illegals into Dem states? So they get more seats in the house, muh democracy!!

People are entitled to opinions, it doesn't mean they are right

1 hour ago, CanucksCup2026 said:

Billy Madison Shut Up GIF

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1